F22Chris Drift Trike Build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22Chris Drift Trike Build!

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and now that I finally have the means to do it - I'm gonna!

I just happened to have a few tubes of 3/4" tube laying around so I busted out the HF pipe bender/tube kinker. Having no way to measure angle degrees, I counted the pumps on the bottle jack until I got a decent angle. It's ghetto but came out well. I got a school desk chair for a seat that I'll make a bracket for once it's all mocked up. I'm excited!

I don't have a bmx bike to take the fork and bearing carry thing off yet so I didn't bend the ends.

I have to order like, the entire drive assembly and pvc. I have a 5hp Briggs, and a 5hp Honda with a missing pull string. If I can't get those to work, I'm getting a 212 predator and making it fast.

Here's what I have so far:

Turns out my Honda engine is a 6.5hp GX200. I'm gonna get a pull cover/string, new coil, plug, and rebuild the carb. Parts for these are stupid cheap!

Comment

This should be interesting. We now have two drift karts being built on this site. Hope they both get completed. Good luck and looking forward to the progress.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I'm not actually building a drift trike anymore. With the weight of everything, it just wasn't feasible. It looks like you are off to a great start, best of luck with the rest of the build!

Comment

Redoing the frame with square tubing. This rounded tube is too thin to be safe.

Comment

This took a different direction.

Comment

Hmmm. This is going to be very interesting.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Just waiting on mail at this point. Frame is welded, and 40” axle kit is sitting in my living room.

Throttle/grips, neck bearings, cables, seat, intake and exhaust in the mail.

Comment

Working...
                X