No announcement yet.

Vintage/Classic/Muscle car thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, this past week was an interesting one for me to say the least; i managed to find both a Plymouth Satellite AND a 68 Barracuda locally that are on my price range. I contacted both sellers and after 1 question the Satellite owner stopped responding but i did however get a chance to go check out the Cuda; guy has the 340 engine and 727 for it BUT the car has weight reduction on the roof in the form of major rust holes. He is very eager to unload it so i decided to come home and check replacement parts before dropping money; i am saddened that there seems to not be replacement roofs for these fastbacks. Aside from the roof the car does have the usual rust on hood, fenders and possibly floorpans which can all be found fairly cheap; interior seems to be there more or less but how do you go past a non replaceable roof that seems to have a pound of bondo around the rust? Pictures of satellite showed rust too but was a complete car with floor shifter and there is a plethora of replacement sheet metal for those cars.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      So, this past week was an interesting one for me to say the least; i managed to find both a Plymouth Satellite AND a 68 Barracuda locally that are on my price range. I contacted both sellers and after 1 question the Satellite owner stopped responding but i did however get a chance to go check out the Cuda; guy has the 340 engine and 727 for it BUT the car has weight reduction on the roof in the form of major rust holes. He is very eager to unload it so i decided to come home and check replacement parts before dropping money; i am saddened that there seems to not be replacement roofs for these fastbacks. Aside from the roof the car does have the usual rust on hood, fenders and possibly floorpans which can all be found fairly cheap; interior seems to be there more or less but how do you go past a non replaceable roof that seems to have a pound of bondo around the rust? Pictures of satellite showed rust too but was a complete car with floor shifter and there is a plethora of replacement sheet metal for those cars.
      Contact some yards in the southwest and get quotes to have a roof cut off and shipped to you.

Comment

Thanks for that idea AccordWarrior as it hadnt occurred to me to do that(i actually mean it), over the last days though i decided to not take on the project as it is beyond my capabilities and not willing to have a rusty car sitting until i can find the parts i need to fix it. Found another 2 cars that were tempting and a hell of alot less time,money and work to restore but declined to even check them out. I think i am at some sort of mid life crisis at 32
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I have a good friend who owns a 1975 Impala coupe that hes used for movies that were shot locally (I think the most recent being Black Mass).
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
          X