Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 Ex Speed Manuel, occasional power to injectors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Ex Speed Manuel, occasional power to injectors.

I bought a '93 accord ex from my uncle that has been sitting in the shop without starting for over 3 years and first thing i did was give it a new battery and me and my pops replaced the distributor. After that we replaced the Fuel pump Main Relay. Finally after messing with it for a few days it started and died a little bit after . Turning it again my pops realized that the alternator was bad so i replaced it with a new one from Auto-zone. Expecting it to turn it only cranked but never turned. So we went ahed and checked out a few things and realized that the fuel injectors weren't getting power half the time. Don't know why, any help please.

Electrical issues are no fun. My first thought was, "I wonder if this was a flood car?" I wonder if the computer is at fault. It might be worth pulling back the carpet and taking a look at it. If you see rust, scale, or other deterioration replace it with the same model from a local junkyard.

After that I'd try tracing the injector wires back and checking continuity, and looking for loose connections. Actually if you could hook up a voltmeter to the plug for one of the injectors, leave the key in the on position, and then wigggle the wire harness and all the relevant connectors while someone watches the dial, you may find the culprit that way. There are wiring diagrams to be found somewhere on this site those could help or add confusion.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184559

I'd also look at the relevant fuses and relays.

Another good idea might be to ignore everything I say and listen to any of the wiser folks on this forum that might respond. That could save you a lot of time.
    Last edited by ukemike; 02-08-2019, 02:06 PM. Reason: add link
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Reply..

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
      Electrical issues are no fun. My first thought was, "I wonder if this was a flood car?" I wonder if the computer is at fault. It might be worth pulling back the carpet and taking a look at it. If you see rust, scale, or other deterioration replace it with the same model from a local junkyard.

After that I'd try tracing the injector wires back and checking continuity, and looking for loose connections. Actually if you could hook up a voltmeter to the plug for one of the injectors, leave the key in the on position, and then wigggle the wire harness and all the relevant connectors while someone watches the dial, you may find the culprit that way. There are wiring diagrams to be found somewhere on this site those could help or add confusion.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184559

I'd also look at the relevant fuses and relays.

Another good idea might be to ignore everything I say and listen to any of the wiser folks on this forum that might respond. That could save you a lot of time.

So we havent got back to check all the wires and all that. as far as parts go, i've replaced the alternator, the external coil for the distributor, and we're debating on picking up a computer from a local pick n pull .
      Also replaced the ignition switch and it turned a few times but kept dying.
      Still dont know why its loosing power man, will be tracing wires back soon.

also we've checked all fuses, all seem good.

Comment

Reply..

oh, and we did replace the Main relay because it had gone bad.

Comment

I've heard of the resister going bad. Might wanna check that.

My swap thread
          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "fuel injectors weren't getting power half the time."?

How did you check for injector power?

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
              I've heard of the resister going bad. Might wanna check that.
              Will go get new one and replace .

Comment

Don't just throw parts at it, you need to figure out what's wrong first...

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
                  What exactly do you mean by "fuel injectors weren't getting power half the time."?

How did you check for injector power?
                  Apologize, what i mean is there’s no spark when it comes to holding the spark plug from the coil to a ground , it sparks occasionally .

Comment

Then your problem has nothing to do with fueling or injectors.

Your problem is ignition.

To be honest I'm actually worried about your ability to check spark even lol. Are you sure you didn't just move the coil wire too far away from ground and the spark stopped because it couldn't jump the gap?

I would recommend you put an old spark plug into the coil wire and hold the electrode against a metal part of the motor and crank it and make sure the spark is consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUOmsGiirTU

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
                      Then your problem has nothing to do with fueling or injectors.

Your problem is ignition.

To be honest I'm actually worried about your ability to check spark even lol. Are you sure you didn't just move the coil wire too far away from ground and the spark stopped because it couldn't jump the gap?

I would recommend you put an old spark plug into the coil wire and hold the electrode against a metal part of the motor and crank it and make sure the spark is consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUOmsGiirTU
                      Said injectors because the fuel injectors wasnt shooting sometimes, we had rented testers from o rieleys that showed a small light when the power was there while cranking and sometimes it wouldn't light. that is why i said injectors. i apologize if that's inaccurate.

lol i understand, personally im not too educated on these things but im picking from what i learn from my pops and translate it here, but no im sure its not because we moved the coil wire too far because we're holding it in the same spot and its sometime sparks sometimes doesn't.

and will try that and let you know what happens.

Comment

If it’s been sitting in a shop or somewhere I would check the wiring for mice damage to the wiring. I’ve had that happen on my other project. Also like aventari said check and make sure your getting spark. Tackle that and get it fixed then focus on the fuel and injector situation

Comment

Originally posted by FragginDale View Post
                          If it’s been sitting in a shop or somewhere I would check the wiring for mice damage to the wiring. I’ve had that happen on my other project. Also like aventari said check and make sure your getting spark. Tackle that and get it fixed then focus on the fuel and injector situation
                          Ok, appreciate that.
                          We actually did find some cut up wires, car started up and a friend of ours said the catalytic converter was no good anymore,
                          this cars been sitting way too long. really pumped to get it running.

Comment

Any updates on how it’s running?

Comment

Originally posted by FragginDale View Post
                              Any updates on how it’s running?

No, unfortunately i havent had much time to put some work on it recently, i apologize.

Comment

Working...
                              X