Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

NEED HELP CB7 Clutch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP CB7 Clutch problem

ok my girlfriend was driving her car one night parked it next morning got in to go to work and clutch pedal sucked to the floor so i replaced the master cylinder bled it still nothing tonight i replaced the slave cylinder bled it nothing happened to the pedal its either down on the floor or all the way up im at a loss i cant figure it out idk if this is an accord thing or what but everyone says it was the clutch master cylinder and when i replaced it and bled it nothing changed i think something broke off from the pedal but i dont know what can anyone help please and thank you need this fixed asap so if you have any advice text me at 9139992154 thank you any help is greatly appreciated

I would double check everything you replaced make sure you didn't forget anything. Check the pedal assembly, look at the bushings, return spring. and Check for proper operation.

First car.

Comment

I would not have said clutch master cylinder in the first place. A faulty slave cylinder is what causes the pedal to suck down to the floor, generally.

Maybe the one you got to replace the existing one was defective.

or:

If the clutch fluid level is staying steady and you've bled the air from the hydraulic lines, then make sure the clutch pedal is correctly attached to the clutch master cylinder pushrod, which is what keeps the pedal up in the air normally.

If the clutch fluid level is not staying steady, you have a leak. given that you've replaced both master and slave cylinders, check the clutch hydraulic lines for any pinhole leaks and check all the areas where the hydraulic lines mate into anything as well.

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
        I would not have said clutch master cylinder in the first place. A faulty slave cylinder is what causes the pedal to suck down to the floor, generally.

Maybe the one you got to replace the existing one was defective.

or:

If the clutch fluid level is staying steady and you've bled the air from the hydraulic lines, then make sure the clutch pedal is correctly attached to the clutch master cylinder push rod, which is what keeps the pedal up in the air normally.

If the clutch fluid level is not staying steady, you have a leak. given that you've replaced both master and slave cylinders, check the clutch hydraulic lines for any pinhole leaks and check all the areas where the hydraulic lines mate into anything as well.

good luck.
        When im bleeding it good fluid is coming out of the slave

Comment

Have you checked the clutch sometimes the spring falls off and clutch becomes free.

First car.

Comment

I just recently replaced both cylinders in my cb and still had the issue of my clutch losing fluid after about 3 days. After countless rebleeds I came to the conclusion that the master cylinder had a small crack under the under side of the top mounted nipple. sounds like you either have a similar issue, or you may not be bench bleeding properly. If it's not bleed properly it will never operate correctly. Are you losing fluid anywhere I started losing some in the cabin, from the seal on the clutch piston on a previous cb.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

i would either have some one with more knoledge tackle it and see what they think or if you have the means and time double check everything againa nd again.. i had the same problem with mine till i got a new trans and it was something in the trans loosing pressure or something...

Comment

You may have either a problem with the clutch pedal assembly or with the clutch release fork that the slave cylinder presses against. If there is something wrong with the clutch release fork or release bearing conceivably the pedal could drop to the floor (i think...i've never had to deal with such a problem) If I have time I will post some diagrams of each, but I can't right now. Ok here's the pedal:

Last edited by batever; 06-10-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

release fork and more:

Comment

thanks for the diagrams and i just went and replaced the master cylinder thinking owrongly gave me a bad one rebled it and still nothing which makes me think its in the clutch pedal or something else but thanks for the diagrams i wish someone had this problem before lol and fixed it

Comment

You should look at the slave cylinder as well, they go bad just as much as the master.

Comment

You should always replace both master and slave at the same time. When one fails, the other is usually not far behind.
                        When the master goes bad, it usually leaks fluid inside the car.

The clutch pedal is nothing more than a lever. The master cylinder piston has some adjustability, but that is the only thing that could be a problem down there. Your problem is with the hydraulics.

I've replaced both my master and slave cylinders (twice), and I am unable to get more than 1/2 pedal pressure. I did not bench-bleed either cylinder, and I assume this is where my problem lies. Most likely, the same goes for you.

Comment

^^^ yup. I was reading somewhere that a guy was suggesting you push in the slave cylinder while you are expelling the fluid while bleeding. I thought this sounded stupid until I did it. Before my clutch would shift at a really low point, now after doing that, now it's at the right height and has a better feel to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X