• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infamouscb9 : 1991 Accord EX-R

1991 Honda Accord Wagon (CB9) EX-R
    5 Speed, Sunroof, PW, PL, PM
    Currently 399,xxx KM!!! and counting daily

so my friend bought this car, and it suddenly stopped running on him. he sold it to me for $200, not running. well after 18 months with it, i've made a couple of improvements.....i've put 37k km's on it since buying it, and it's been nothing but awesome! i love it!

most recent pic:

Cb9 by Michael Schlosser, on Flickr

Untitled by Michael Schlosser, on Flickr

CB9 by Michael Schlosser, on Flickrhahaha

i found the pic from the day i bought it!

Mechanically:
    -replaced timing belt/water pump
    -replaced serpentine belt
    -plugs, wires, cap
    -replaced front brake system (pads, rotors, and calipers) *cross drilled and slotted rotors for the front this weekend*
    -replaced rear drums
    -new battery terminals
    -new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder
    -new turn signal switch
    -new d/s window regulator
    -alignment
    -oil flush, tranny flush, coolant flush
    -recharged ac
    -new door lock control module
    -New Upper Rad Hose
    -New Ignition Switch
    -New oem sedan exhaust installed (with new exhaust cut out lol)
    -New o2 sensor
    -new cv axles (both sides)
    -new clutch
    -new flywheel
    -new rear main seal

Modifications
    -10k HID kit
    -35%front tint, 20%rear tint
    -tinted taillights
    -aftermarket deck
    -custom steering wheel
    -custom shift knob
    -painted calipers/rotors (black)
    -undercoated
    -17 inch katana ninja nj-10 with no name 205/45r17 tires
    -custom stickers for rear window
    -custom shift boot (with help from my gf's mom )
    -alpine front speakers, ultimate 4' roof speakers, infinity 6x9 in the back
    -SRI (thanks mike!)
    -Legend lip (thanks mike )
    -custom f22a6 header
    -tein s-tech springs with stock struts
    -re-badged rear with "accord inspire" emblem
    -custom e-brake boot with e-brake handle
    -custom accord license plate frame
    -blacked out stock grille

Future Mods

-replace sunroof (cracked)

I have every record since new, including my buddy who only owned it for 2 months it is a 3 owner car. The original price for this vehicle was $23,634, which is shown on the original bill of sale which I have. I don't plan on taking the modifications too far, the body is in such rough shape that I plan on driving this until it completely falls apart. But the motor is still running strong (besides an exhaust leak) and will easily do 200 km/h (124mph) without a problem. I love my honda!

after my hid's but before my rims

prior to steering wheel

just after i broke 320,000km!

blacked out my front grill

jdm badge

most recent odo pic!

new flywheel

old flywheel lol

new rear main seal

new clutch

i've got so much more planned and parts are starting to accumulate nicely (thanks again mike lol)

oh, and a side note, my gf needed a car so we bought her a 91 exr sedan auto in green and parts are starting to pile up for that as well lol.....
    Last edited by infamouscb9; 08-01-2018, 03:05 PM. Reason: updated km's!

Looking good!

5-speed wagons, FTW!
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I wish it was easy to find a 5 speed wagon or I would get one. Nice start bud
      MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

well, time to start updating this......

so i sold the car to a good friend of mine who took it to the next level....h22, unobtainium full exhaust, 5 lug swap, rear disc swap, fixed the rust and repainted it, half completed black interior swap, so much! but then he realized he had 4 hondas and 1 spot to store them. so he sold it back to me. I am so excited to take it to the next level, i already have a pile of parts to make it my own once again.

already i've done the following;
        -resonator and cat for the exhaust. it was sooooooooooo loud after i had it quieted down my neighbour left me a thank you note one morning lol.....
        -power steering pump, and currently driving without power steering waiting on my high pressure power steering line to be completed.
        -another drivers side window regulator
        -added a button for the horn (nrg quick release doesn't have the contacts for horn)
        -added front mud flaps

and then here's the list of things i plan on doing
        -redo suspension (coilovers are too rough for canadian winters lol)
        -putting in foglights (have everything just need to wire it to the car)
        -getting my sideskirts from the other side of the province and installing them
        -hopefully getting some new wheels and tires for spring (if my tax return is nice lol)
        -get the heated leather interior swap completed, once again i have everything just need to get it done.....but I want to keep the split folding seats so need some custom work......

and then the pile of parts i already have sitting;
        -carbon fiber hood + hood pins
        -led headlights
        -dohc vtec stickers
        -stubby antenna
        -shift boot

if i can figure out where to post pics so they show up here i can totally whore the thread with lots of pics from throughout the build and up to today.....

