Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Project Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Project Car

I own a 1990 Honda Acoord EX i want this car as a project its a special car to me, its automatic but i am thinking of switching the tranny to manual to give it a much better boost.. but that will happen later down the road... right now wanna focus on MPG and speed and safety, give me any ideas on what should i install first as a beginner,,,, dont go over the top with me with all these parts haha slowit down one by one explain to me experts i know people on here have experience,,, give me some ideas ans ill write down thank you.

Instead of asking folks on here to list off all the different modifications that you can do and the necessary parts to buy, try searching on here instead. This place is a vast resource for exactly that. Just take some time to read up as much as you can on this car. The stickies at the top of every page are the best (yet seemingly least obvious, for some reason) place to start. Do that and your questions won't be so broad.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Don't install anything performance oriented, yet. Your car is 25 years old, you need to do preventative maintenance on everything (hoses, balljoints and bushings, rubber components, etc.) as well as make sure you have a tune-up, timing belt & water pump records.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

make you and your car loose weight. Thats how you gain mpg and speed. If you are looking for purchasable upgrades wheels, tires, sway bars, strut tower bars, and new bushing would be what you are looking for. All this stuff would improve handling give you better speed through corners and making the car all around safer. The mpg wouldnt decrease too much if at all. Maintaining good tire pressure, clean air filters, doing valve adjustment(hard for noobs) would be more of your mpg maintainance

Comment

All the preventive stuff, but the first performance upgrade should be brakes and tires. I've see too many cars with 200 to 600 hp in Civics and Crxs on stock binders & rotors, sometimes with used tires manufactured five years ago! To me that's more scary than their acceleration.

You got to get your thirty posts somehow, Jarrett. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Don't install anything performance oriented, yet. Your car is 25 years old, you need to do preventative maintenance on everything (hoses, balljoints and bushings, rubber components, etc.) as well as make sure you have a tune-up, timing belt & water pump records.
            ^^^ This.

Maintenance. That is the biggest booster of MPG, power, driveability and reliability.

Comment

Working...
            X