Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Loud noise??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud noise??

My car makes a really awkward noise when I have the a.c. On. It wasn't doin this before. Like a yeek yeek yeeek noise. Any suggestions on what I could do? I mean I understand that the car uses more power with the ac on and shakes more but it didn't sound like this before
    BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

With the engine idling and the transmission not in gear, pop the hood and try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Take a picture of the suspect items and post back up.

My guess: your condenser is making the noise.

Comment

sounds like you need a belt or the tension adjusted.

Comment

Or you have a failing a/c compressor or compressor clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
          With the engine idling and the transmission not in gear, pop the hood and try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Take a picture of the suspect items and post back up.
          Alright il do that after work. So put it in neutral then?

My guess: your condenser is making the noise.
          Does this mean I need a new one?

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          sounds like you need a belt or the tension adjusted.
          I had to install a tensioner pulley on a ford explorer. But that's not the same noise I'm getting

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Or you have a failing a/c compressor or compressor clutch.
          my ac still works tho
          BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

And it will work up until the point it fails.

Comment

Alright guys thanx for the advice
              BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
                Alright guys thanx for the advice
                youre welcome, good thing we dont use those lame tension pulley idler wheels on accessory belts

Comment

So is there a way to fix the condenser or would I have to replace it?
                  BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
                    So is there a way to fix the condenser or would I have to replace it?
                    If the condenser is leaking it will need to be replaced. Its in front of the radiator. You will need to take all the old refrigerant out, replace condenser, vacuum down the A/C system then add new refrigerant.

Comment

If his condensor is leaking I doubt his A/C would be working correctly. OP states his A/C blows cold. With a freon leak in the condensor it would lose pressure, the A/C pump would stop pumping due to the pressure sensor sensing low pressure, and his A/C would blow warm air.

I have serious doubts it is his condensor.

Also your repair is incorrect, if you condensor fails you have to replace it as well as the filter/drier and immediately you have to vacuum the system to remove ambient air with moisture. Then your system must hold a vacuum for a few hours to over night and then re-charge on top of the vacuum using a correct A/C manifold.
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 06-28-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

He asked about fixing the condenser. Its best to replace it than fix it if there is a problem with the condenser. I directly answered his question.

I forgot to add the drier/accumulator. But your repair is not complete either. You forgot about properly removing the current refrigerant. Not doing so can get someone hit with large fines.
                        Last edited by SleepingGiant; 06-29-2013, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                          -------------------------My guess: your condenser is making the noise.
                          How can a condenser make noise during A/C operation?
                          A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingGiant View Post
                            He asked about fixing the condenser. Its best to replace it than fix it if there is a problem with the condenser. I directly answered his question.

I forgot to add the drier/accumulator. But your repair is not complete either. You forgot about properly removing the current refrigerant. Not doing so can get someone hit with large fines.
                            If he has a leak there is no refrigerant to evacuate. Also anyone working on a pressurized system should know you need the pressure evacuated prior to opening and repairing a pressurized system. You might have answered his question but it isn't where the noise is coming from. You are leading him in the wrong direction and could cost the OP serious $$ and not fix his problem that he created this thread for. You also didn't tell him to properly remove the refrigerant. I believe you told him to just simply "take all the old refrigerant out".

OP disregard discussion of your accumulator, that isn't the source of your noise.

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                              How can a condenser make noise during A/C operation?
                              Whoops! I meant compressor. Specifically, I was thinking a bearing somewhere in the drive system of the compressor; either in the clutch or more likely in the compressor.

Apologies for the slip, OP! wildBill82 and oyajicool have got your back.

Comment

Working...
                              X