Comment

Originally posted by infamouscb9 View Post
          if i can figure out where to post pics so they show up here i can totally whore the thread with lots of pics from throughout the build and up to today.....
          Welcome back! Try putting "~original" in front of the [/URL][/IMG] at the end of the picture links, all mine that I've edited this way show up again.
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-10-2018, 10:01 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

ok so March 10 update. Back near the start of Feb had a small accident, slid into a guy with a trailer hitch. Punched a hole in the bumper and support, smashed the grille and bent the hood a bit. Got a new bumper painted and put on. Ordered a new grille. Don't care too much about hood cause carbon one sitting at home. The good is it missed my ac lines, rad, and both headlights. All in all could have been worse.

Got the front seats taken apart and the leather put onto them, waiting to hear back from an upholstery shop to do the rears.

Had all front suspension redone; between tie rod ends and control arms and ball joints and more. Love the full kit off of rockauto. But they still haven't shipped me my new front brakes! Also did my front torque strut mount while I was at the shop.

Really really really really really having a hard time deciding whether or not I want new summer rims. Been looking at them in the cart for weeks now. Wishing the Canadian Dollar was a bit stronger vs the US.....but dammit I want them lol.......

I've given up on the foglights; when I had the car in the body shop the owner told me that they weren't proper for the car and wouldn't fit. So they will be up for sale soon. I have no clue and don't even care that much to be honest, and I would really like the button space in the middle of my dash to make my cruise control work better while being able to get the steering column cover completely back on lol.

New parts that showed up were some new lugs for my winter wheels, and a new grille. Waiting on steering wheel and new washer nozzles for the carbon hood. Hopefully getting some sideskirts tomorrow from a local guy. Really hoping. lol.

Been debating on pulling the tint off the tail lights and going back to stock. Having issues with my passenger side outer tail light and as soon as I can get that figured out I can put the rear of the car back together. Including my cargo cover and a bunch of the plastic parts.

I love the fact that I have a good pile of parts accumulating and can't wait for nicer weather to install said goodies!!!

Comment

I'm actually looking for some '91 fogs. I just need the lights, not the harness.
              My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
              Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
              Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Ok, so March 12 update. Lol. Things happen fast. Found side skirts on ebay, they are on their way here. Ordered my new wheels and lug nuts. haha. so stoked. hope they look as good as I hope. Trying to figure out tires now that my bank account is empty haha. Also ordered new washer nozzles for my carbon hood and some film to wrap my spark plug cover piece. Hoping this weekend to do the valve cover/brake caliper powdercoat and i'm really hoping rockauto gets off their ass and ships my front rotors and pads soon.

The foglights and harnesses will all be sold together, I will not separate them unless you have a buyer for the harnesses as well.

Comment

CB9 by Michael Schlosser, on Flickr

new steering wheel!

Comment

So i think you built a new car at this point But looks good, and not easy doing a cb7 in Canada these days.

And leave the washer nozzles out of the CF hood. Not needed Just ship that hood to me and I'll take care of it for ya.

Comment

but there are holes in the hood for the washer nozzles....what am I to do leave them empty and looking weird? Plus up here in Canada we get fucky weather lol......almost a new car haha, definitely unique in these parts. stay tuned later this week I get my new (old but new? haha my old tein springs with new kyb struts and energy bushings) suspension done, brakes and valve cover powdercoated and new front brakes and some new wheels and tires. wheels and tires may have to wait for another couple weeks until spring is here. we still have ice and snow everywhere lol.....

Comment

That’s a slick lookin wheel. Nice.
                        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

update, so I have ordered my new tires for my wheels, got my side skirts here and on, got my suspension and front brakes on but did not get to powdercoating the brakes and valve cover. I wanted to check out possibly getting my valve cover done in neo chrome but for $750USD plus shipping not a chance lol. Next week is alignment, and hoping like hell that the snow disappears for good so I can install the carbon hood and stubby antenna and stuff. Put my new grille in and i'm not overly thrilled of the fitment of it, I want to see if there is a way to make it fit better once I have more time. Hoping to do a photoshoot with it this weekend if I can find the time.

Comment

Originally posted by infamouscb9 View Post
                            but there are holes in the hood for the washer nozzles....what am I to do leave them empty and looking weird? Plus up here in Canada we get fucky weather lol......almost a new car haha, definitely unique in these parts. stay tuned later this week I get my new (old but new? haha my old tein springs with new kyb struts and energy bushings) suspension done, brakes and valve cover powdercoated and new front brakes and some new wheels and tires. wheels and tires may have to wait for another couple weeks until spring is here. we still have ice and snow everywhere lol.....
                            Ah I see. Then ya you'll need to put nozzles in. PS - I'm in NS Canada so I hear ya on the weather.

Comment

yeah the weather sucks. last two things I am waiting on to arrive are my washer nozzles and my ceramic coating for summer. can't wait to do a good polish on her and get her looking like she should for summer time. new rims have tires here, they should be mounted this week. got my alignment done yesterday and now it's wait for spring to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X