No announcement yet.

H22 SWAP: The Complete Parts List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey dont know if this had been asnwered i tried reading it but its just far too much, quick question is there any need to cut/weld or any major customizing to get engine to fit or does it just drop right in? im looking into buying a hit prelude and taking everythingout witch would be alot better than searching for parts individualy. thanx

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
      hey dont know if this had been asnwered i tried reading it but its just far too much, quick question is there any need to cut/weld or any major customizing to get engine to fit or does it just drop right in? im looking into buying a hit prelude and taking everythingout witch would be alot better than searching for parts individualy. thanx
      No, there isn't any welding/cutting involved.

3 pages is really not a lot to read, and there is a search button up towards the top. The H22A swap is the most common swap for these cars, and it has been covered in length in numerous threads.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji View Post
        No, there isn't any welding/cutting involved.

3 pages is really not a lot to read, and there is a search button up towards the top. The H22A swap is the most common swap for these cars, and it has been covered in length in numerous threads.
        ok thnx, yea thats what i meant, i covered a few threads but didnt see anyone ask the question (guessing everyone knew the answer) and when i got to this thread just got tired and screening it wasnt helping so i thought id ask.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Does the p13 ECU make the Check Engine light come on when you swap a JDM H22 in a CB?

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
            Does the p13 ECU make the Check Engine light come on when you swap a JDM H22 in a CB?
            No, as long as you have all the correct sensors installed and connected.
            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Would i be able to use the P0F Ecu to run the motor instead of the P13?

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
                Would i be able to use the P0F Ecu to run the motor instead of the P13?

The POF ecu is just the UKDM version of the P13. I don't know exact differences but i would imagine that it has something to do with maybe rev limits and some other stupid things. I doubt you would notice the difference in the two. Just make sure you wire everything up because if not then you will have the CEL and then it don't matter what happens its just running in limp mode.

Originally posted by Devergote
                A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
                  The POF ecu is just the UKDM version of the P13. I don't know exact differences but i would imagine that it has something to do with maybe rev limits and some other stupid things. I doubt you would notice the difference in the two. Just make sure you wire everything up because if not then you will have the CEL and then it don't matter what happens its just running in limp mode.
                  Thanks.

Now another question since it wasnt covered with PICTURES.

The oil pressure sensor on the CB7 harness, where does it plug into? I awas told to put a wire to the knock sensor and run it to the ecu, but my harness's plug doesnt plug into the H22's coolant sensor.

How do i go about that?

The accord would sit here:

But the cb7 harness wont fit into that part on the H22.

MRT

Comment

I guess we all know that's not a picture of an h/f series motor.
                    The oil pressure wire from the harness is yellow with a red stripe, it goes to the same place on the H as the F, below the oil filter and maybe a little to the left.
                    The knock sensor is also a one-wire sensor, though it uses one pin of a standard (coolant-sensor type) plug. If you don't have an actual knock sensor plug with one wire, just use a two pin one. Look at the knock sensor itself and see which pin you need to use. Run your knock sensor wire from the ECU to the pin on that side, the sensor grounds itself to the engine block when installed. You may or may not have to remove the other pin, I don't think it will really be in the way.

BTW: I have changed my mentality regarding the Prelude PS line. It can be kinda tricky bending the Prelude line into place on the CB, I've had inconsistent results and it ends up being one of the more difficult parts of the swap. If you bend the line a little too hard (and it's fairly tricky to make the bends with limited room), there is no unbending it, and your PS system will whine when you turn the wheel. There are hydraulic shops in the area that will do the mating of the prelude pump end to your cb line. Or just make sure your front and rear engine mounts are solid, and use the accord parts. The downside to this is that your H-series alternator wire cover will not fit properly (purely a cosmetic problem). I like to tuck that wire under the engine mount with a ziptie and behind the dipstick tube, thru the alternator mount and plug it in so it doesn't go over the valve cover. You could also just modify or toss the wire cover, or cut the section of unbolted cb ps mount out of the way since it's useless weight on the dual cam motors anyway.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                    After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                    Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                    PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Got all my info figured out and car is running great!

My power steering does whine though, lol.

Oh well.

Btw, + rep for lucid on first post.

Thanks for the write up!

MRT

Comment

didn't this used to be stickied?
                        90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Excellent write up, I can't believe I haven't seen this until now.
                          Very thorough, looks like it took a lot of forethought.

Comment

Hi guys, this is a very nice post but i have one stupid question. I have H22A running in Prelude 90year:-) now that engine is going out from her and i was thinking to put it in my baby CB3. Someone has try to make swap in prelude but vtec is not working and she is running bad and to slow. Wire side of swap is bad, and engine is from 97+year with imobilizer. So, if i swap that engine in my 92year F22A, what is my biggest problem with vtec not working? Is it the problem with wiring or with vtec solenoid? And can i keep my engine mounts and tranny? Thank you guys.
                            No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

so what do you need to do if you are converting to obd1? like a obd1 h23?

Comment

This has been said many many times before, but here it is:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=obd2+obd1
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=obd2+obd1

Comment

Working...
                                X