Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intercooler Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intercooler Dimensions

What are some common dimensions run without cutting the front bumper. I want it to fit behind the plastic and literally want everything to look stock from the outside with a little IC peeking through if you know what to look for.

Originally posted by bkmc24 View Post
    What are some common dimensions run without cutting the front bumper. I want it to fit behind the plastic and literally want everything to look stock from the outside with a little IC peeking through if you know what to look for.
    whats good man, it all depends on your bumper. i cut mine but it stll look like it did before. are you talking something kindlike this

before intercooler

after intercooler

length 28" height 7" and thickness 3"

Comment

Somewhat. I dont want to have to cut anything. I want it to fit in behind everything. Im debating using my supra SMIC as a makeshift FMIC off to the side, or buy a new one.

Comment

i highly doubt your going to fit ANY intercooler in your bumper without cutting.
        look at chessboxers setup. he hacked his bumper but you can barley tell.
        then just paint it black.

Comment

here is the best example i can give u..

stock srt4 fmic rotated..

this setup works only if u dont have a/c as the intercooler outlets are backdoor(go into the engine bay) vs out the sides of the I/C

the bumper was hacked.. but that was because it was a 91 bumper.. then the bumper was switched to a 93.. and the cross beams of the bumper were left intact.. no "hacking"

here is the same car.. with a BIG srt4 fmic.. with the 93 bumper unmolested

it was trimmed.. to clear.. but as you can see the bumper looks stock

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

neglect the fact that were working on it.. lol..

another view

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

mmm doughnuts
              wat?

Comment

Cool, well thanks for the insight. IG ill have to start looking into a size that will require minimum cutting.

Comment

I told you an srt4 intercooler is best. Well the stock fittiment if you dont want to cut little bit of th bumper and have it lookin stock.

Comment

So there's more space behind a 9293 than there is behind a 9091?

Underground.Society
                    Originally posted by Deevergote
                    If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

did some measuring...cutting the bumper later....

24.5" x 11.75" x 3"

have to cut to be effective, good luck!
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

Thanks. I am going to have to cut, and bought a fmic lol.
                        Will be test fitting and installing a lot this weekend. Almost ready for booooost

Comment

Originally posted by bkmc24 View Post
                          http://precisionturbo.net/Wc21126d5f695d.htm
                          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

When you put the IC in, what did you do with the PS cooler?

Comment

lose it. P/S is for nancies!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X