Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a1 + a6 head = f22a6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a1 + a6 head = f22a6?

If I swapped a a6 head onto my f22a1 does that make it an a6? besides the fact that is says f22a1... is that the only difference? I imagine the head flows a little bit better since it's a 15hp gain, along with a h23 or a6 IM. Is it worth it?

really the only difference between the 2 is the cam, im, and ecu....so if you also have the ecu, then in a sence yes you do have an a6
    TEH SICKNESS IS RISING

Comment

Originally posted by sickocb7
      really the only difference between the 2 is the cam, im, and ecu....so if you also have the ecu, then in a sence yes you do have an a6
      You're forgetting the exhaust manifold. But yes, the differences are the exhaust, cam, intake and ECU.

Comment

lol i knew i left something out!!!!
        TEH SICKNESS IS RISING

Comment

Yep, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, cam, ECM, wire harness, and slightly higher fuel pressure (40 psi instead of 36).

If you want an A6, you might as well just buy the entire motor.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
            Yep, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, cam, ECM, wire harness, and slightly higher fuel pressure (40 psi instead of 36).

If you want an A6, you might as well just buy the entire motor.

yeah the A6 motor will only run u between 150-400 dollars...: REAL CHEAP:...
            A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

I havea question. I am doing a A1 to A6 swap. Can I use the A1 ECU? I realize the ECU will not be able to control the IAB, but that is not a problem. I am going to connect a vacuum line from the diaphragm directly to the intake manifold for now. I just want to make sure there won't be a loss in performance using the A1 ECU. let me get this straight. An A1 is rated at 127hp, and the A6 is 140. The 13 HP gain is from different cams, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, and the IAB? My assumption is that the car will only lose a few ft lbs of torque because the ECU will not be controlling the IAB. Am I right?

Comment

its not just the IAB(i think im about to make myself look stupid. lmao) but its the dual runner intake manifold also that the ECU has to run. along with other things that the f22a6 has that the f22a1 doesnt. so it would be better for you to use the f22a6 ECU. and yes you wouldnt get the HP and TQ for the f22a6 if you used the f22a1 ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                  its not just the IAB(i think im about to make myself look stupid. lmao) but its the dual runner intake manifold also that the ECU has to run. along with other things that the f22a6 has that the f22a1 doesnt. so it would be better for you to use the f22a6 ECU. and yes you wouldnt get the HP and TQ for the f22a6 if you used the f22a1 ECU
                  If I get the ECU for the A6, I am assuming the main harness is different. Would it be a huge hassle to try to use the A1 harness and figure out the wiring? Or should I just get the ECU with all the wiring I need?

The engine will still run ok with the A1 ECU right? If so, I may end up using the A1 ECU until I get around to picking up an ECU for the A6 motor
                  Last edited by Simonator; 02-16-2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Harness is the exact same, except for a wire controlling the IAB box.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                    X