Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hondamikk View Post
    Okay, after reading the thread, I have a couple questions. More or less to clarify things I suppose. I've got an H22 on order right now and want to boost it. From what I'm reading, rebuilding, porting and polishing the head is highly, highly recommended, right? What about the bottom end? Would it be a bad thing if I didn't build it up? I can squeeze a head redo into the budget, but the whole motor is a little beyond my means.

And while I'm at it, how much of a pain in the arse is it to install a turbo setup into the cb7 engine bay when it's got the H22 in there? Isn't the H22 a bit bigger than the F22? I'm sure the answer is in one of the other threads and I'll read up on it, I'm just being a bit lazy.
    1. The head already flows extremely well in stock form... rememeber it's a Honda, you don't need to modify the head on these engines until you want to get into the 600-1000hp world

2. Building the bottom end is way more important than rebuilding the head. That being said you still CAN be in the 300-400hp range safely with a stock bottom end BUT you have to do it RIGHT. Everything must be properly sized and properly tuned.

3. Installing a turbo in the CB engine bay is a piece of cake. It is very very very easy to work with... plenty of room.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
      1. The head already flows extremely well in stock form... rememeber it's a Honda, you don't need to modify the head on these engines until you want to get into the 600-1000hp world

2. Building the bottom end is way more important than rebuilding the head. That being said you still CAN be in the 300-400hp range safely with a stock bottom end BUT you have to do it RIGHT. Everything must be properly sized and properly tuned.

3. Installing a turbo in the CB engine bay is a piece of cake. It is very very very easy to work with... plenty of room.
      By doing it right you mean not getting a huge turbo that I'd have to cut a hole in the hood for I presume? My old CB was NA and I want to go a different route with the one I have now. Unfortunately, I'm pretty uneducated in what's needed to do forced induction right. Any help or tips given will all be gratefully accepted.
      Originally posted by HardInThePaint
      Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post

This is quoted the truth. There is no real reason to build the head if you don't plan to make insane power. The stock Honda head flows extremely well. Building the block is the best way to go. Even still on a stock setup on 7lbs, your able to still achieve good power on boost safely with a good tune.

If your boosting 25lbs, I hope your making over 600hp and not 400hp. at about 15lbs depending on turbo setup, you should be around 450hp on pump gas.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
          If your boosting 25lbs, I hope your making over 600hp and not 400hp. at about 15lbs depending on turbo setup, you should be around 450hp on pump gas.
          it takes much more boost than that to make 450 unless you have a very large turbo.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
            This is quoted the truth. There is no real reason to build the head if you don't plan to make insane power. The stock Honda head flows extremely well. Building the block is the best way to go. Even still on a stock setup on 7lbs, your able to still achieve good power on boost safely with a good tune.

So what would be the recommended turbo size with a stock head and block? T3? Do most turbo setups, when purchased, come with the system (can't remember what it's called right now) to adjust the amount of boost lbs used?

And this may be a stupid question but, can a regular cold air intake still be used? Or would there need to be specifically routed tubes due to the turbo system?

Please be patient with my lame questions. I'm not planning on going for insane power but none the less want to do the setup right the first time.

Thanks again for the help.

Be one with the shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamikk View Post
              By doing it right you mean not getting a huge turbo that I'd have to cut a hole in the hood for I presume? My old CB was NA and I want to go a different route with the one I have now. Unfortunately, I'm pretty uneducated in what's needed to do forced induction right. Any help or tips given will all be gratefully accepted.
              keep reading, sounds like you still have a lot to learn.

by "doing it right" I mean not using too small of a turbo, using quality parts, and, most importantly, finding a good tuner to tune your ECU.

Comment

Ok..enough of the thread jack..bro you still have a lot to learn and the Search button can be your friend..not tryna be a dick or anything

On another note, I'm still waiting on the head to come back from Cali

Comment

Originally posted by lilpat93accord View Post
                  Ok..enough of the thread jack..bro you still have a lot to learn and the Search button can be your friend..not tryna be a dick or anything
                  Didn't realize I was being a thread jack. I have an H22, I wanna build a turbo on it. That's what the thread is about I thought. And I'm using the ol' search button as well. Gotta start somewhere to get the knowledge, right?

Be one with the shocker.

Comment

this is thread jacking due to the fact that this is about another guys turbo build up. Not a learning thread. It was made so lilpat93accord can show us the progress hes making and the pure sex of his build Pretty much to make us drool over him and his glory. Many of us just love to see the progress of peoples build and how much time, effort, money and dedication to come out with their finished product.

IT is somewhat of a learning process to see what is needed to go into a build to come out with a great finished product and for some people to see whats needed to achieve their power goals but not really the best palce to ask questions on whats required to put a kit of your own together.

Comment

And I do drool!

So where did you have your head built? You say it's in California. Is bisimoto in charge of it? I hope everything goes well with the rest of your build.
                      Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                        And I do drool!

So where did you have your head built? You say it's in California. Is bisimoto in charge of it? I hope everything goes well with the rest of your build.
                        I actually just got the head back yesterday! Both the head and block were sent out to Laskey Racing. Thanks bro, me too

Comment

Something came in today...

Comment

Nice to see another turbo build, the right way.... Nice job so far, youve bought the right parts for much success!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                              Nice to see another turbo build, the right way.... Nice job so far, youve bought the right parts for much success!
                              Thanks bro

Comment

sweetness, is Benson doing your work, this is where I am opting to do mine!

edit: nevermind question answered on page 2 with benson stamp on block!

I am excited to see what your going to put down, 400 on low boost still goal?
                                Last edited by drummersteve7; 11-24-2010, 06:43 AM.
                                MadLab Racing
                                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X