X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    Whats wrong with an equalizer?
    Nothing wrong but wouldn't change just the relay be a little better than putting in 4 EQ? I don't want to mess with the wiring.
    I cannot make out of the pics on this thread on how the EQ is installed.

Comment

What do you guys think of this relay?
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elect...Q5fAccessories

Is our signal relay a 3 prong like that?

Thanks.

Comment

I just bought the 24 red 3497 LED bulb from Ebay and it seems to light up at a lower intensity than that of the OEM bulb. I use this bulb in the high brake light.
        I thought LED bulbs are suppose to be brighter?

Thanks.

Comment

Do we have to use the EQs both in front and rear?

If I want to use the EQ, do we have to put them in either in the front or rear or we have to install them both in the front and in the rear?

Thanks.

Comment

I got my LED bulbs and began to install them on one side first to compare the brightness to the old Halogen bulbs.
            During the day, the LED bulbs are much more dull and not as bright red as the old halogen type.
            I wonder why? What is the real benefit of LED? Is it for more brightness or is it for quicker response time?

Comment

What kind of bulb did you get? Some bulbs face straight-out and look like a red "dot" in the tail light. Others have LEDs in all directions so they emit more light.

This bulbs, is not good for tail lights...

You want one like this...

See how it has LEDs pointing in more than one direction?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

And LEDs are brighter, last longer and have quicker response. PLus they just look really friggin cool!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  And LEDs are brighter, last longer and have quicker response. PLus they just look really friggin cool!
                  Not all LED's are brighter. Some LED's at 12v only put out around 15 lumens.

Example of high power LED's:
                  A SSC P4 LED will put out a maximum of 240 lumens but a CREE MCE(4die) LED will have a maximum lumens output of over 800(which is holy shit bright btw).

Think of it this way. Make a PCB the size of the tail light with all CREE XR-E(R5) LED's(say 15), it'll put out roughly 5,550 lumes. A factory halogen H1 bulb only puts out 1000-1100 lumens.

Ultra bright LED "bulbs" have to be made, not bought.

But once you start to get that bright, you run into heat problems(yes, LED's do put off some serious heat). Example, I hade a 800 lumens CREE MCE flashlight that had a maximum running time of 120 mins before it started to do damage to the circuitry.

Comment

Hmm, how are the SMD bulbs?

I am looking at :

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...d-product/526/

would SMDs produce a lot of heat?

looking for amber bulbs for my red/clear tail lights
                    92 DX Sedan - Auto

Comment

If they're tail lights, I don't think they'll be too bad. Should work nicely, actually.

Comment

my main concern is, how do these lights look durning the day time. they're nice and bright in the dark but what about the day?

i had led turn signals (21 bulb) on my previous car and were hard to see during the day time. and thats that i put white ones to shine through the amber lens and it was still a bit hard to tell that the turn signal was being used.
                        FRIENDS
                        DONT LET
                        FRIENDS
                        ROLL ON
                        ROTA'S

Comment

This is kinda old but I got some all clear tails and have 4 red bulbs LED (of course) and the regular bulbs for reverse, haven't done the blinkers yet waiting for the load EQ to be shipped to but now I don't have running lights anymore, the lights come on when I press the brake but nothing otherwise.

I used some 1157 bulbs off ebay the 360 style not the cluster style.

I had running lights before the led bulbs...

Any help would be appreciated
                          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Anyone know anything about this or can share their knowledge?

I swapped the corner lights back to regular and i have running lights again til someone can help.

Comment

Have you checked fuses? Have you tried switching back to a halogen bulb? If the issue goes away and you get your running lights back, then it's the LED bulb you're using. If you check fuses or switch back to halogen and still don't have running lights, I'd say you have a short somewhere.

Comment

I went back to regular bulbs and they are back so I guess it's the leds, I got 1157s like the first post said. They light up as brake lights just not as running lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X