Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy fuck, it's the weekend man.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post

You can try to make the argument that my statement wasn't clear, but I can equally make the argument that the overall meaning of my total statement was actually very clear.

Isn't the definition of "fake news" these days taking something someone says out of context and then trying to present it in a way it wasn't said?
      Scott, you clearly stated the Accord gained 1 second to 60 and 1 second in the quarter without qualifying models or sources as your initial argumentative point. This isn’t me taking your statement out of context, this is literally your statement. If you said Accord automatics are one second faster, absolutely right. Manual to manual they aren't, fastest model in 2006-2008 to fastest in 2018 they aren’t either. What part of taking your statement out of context am I missing here? Had you said automatic Accord has gained those numbers, fully on board but the fact is the final manual EX V6 sedan available prior to the new style puts up numbers that are right in line with the current model.

You can fire the fake news line all you want and underline other parts of your statement but literally your opening line as stated is factually incorrect. You use that as your base statement of why the new Si hasn’t improved. Later you compare the Si to the automatic and yes that is all valid, I’m not arguing that point at all.
      Last edited by AccordWarrior; 07-08-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Ouch. Must suck having that ladder kicked from under you.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          Scott, you clearly stated the Accord gained 1 second to 60 and 1 second in the quarter without qualifying models or sources as your initial argumentative point. This isn’t me taking your statement out of context, this is literally your statement. If you said Accord automatics are one second faster, absolutely right. Manual to manual they aren't, fastest model in 2006-2008 to fastest in 2018 they aren’t either. What part of taking your statement out of context am I missing here? Had you said automatic Accord has gained those numbers, fully on board but the fact is the final manual EX V6 sedan available prior to the new style puts up numbers that are right in line with the current model.

You can fire the fake news line all you want and underline other parts of your statement but literally your opening line as stated is factually incorrect. You use that as your base statement of why the new Si hasn’t improved. Later you compare the Si to the automatic and yes that is all valid, I’m not arguing that point at all.
          Context includes more than my initial statement. I VERY specifically qualified my position in further detail in the very next paragraph, which was still part of the overall idea. The application of English language was spot on. There was nothing factually incorrect in my statement. It was a broad statement covering several things and then the things were broken out and qualified immediately after.

You missed it. Not the same thing.

And I am going to throw out the Fake News line, especially after you specifically attacked me for trying to "cram my opinion down your throat" when I literally did not such thing. Your position on it is clearly biased.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Holy fuck, it's the weekend man.
            Let's assume for a second that the entire world doesn't operate on a M-F clock...

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
              Ouch. Must suck having that ladder kicked from under you.
              Hey look! A peanut gallery.

He didn't kick anything out from under me. He failed to read my entire statement.

He missed the spot where I clarified what I was saying.

Comment

Nobody cares anymore. Here's a video about a high HP L15B7. Sounds pretty good to me, seems to run pretty well too.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

And here are some dynos.... big turbo L15 vs bolt on stock turbo L15:

And the stock FK8:

On the street a bolt on L15 seems to have a decent powerband to me. And while the L15B7 isn't a crooner it's not like the K20C is much better. Again it would have been great if the Si got a cheapo K20C but it's hardly the end of the world.

Comment

Just for thoroughness:
                    K20a with bolt-ons:

F22a6 with bolt-ons:

Stock and Tuned Focus ST:

Honestly, that bolt-on L15 doesn't look too far from the F series powerband, just way more torque and way earlier. They are both mid-range, 3-5krpm engines. After I added the Focus dyno plots, they all appear to be mid-range heavy. Of course the K20A is all top end.

I did a quick search for a stock 10th gen Si dyno plot, but my Google-Fu started sucking. Meh. It confirmed what my butt felt. Nothing at the bottom, trailed off at the top, keep the tach at 12 o'clock for max fun.

