Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazing as always chris.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
      Thats a pretty cool shot. Just the start and landing is a bit blurry and the guy is a bit translucent lol. you should look into high-sync flash. There is a trick in the D200 to fire the flash quicker than the regular sync speed of 1/250sec. You just need to play around to fight the right power setting so it recycles fast enough. Then just set it to 5fps and shoot.
      Oh what?! I had know idea about that. Cool information, I'll google. I don't yet have a flash, but when I do that will be awesome!

Yeah, I made him transparent on that layer because he was a bit blurry (out of focus and 1/500 seemed a bit slow on the shutter). I also didn't have a tripod so it doesn't line up right.

I'm mostly concerned with practicing my focusing methods and shutter speed settings.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

So I've been reading and this is awesome.

Very interesting, can't wait to get a flash!

Comment

Awesome! It's one of those "not known to many" nikon features. YouTube has some video on it too. For the type of shot you were doing definetly use a tripod and prefocus. Then when the action happens just use the high speed shooting option and fire away. If you google chase Jarvis there is a video of him shooting that type of picture of skiers and snowboarders, except at higher fps and with some very powerful lighting but you can get the idea.
          The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
          Check out my JDM F22B swap
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

I'm a little concerned because high speed sync erases the sudden flash light that allows you to freeze motion, so you've gotta get the shutter speed fast enough to still freeze, not rely on the flash. Still, this seems freaking awesome, man I can't wait until I can get an sb600.

Comment

Yea its not an easy topic to understand and you will learn the most by shooting but for the most part its actually the flash that will help you freeze the action because its duration is a lot shorter than the shutter speed. The duration of the flash is anything between 1/1,000th and 1/20,000th of a sec. More than fast enough to stop any sports action. This guy does an ok job of trying to explain it haha. Im sure there are better explanations out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9neMa...eature=related

If you find a SB-800 used on craigslist for a decent price jump on it! More powerful than the SB-600 and has been updated by SB-900 so there might be some for sale. They are great but extra power is always nice. I have 2 SB600s and sometime put them together to get more power!
              The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
              Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
              Check out my JDM F22B swap
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
                Yea its not an easy topic to understand and you will learn the most by shooting but for the most part its actually the flash that will help you freeze the action because its duration is a lot shorter than the shutter speed. The duration of the flash is anything between 1/1,000th and 1/20,000th of a sec. More than fast enough to stop any sports action. This guy does an ok job of trying to explain it haha. Im sure there are better explanations out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9neMa...eature=related

If you find a SB-800 used on craigslist for a decent price jump on it! More powerful than the SB-600 and has been updated by SB-900 so there might be some for sale. They are great but extra power is always nice. I have 2 SB600s and sometime put them together to get more power!
                Right, but for high sync speeds (1/250+) the flash doesn't shoot in a burst anymore, it fires many many times over within the shutter speed, effectively creating a constant stream of light so that no part of the frame is left dark. Therefore you don't get the freezing properties like you would with a burst.

Anyways, I'll just have to play with it. This is probably a null point since the shutter speeds will be higher.

Comment

Got a new camera just in time for the Olympics coming to town.
                  Post Gold Medal game.

Comment

Over here in Germany in Stuttgart.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

new to the thread but just wanted some pointers. using a p&s but looking to upgrade to a dslr soon. any critique/criticism is appreciated. thanks

Last edited by sikz6; 03-08-2010, 03:39 PM.

Click picture to see my mrt
                        Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Well i have been taking pictures for fun for quite awhile now and plan on upgrading my camera soon but these are some of the pictures ive taken in the past couple years. Let me know what you guys think

Comment

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

Fooling around on a road trip this past weekend

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Click picture to see my mrt
                                Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Working...