EXT: How To Make a Custom Hood/Scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: How To Make a Custom Hood/Scoop

Ok class sit down, heres how you make a custom hood useing your OEM hood to keep thos beautiful body lines.

Step 1. Find a hood bulg or a scoop that you will thing it will look so good on your CB7 (or what ever you have), Cut the scoop out a inch past the bottom of the scoop.

Step 2. Find out how long you will need to cut out from your hood (measure the cut out scoop from side to side and front to back)

Step 3. Cut that hole out to your measurement's. but for easyer install cut a 2 inch long slits on the hood at the front part of the hood on both sides of your hood (this is to slide your scoop in with out have to jusy lay it on there, and make sure it's betwine the hood skin and the rib cage)

Step 4. Slip the hood inside the cut open part of your OEM hood useing the slits to have better luck to slide it in.

Step 5. Tack weld the hood in 4 places and step back to see if you got the scoop evenly, Once you got it on the way you wish weld along the bottom of the hood and scoop (inside of the hood not on the outside, so you keep a smooth top) weld it all the way around.

Step 6. Mix up bondo or dolpin glaze and spred it along the top of hood were needed, Sand the bondo down with 180 grit sand paper till it's as smooth as you want it. Warning : do not leave the bondo in to much vol. if left with alot on there sanded or not it will crack in time.

Step 7. Sand the bondo with a lighter grit (finer paper) make sure you dont sand to much on the place this will cause a wave in your hood.

Step 8. Prime it and your Done till you want paint work done.

Ok. in some projects you will need air tools so if you dont have the tools frist dont do it.
    I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

pics always helps a diy

RIP lilblue

Comment

(RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

woot! pix or die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

hmm im thinking of doing this on my cf hood... where my turbo is gonna go...

what do ya think...

Comment

Thinkin bout doin the turbo cutout like on drag cars.......
            She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
            Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
            Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

the amount of money and time u spend cutting out the oem hood and putting a plastic in it doing all that bondo and then take it to the shop to get a paintjob plus the weight.. add it all up.. you could've just bought a carbon fiber hood custom with a hood scoop done they lightweight..already shinny. just my suggestion but good DIY
              DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                hmm im thinking of doing this on my cf hood... where my turbo is gonna go...

what do ya think...
                dont.
                DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Working...
                X