Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

PT3/PT6 Tuning Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The parts for to assemble IAB kits have arrived, I have been busy working on the website; There were browser compatibility issues, and other wierd things wrong with the original template because it was originally created in a WSIWYG editor. I have redone a new template by hand from scratch, and have been validating it through http://validator.w3.org/, now I am done, and theres only 1 error on every page due to an iframe put there by the host.

I have tested my website to be working properly with the following browsers:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
    Mozilla Firefox 9
    Apple Safari 3.2.3
    Google Chrome 16
    Android 2.3.4

Here's a picture of the IAB components btw:
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

you can take me off the list, i just don't have time for this.
      between 2 cars and a project track car, when I do get time
      I am one busy character. sorry, just the way life is.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
        you can take me off the list, i just don't have time for this.
        between 2 cars and a project track car, when I do get time
        I am one busy character. sorry, just the way life is.
        Its totally understandable, life gets hectic at times, I have lately been dealing with a pregnant wife; I appreciate your support, and I look forward to seeing your other projects come to fruition! Take care my friend

Comment

I think it is really great that someone is finally doing something for our ecu. I did a swap awhile back and now I run the p13. Any chance that your research will expand to the p13 in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by AnewOasis View Post
            I think it is really great that someone is finally doing something for our ecu. I did a swap awhile back and now I run the p13. Any chance that your research will expand to the p13 in the future?
            I do plan on bridging over to the p13 codebase eventually, I just want to see what I can get done for the pt3/pt6 ecu's as they are more readily available then the p13 (and other ecu's that use the same board); also both ecu's share the same microprocessor if that makes any difference.

Comment

When the site was down I think I remember you asking if anyone had a few physical ECUs.

Did you ever acquire a P12?
              Is its codebase closer to the PT3/PT6 or the P13/P14 that it's more numerically familiar with?
              If it's closer to the latter, does that mean that it has a newer processor in it?
              Can IABs be added with the same hardware to that?

I have an F22A6 with the factory PT6 so I don't have plans to change to a P12, but I just thought it would be neat information to have.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                When the site was down I think I remember you asking if anyone had a few physical ECUs.

Did you ever acquire a P12?
                Is its codebase closer to the PT3/PT6 or the P13/P14 that it's more numerically familiar with?
                If it's closer to the latter, does that mean that it has a newer processor in it?
                Can IABs be added with the same hardware to that?

I have an F22A6 with the factory PT6 so I don't have plans to change to a P12, but I just thought it would be neat information to have.
                The p12 uses the same board layout / similiar code to that of the p13, so yes it should be possible to add iab's, vtec etc to the p12, since the p13 has all of that. You would just add the hardware you want/need to the p12, burn the p13 code onto a "chip", and I believe you should be able to go. This is hypothetical though until tested.

Comment

Well if you ever wanted a guinea pig to test that particular family of boards out on as far as adding components was concerned, I'm down. I know you'd like to master the PT3/PT6 first, but you seem to be past the adding component stage there and I don't have a wideband or EGT reader to help you with your current goals. I still will wait by anxiously to hear what developments are made on the PT3/PT6 though.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Have you or anyone else that you might know of ever tried swapping out the M66*** micro controller?

I know it seems like a lot of work, however I have quite a few fried Civic/integra ECUs here with perfectly good working M66207 micro controllers. The circuits all seem pretty much the same between the P13, PT3, P0A and the P06 & P28 ECUs.

Might give it a try and see what happens.

I'm not a code guy, I'm more of a hardware type guy. Wish I knew more about the coding on these things so I could help out. Good luck with getting the code all worked out.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

First let me say this is awesome! So much time and effort put into it its amazing. I will more than likely be able to test things out once i get my wideband which will hopefully be soon. Anyway im wondering if the iab function can be added to the p12? I don't know too much about the ecu but i would think since the p12 and pt3 both control an f22a1 that it may work. If you do not know i could give it a try haha. Heck for 2.50 id give anything a try lol. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                        Have you or anyone else that you might know of ever tried swapping out the M66*** micro controller?

I know it seems like a lot of work, however I have quite a few fried Civic/integra ECUs here with perfectly good working M66207 micro controllers. The circuits all seem pretty much the same between the P13, PT3, P0A and the P06 & P28 ECUs.

Might give it a try and see what happens.

I'm not a code guy, I'm more of a hardware type guy. Wish I knew more about the coding on these things so I could help out. Good luck with getting the code all worked out.
                        I already thought about the idea of replacing the cpu with one from civic/integra ecu's, but I don't think that would make any difference even if they were switched. By looking at the different 66k ecu's that OKI made, I really think the only difference between the cpu's are just their configuration, like speed, built in memory size, etc.

