Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Dyno chart baseline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
    I always thought the IAB's opened at 4,900 stock, but the graph shows them opening at 4,200. They open up wherever the pt6 stock switch is set at.

It looks like the engine would have started leveling off at 4k had the IAB's not opened....which with the f22a1 cam IS where the engine makes peak torque. The IAB's with the a6 cam and exhaust setup gave the engine a bit wider, more significant power curve.
    But the torque drops significantly right around 4200rpm. Once that problem is fixed with tuning, you will have a much better power curve.
    The IABs open at 4200, but I mean they can't be causing that torque drop. Has to be something else. Idk..

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
      But the torque drops significantly right around 4200rpm. Once that problem is fixed with tuning, you will have a much better power curve.
      The IABs open at 4200, but I mean they can't be causing that torque drop. Has to be something else. Idk..
      It looks to be something with his particular setup, if you look at my dyno chart, power starts falling off smoothly, then picks back up a bit once the IABs open.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Whens the Date for round#2 at TDC set?

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Damn I thought those mods would be good for at least 130-135WHP

But the age of the motor might be the x factor, or the dyno

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

That DC header is killing you. I have a polished Bisi header for sale if you are interested. PM me.
            Last edited by 2point6; 12-30-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

The torque numbers might be low due to the 2.5" exhaust. That's quite wide for the amount of air that engine is able to flow right now. Of course, as you modify the engine, it'll be a good size.

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
              That DC header is killing you. I have a polished Bisi header for sale if you are interested. PM me.
              The point of this baseline pull is to compare it to his own Bisimoto header. He's got one already.
              But yeah, that DC header is definitely the bottleneck. Once the Bisi header is in place, the exhaust ports will be what's choking it.

Comment

^^^Thanks Deev for clearing that up.

Yeah the guys at TDC had choice words to say when they learned it was a DCSports header, seems DCSports is crap on most applications.

I know the pt6 ecu runs a different map pre 4200 vs. post 4200rpms. Not sure if the pre 4200 is what made the torque drop like crazy or not. Hubert (their tuner) looked at the whole graph and said it looked pretty typical for an oem ecu.....

The wideband was at the tailpipe hence the delay in readings, really no other place to put it..

I'm still waiting on my custom cat from SMSP so I can install the header, taking forever.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The point of this baseline pull is to compare it to his own Bisimoto header. He's got one already.
                  But yeah, that DC header is definitely the bottleneck. Once the Bisi header is in place, the exhaust ports will be what's choking it.
                  Fair enough. I must have missed that part. I need to read more... talk less. My appologies.

Comment

TDC has changed locations and should have their open house dyno day soon check and ask them about it.Also they had a ton of stuff stolen before they moved(damn thieves stealing honest peoples shit.Big issue around NC&SC with anything honda related getting stolen).This is just a FYI post(They might be doing free dyno pulls im not %100 sure so dont quote me on that) cant wait to see the gains though.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      TDC has changed locations and should have their open house dyno day soon check and ask them about it.Also they had a ton of stuff stolen before they moved(damn thieves stealing honest peoples shit.Big issue around NC&SC with anything honda related getting stolen).This is just a FYI post(They might be doing free dyno pulls im not %100 sure so dont quote me on that) cant wait to see the gains though.
                      When did all this happen and when did they move? Where's the new location?
                      My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Think it was a week or 2 ago.And they said the new location is less than a mile away from the last.They basically upgraded, but not fast enough cause the thieves stole 15k+ of parts i think it was.

02 Crv

Comment

No updates yet?

02 Crv

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                            No updates yet?
                            Not yet, I've got all the pieces ready to be welded to my exhaust, just been out of town on business every weekend. My ESP traction bar is coming soon (within 2 weeks) and I'd like to install both at the same time.....install the header while the subframe is completely out of the way and hopefully install the header in one piece so I don't have to force it together while under the car.....it's a TIGHT slip-fit.

Anyway, I apologize for this taking longer than planned but hopefully I can get it done very soon!
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Thats cool man take your time def hit up hubert or one of them at TDC and see when their free dyno day is i know they had one a week or so ago.

02 Crv

Comment

Update for everyone:

I've been waiting on my traction bar to come in for header clearance. It should have been here 1.5 months ago but ESP was evidently overloaded with orders. I got their Fall discount on it so not complaining just FYI. Traction bar is pure awesomeness btw!

Getting closer to header install.
                                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X