No announcement yet.

EXT: Door Handle Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the size of that bolt holding the handle on the inside on the posts?
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

the bolt is the same one that was on the handles to begin wiht.

now what posts you talking about?

what i did was i took out the 2 bots and then pulled it out and twisted it counter clockwise so it can come off...thats how i got it out.

on the right side you have to remove the door hinge thing that locks the door.

really all i used was a deep socket 10mm...umm screw driver and thats it.

is that what you wanted to know?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah. pretty much
        <

Comment

i just can't get my ratchet in there and i have one last bolt to remove
          it's the one in the right corner on the right pass door
          guess i'll hafta try again lata.
          <

Comment

look for a plastic thing on the door u can punch through that, if not take out the hinge.

if its the right rear door then u have to take out the 3 screws that hold that plastic hinge in place.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yeah its pretty hard to get in there, at the junkyard when i was getting my handles, i removed the plastic latch assy that ztech is talking about, the 3 screws, and it gives you straight access to the bolt- use an extension. when i actually installed everything at home, i used pliars from inside the door to loosen the bolt, and used my fingers for the rest. i didnt want to mess with my latch. at the junkyard, i didnt care.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i don't wanna sound like a dumass but do ya'lls got Pics on that?
                on which one to remove to get the handel out.

WRX BELOW OWNED BY TREES

Colbalt CB7 ACKORD EX-R
                <

Comment

hehe on the side of the door, there are 3 silver screws, take those out and then get a deep socket and extention 10mm and stick it in there.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

thanks i guess,
                    it will be this week that i go to the junkyard again, looking for a

driverside window also. Colbalt CB7
                    <

Comment

Accordztec- when you drilled out the rivet, and pulled that shaft with the female nut on it out, how did u adhere the bar to the handle? You have a pic, but its all not very clear.

Comment

oh i just shoved it in there..my bad

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I might do this it looks pretty cool

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

just go all out and shave all four ,any of you guys want a set of back handels let me know i got a set of front as well
                            F22A1:blew up
                            F22A1/H22:blew up
                            F22A6/H22: " "
                            F22A4/H22: " "
                            H23A1 boosted:blew up
                            H23A1:traded
                            H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
                            FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

I HAVE TO ADD TO THIS.... ihave done this to about three diff. cars and each time the person asks.. "what if my Remote Dies"... and everyone likes to say "the trunk" ... yes thats what i do but im not crawling threw it... Some of you might have already done or heard this but still many havent... Like the alarm the unlock is a + imput so in all my cars ive ran a wire taped into the unlock wire to a momentary switch in the trunk area. Im not sure about u guys but with my air tanks in the trunk there is NO room for me to get threw... Hope his saves some of you guys a little embarrassment when ur stuff dies and many are around...
                              . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                              WiredMotorSports
                              [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by According2Me
                                I HAVE TO ADD TO THIS.... ihave done this to about three diff. cars and each time the person asks.. "what if my Remote Dies"... and everyone likes to say "the trunk" ... yes thats what i do but im not crawling threw it... Some of you might have already done or heard this but still many havent... Like the alarm the unlock is a + imput so in all my cars ive ran a wire taped into the unlock wire to a momentary switch in the trunk area. Im not sure about u guys but with my air tanks in the trunk there is NO room for me to get threw... Hope his saves some of you guys a little embarrassment when ur stuff dies and many are around...
                                good idea...smart.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                                X