I have run the 66k disassembler on the pt3/pt6 rom dumps, and I don't see any real issues other then it interpretting map data as code, (I am by no means an expert at assembly language at all) which throws a bunch of false calls in the output. If the known maps were removed from the rom, and a disassembler dump again, it would most likely clean up the output significantly. From what I can tell pretty much the last 1/4 of the file is nothing but different maps, and theres a couple others that were squeezed in elsewhere in the file that I haven't isolated yet. (Following SCAL commands/calls in the disassembler dumps shows repeated calls to several memory ranges I have not mapped yet [during initial looking through the dump]), I believe I also found out the secret to locate the checksum routine... now I just gotta figure out how to bypass it. I will probably start taking a look at the p13 codebase, and how the checksum skip routine works, and impliment it into these ecu's too.

The p13 rom was tested on a pt3/pt6 already, and it causes instant CEL and batch firing of the injectors.

Originally posted by hondakid1996 View Post
                        First let me say this is awesome! So much time and effort put into it its amazing. I will more than likely be able to test things out once i get my wideband which will hopefully be soon. Anyway im wondering if the iab function can be added to the p12? I don't know too much about the ecu but i would think since the p12 and pt3 both control an f22a1 that it may work. If you do not know i could give it a try haha. Heck for 2.50 id give anything a try lol. Thanks!
                        The p13 and p12 both share the same board layout, so all you would really have to do on the hardware side of things, would be to find out what components on a p13 control the iab's (eg the hardware differences), and add the appropriate components. The components to add iab's to the pt3/pt6 is most likely different then what the p12/p13/etc family of ecu's uses.

When development is started for that family of ecu's, I plan to aquire the components to modify them, a one stop shop for these ecu's too, and will offer them at a fair price. Plus you will be hard pressed to find a better deal on shipping.

Software side would be another story, as you would probably start by using a rom base like the p13, or other ecu from the same board family that can control the iabs; you would then copy over the maps from the p12 as a base, but you would still need to have it tuned for when the iabs are open. This is the same issue you would run into trying to run iab's with an a1/a4 camshaft on a pt6.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 02-04-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I managed to track down a copy of Doc's OKI 66207 Disassembler, and I have run it on each rom .bin I have aquired. The disassembler dumps for the various ecu's have been uploaded to the wiki.
                          Here is the list of roms that now have been processed through a disassembler.

PT3-A00 USDM Federal
                          PT3-A04 USDM Federal
                          PT3-A52 USDM Federal
                          PT3-A54 USDM Federal
                          PT3-A55 USDM Federal
                          PT3-J50 Japan
                          PT3-Q50 Australian

PT6-A11 USDM Federal
                          PT6-A52 USDM Federal
                          PT6-J50 Japan
                          PT6-Q50 Australian

If you want to take a look at the disassembler dumps, don't forget to download okiedit first, as it will color code the output to make it easier.
                          Last edited by cloudasc; 02-09-2012, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Spent a little bit of time working on the software. I believe I found the spark advance / ignition map formula, so I added some extra code to the map view/switcher code to add an extra "view" when looking at 8bit data, in the same way you can switch between integer/hex/percentage views. I even added the extra code to color coder subroutine, and this is a sample of what I get.

Let me know what you think, and whether you think the formula is correct for the all the tuners out there. BTW the formula is "(x / 4) - 6" in the photo above, where x is the stored value (0-255).

Now I need to spend some time integrating my license file reader routine, and setting up an activation method, then I can release the software in its current state to my contacts with Engine Simulators to give it a try, and hopefully expose more information about the scales used, etc. Current methods of doing this is very time consuming as you have to manual adjust the checksum with every modification, which is something my software has the capability to do.

Oh and if you look in the top right corner of the window, where it says BIG ENDIAN, thats the endian mode switch button at the moment for viewing 16-bit values, I don't have a specific use for it at the moment, but it could be very useful when it comes to other values / rom discovery.

Comment

Been really busy taking care of the pregnant wife, and I haven't had much time to spend working on the software, but I managed to squeeze a few hours of coding / testing in this morning.

The biggest thing holding the project back for me, is developing the anti-piracy / copy protection / license portion of the software. I believe I've finally found a workable solution to my dilemna; I'm going to be using a primarily hardware based "fingerprint" system. This means that if certain things with the configuration of your computer changes, the purchased features of the software will deactivate, and to use them again you will be required to purchase another license. This means that if your Hard Drive crashes, or you format/re-install windows, the premium features will cease to work.

When licenses are sold, they will be for ONE INSTALLATION ONLY! This will not affect the ability to update the software to latest version when released.

On another note, has anyone happened to take a look at the sample ignition formula map in my previous post? Does the converted values for it look right?

Any input/help is always appreciated!
                              Last edited by cloudasc; 03-21-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I am very interested in this but being unable or willing to tune my own engine ( I can't take the risk of killing my engine trying to make it faster) but is there anyone that is dyno tuning your software or is it just if you can tune this is a great looking kit for them?

Comment

Working...
                                X