Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know who the guy is using CB7tuner as his Instagram name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Facebook? I stopped trying to figure out who runs all the impostor groups. When I can afford the time and money to do so, I'll take care of them properly... maybe.

Comment

Mike, you should make the new group private until it's ready, I already found it haha.

I'll PM you about the other groups.
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Shit's crazy.

Might pay to do some reading on intellectual property and Facebook. Seem a bit confusing to me but I'm sure someone more business savvy could figure out what are the exact rights of Facebook users and such. Where is the line or is there even a line at all between using the term "Big Mac" on Facebook and creating a page like "Big Mac Lovers? I don't know, but I'm sure it's out there and someone knows. It's grounds for questions so I'm sure there are answers.
        Last edited by H311RA151N; 03-22-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
          Mike, you should make the new group private until it's ready, I already found it haha.

I'll PM you about the other groups.
          I don't mind if it gets some attention. It just won't be accepting any members until we've got everything ready! I don't want it to be too big of a secret, or it'll just be the same guys that regularly talk here in OT (minus the few smart fellows that refuse to use Facebook!)

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Shit's crazy.

Might pay to do some reading on intellectual property and Facebook. Seem a bit confusing to me but I'm sure someone more business savvy could figure out what are the exact rights of Facebook users and such. Where is the line or is there even a line at all between using the term "Big Mac" on Facebook and creating a page like "Big Mac Lovers? I don't know, but I'm sure it's out there and someone knows. It's grounds for questions so I'm sure there are answers.
            Oh, I've done it... I know that without official (expensive) documentation, I have a better chance of pooping out a new NSX than I do getting Facebook to pay attention. I'm protected to some extent based on precedent, where I can clearly show extended ownership of a very specific "company", and the terminology that goes with it. Using that, I COULD pursue legal action against anyone using the CB7tuner name (as it is... likely not "cb7_tuner, cb7 tuners, etc... "cb7tuner" is mine.) Without official documentation, though, my only recourse at the moment is to bypass Facebook altogether. Smart on their part.

I have a pretty decent understanding of business law. Nearly went to law school, and aced every law class I ever took. Currently working on an MBA.
            You'd think I'd have been smart enough to pay for proper documentation before I became a broke college student again, though... (knowledge and action are mutually exclusive!)

Comment

Working...
            X