Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a4 to f22b1 vtec swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just pulled my b1 out and sold it cause i got a good deal on a turbo for an f22a, but anyway i loved mine but imo take the head off and mill the shxx out of it to raise the compression. thats what i did and it made a big diffrence, you can ask heylookitsdylan i sold it to him. one diffrence with mine was i ran a stock f22a4 ecu with a vafc. my buddy had a wideband o2 setup and let me use it for tunning.but thats just what i did. i ran 15.7 at 88mph all motor with that setup with ihe. i beat a couple of less modded h22's with shitty drivers but it was a win none the less.
    some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
    some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
    some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
    f1 fan

Comment

Originally posted by sleepycb7
      i just pulled my b1 out and sold it cause i got a good deal on a turbo for an f22a, but anyway i loved mine but imo take the head off and mill the shxx out of it to raise the compression. thats what i did and it made a big diffrence, you can ask heylookitsdylan i sold it to him. one diffrence with mine was i ran a stock f22a4 ecu with a vafc. my buddy had a wideband o2 setup and let me use it for tunning.but thats just what i did. i ran 15.7 at 88mph all motor with that setup with ihe. i beat a couple of less modded h22's with shitty drivers but it was a win none the less.

so which one do you like better f22a or f22b

Comment

roots buy the f22b1 they are easy to find in any state they are easy to boosted with big gains with good tuning bet you can find one in your area in like an hour for cheap shit there practically giving them away
        fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
          roots buy the f22b1 they are easy to find in any state they are easy to boosted with big gains with good tuning bet you can find one in your area in like an hour for cheap shit there practically giving them away

okay I am getting it on saturday but I have to use the f22a ecu for now.
          I got a tip that I can use a tach with a shift light to activate the vtec but I am not sure on how to wire it up.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalRoots
            I got a tip that I can use a tach with a shift light to activate the vtec but I am not sure on how to wire it up.
            yes i was the one that told you that, i am still doing that way right nowmy self while im waiting for the ecu the be shipped, hook a wire to the green/ yellow vtec wire on the solenoid tothe wire with a tracer going to the light on the tach, do you know what a tracer is
            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Comment

that us a negatory. the ECU controls the vtec engagement and if your ecu is non vtec.. your car will be non vtec untill you run a different ecu.

IMO you need to learn a lot more about what you're doing before you jump into this project, or you will end up towing it to a shop and they will loler at you. your a4 is almost as good of an engine.

PS. fuck vtec it's over rated. my next car will be vtec delete
              (comming from an h22 swapped cb7)

Comment

There is no advantage to the F22B1 that does not exist for the F22AX.

They respond equally well to boost (larger ports and runners) and since it is already in the car, he doesn't have to swap it.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  There is no advantage to the F22B1 that does not exist for the F22AX.

They respond equally well to boost (larger ports and runners) and since it is already in the car, he doesn't have to swap it.
                  ok that your opinion dosnt mean everyone here has to be like you i happen to love the motor i have had the a1 a4 and a6 and the b2 really ant much more then a extra cam

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by EuroSpec
                    that us a negatory. the ECU controls the vtec engagement and if your ecu is non vtec.. your car will be non vtec untill you run a different ecu.

IMO you need to learn a lot more about what you're doing before you jump into this project, or you will end up towing it to a shop and they will loler at you. your a4 is almost as good of an engine.

PS. fuck vtec it's over rated. my next car will be vtec delete
                    (comming from an h22 swapped cb7)
                    he knows that the ecu controls the engagement but it can be done with the shift light as well and it adjustable lol

R.I.P.

Comment

ok that your opinion dosnt mean everyone here has to be like you i happen to love the motor i have had the a1 a4 and a6 and the b2 really ant much more then a extra cam
                      I am going to give you a hint. Stop being confrontational.

I could care less if he wants to swap a 70HP D15 in there.

I am also not saying that he has to be like me.

He is obviously looking for guidance, and I am giving it to him.

Don't be all butt hurt because everyone else in thread pretty much disagrees with you.

I don't think it is worth the effort to swap the engine for an extra 5 HP and 5lb/ft of torque, when he can take A6 stuff, and an H series plenum and TB, and get equal results and extra rev range.

Sorry, I have dealt with them all too.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                        I am going to give you a hint. Stop being confrontational.

I could care less if he wants to swap a 70HP D15 in there.

I am also not saying that he has to be like me.

He is obviously looking for guidance, and I am giving it to him.

Don't be all butt hurt because everyone else in thread pretty much disagrees with you.

I don't think it is worth the effort to swap the engine for an extra 5 HP and 5lb/ft of torque, when he can take A6 stuff, and an H series plenum and TB, and get equal results and extra rev range.

Sorry, I have dealt with them all too.
                        wasnt be confrontational
                        what he swap is his choice
                        and who he want to be like it up to him
                        i am giving guidance as well
                        and i can careless if the whole world disagrees with me im just saying that the motor is good and a little better perormance and i do mean a little and just as buildable

R.I.P.

Comment

so which one do you like better f22a or f22b
                          the f22a is a verry good motor imo, so is the f22b. i got a good deal on my b1,(free99) and i wanted to do somthing diffrent, thats another reason i did my b1 swap. before i shaved the head mod for mod i was about the same as an f22a, i pulled alittle harder in the midrange and on the top end but it was not enough to really talk about. as for the ecu question i ran a poa and took it back out in less than 10 min. it sucked!!!!. i got better midrange and a hell of alot more top end with the stock ecu and a vafc. the parts and options like intake manifolds and such for the f22a are more common, but they are there for the b1.my best advice to you is listen to everyone and filter out the bullshit. there are quite a few people on here that have the b1 swap, some like them some dont. its an easy swap and cheap. its good to be diffrent and try alot of things. i say fuck it do the swap, mill the head, get a vafc and have fun. if you dont like it boost it,juce it or do another swap, just as long as you have fun, thats why we all spend the time and money anyways right
                          some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
                          some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
                          some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
                          f1 fan

Comment

wasnt be confrontational
                            what he swap is his choice
                            and who he want to be like it up to him
                            i am giving guidance as well
                            and i can careless if the whole world disagrees with me im just saying that the motor is good and a little better perormance and i do mean a little and just as buildable
                            Almost every post in this thread has been short or confrontational. Keep in mind that people can't hear your tone, so they have to infer it.

If you don't want to seem like an ass, you have to be careful what you type.

And yes it is good guidance.

But the effort of a swap isn't worth 5HP IMO.

It is too easy to get that out of the F22A that is already sitting in the car.

Comment

I hear what everybody is saying but I am doing this swap just to try something new and be able to compare things. I am going to try and use the tach with the shift lift until I get the poa chipped ecu and see how that works. as for mill the heads I will try it also never done before and what is a pafc?
                              how does milling the heads works?

Comment

yes i was the one that told you that, i am still doing that way right nowmy self while im waiting for the ecu the be shipped, hook a wire to the green/ yellow vtec wire on the solenoid tothe wire with a tracer going to the light on the tach, do you know what a tracer is
                                nah not really I am still in the learning stage lol
                                can you tell me exactly how to do it? I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X