Damn that Focus can put out some power. Some of these bolt-on plus tune dyno's are crazy. Swap the turbo and 400whp is waiting at the doorstep.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      And I am going to throw out the Fake News line, especially after you specifically attacked me for trying to "cram my opinion down your throat" when I literally did not such thing. Your position on it is clearly biased.
                      That’s totally your MO here. Anytime there is a differing viewpoint to yours it’s walls of text, the need to have the last word, the condescending attitude. You’ve done it to me, to Yaw, to Deev. You have in your own signature how to ignore you. Someone disagrees you don’t let it go, it’s walls of text until the other person stops responding.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      Hey look! A peanut gallery.

He didn't kick anything out from under me. He failed to read my entire statement.

He missed the spot where I clarified what I was saying.
                      Whatever let’s you sleep at night dude.
                      Last edited by AccordWarrior; 07-09-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Sonik - that’s why I was considering the ST in the first place. The room for improvement for the cost is astronomical compared to a LOT of other options. Sure bigger turbo will mean more power, but it puts down more torque at lower RPM than a lot of the other cars, and for overtaking and daily drivability you can’t ask for more imho.

I don’t need 400hp, but the option is super nice. Honestly.. 300hp/whatever torque with daily driver reliability is what I’m after. With a turbosmart BOV, bolt ons, and a tune I might be at the goal and more on torque.(bov for sound obviously). Sure a Honda is capable of that, but I’m really hating what Honda is doing with their over the top angles on appearance. The ST has better styling, lower cost, and more aftermarket support from what I can tell.

Thank you for that dyno chart, that makes me feel better about this potential decision!

I’m also completely done with reading the opinionated argument going on here so if we can keep it on topic that would be immensely appreciated guys.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post

I’m also completely done with reading the opinionated argument going on here so if we can keep it on topic that would be immensely appreciated guys.

I’ll delete any further comments in that little spat. Nobody benefits from that.
                          Have you found the right ST yet? I think the only real risk in buying one is getting one that hasn’t been cared for. They’re like the Neon SRT4 or any turbo DSM... great cars, but finding one that some idiot kid hasn’t totally ragged on may be tough. They might not be quite cheap enough for that yet, hopefully. Just be wary of any reversed modifications. You don’t need a now-stock car that has been pushing 400hp for the last 30,000 miles.

Comment

Luckily, the ST is newer than all of those and probably just out of reach to be really ragged on.

Looking on FB Marketplace near us, there are a handful. Even a 2017 model for $18k with 34k miles.

Another 2017 with Rotiform wheels, intercooler, BOV, exhaust, etc. for $22k with 20k miles. I've mentioned before that I would never buy a modded car again, but maybe your tastes are different?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I remember when my brother was modifying his MS3, apparently nobody sells a full fuel pump for those things and instead he had to buy the internal upgrades and tear it apart to rebuild himself. I know I already mentioned that maybe but given how they are almost the same car(everything under the Mazda reads FoMoCo) I had to bring it up again. Honestly cars should be bought based on personal taste or need as not everyone has the same of the previous, I have stopped trying to give input or advise because someone always disagree and turns into a who is right contest that I do not need or care for, at 32 I am done trying to prove anyone right or wrong😉. If you want Chris I can look around here, we visit dealerships daily and MAYBE I can find something worth looking at.
                              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                                Sonik - that’s why I was considering the ST in the first place. The room for improvement for the cost is astronomical compared to a LOT of other options. Sure bigger turbo will mean more power, but it puts down more torque at lower RPM than a lot of the other cars, and for overtaking and daily drivability you can’t ask for more imho.

I don’t need 400hp, but the option is super nice. Honestly.. 300hp/whatever torque with daily driver reliability is what I’m after. With a turbosmart BOV, bolt ons, and a tune I might be at the goal and more on torque.(bov for sound obviously). Sure a Honda is capable of that, but I’m really hating what Honda is doing with their over the top angles on appearance. The ST has better styling, lower cost, and more aftermarket support from what I can tell.

Thank you for that dyno chart, that makes me feel better about this potential decision!

The torque is absurd in this car, for better or worse. You'll pass anything on the highway with almost no issue, but you'll shred your tires at any speed under 25mph.

It's a stout platform and I abuse my car on a daily basis. It has held up a hell of a lot better than either of my Acuras lol.
                                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                                X