How to distinguish the different kseries motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to distinguish the different kseries motors

I'm looking for a k series motor to swap out of my sister. The only thing is I don't want to swap my si civic motor out for a slower one.

Now I've heard and seen on the internet that you can swap out the motor for a tsx jdm motor which has more torque but here's the thing.

The k24 engines vary in hp and they really don't show nothing on the blocks except k24 how can I distinguish each one from the one that I actually need?

The engine ID stamp should be on the right side, near the starter. Wikipedia has good details on the output of each engine.

Comment

Also, for a K24A2-spec K24A, "RBB" will be stamped on the head near the exhaust ports.
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-07-2017, 02:02 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Okay so all I have to look for is the rbb on the exhaust manifold?

Comment

I've been doing some digging and a old school pal of mine told me aside from the rbb stamped near the exhaust ports that there is no egr by the waterneck and if it says raa that that's out of an accord and don't buy it.

Comment

yea k24 with egr = trash. you want an RBB k24a2 from 04-08 tsx. they revised it in 2006 and had hotter cams/pistons etc. thats the one you want but the other will work too.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              yea k24 with egr = trash. you want an RBB k24a2 from 04-08 tsx. they revised it in 2006 and had hotter cams/pistons etc. thats the one you want but the other will work too.
              revised it how? in what way? let me get some details.

Comment

They used a more aggressive cam with larger exhaust (i think), basically just a more aggressive head on the engine which resulted in more ccm flow. There were ECU changes too with VTEC engagment, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine#K24

2004–2005 Acura TSX
                10.5:1
                200 hp; 150 kW @ 6800 RPM
                166 lb·ft (225 N·m) @ 4500 RPM

2006–2008 Acura TSX[3]
                10.5:1
                205 hp (153 kW) @ 7000 RPM
                170.5 lb·ft (231 N·m) @ 4500 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                  Okay so all I have to look for is the rbb on the exhaust manifold?
                  On the head, near the manifold.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I still say the easiest way is to pop the valve cover off and look at the rocker assembly. My TSX block is stamped RAA on the side but has K24a2 in the front. Has oil squirters so I was able to confirm but rocker assembly is a definite way to tell.

IMO, you're not gonna notice too much of a difference going from a K20z3 to K24a2 in stock form.

Comment

look for RBB. thats the good shit.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                      X