No announcement yet.

Falken ZE912 vs BF Goodrich Traction T/A 195/60 R15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Falken ziex ze 512's on my civic and they grip great when ur car is aligned. Rain traction is amazing too. Idk about the 912's but they're the replacement so I supose they may have better cut grooves.
    Also I've taken them up to 140 and they have no speed cracks in them or any crack in the rubber atall which surprised me.

Comment

have about 1100mi on my falken 912s and i have to say a very very good tire overall....

quiet and a nice ride.... has done well in the frozen rain i've come across so far this winter...

discounttiredirect.com had them $50/ea with free shipping plus a $50 instant rebate (they have deals like this very often...) so basically you get 4 tires for the price of 3...
      '93 LX Accord Anniversary Auto
      66K Miles (yes, only that much) and no rust!

Comment

Review on Falken Ziex 912 195/60 R15:

I had BF Goodrich Traction T/A 195/60 R15 tires on my 1991 Accord DX 5spd previously. I will compare them to this.

BF Goodrich Traction T/A:

Dry - Good, taken them up to 125 mph no issues.
        Rain/Wet - Good, no issues up to speeds of 80-90 mph. Just as good as the Falkens.
        Snow - Good, felt confident in them.
        Handling/Cornering - Good for all-seasons, felt fairly confident in taking corners.
        Durability - Rated for 60,000 miles, halfway they develop cracks in treads, but did not leak. Lasted 50,000 miles, however the last few thousand miles I had camber issues because of a lower drop.

Falken Ziex 912:

Dry - Good, taken them up to 130 mph no issues.
        Rain/Wet - Good, BFG just as good.
        Snow - Decent, BFG are better.
        Handling/Cornering - Sidewalls are softer. BFG Traction T/A are better.
        Durability - Great so far, no awkward wear/cracks on tires. Better than BFG so far.

Overall Opinion:

I think the Falken ZE912 are a good bang for the buck all-season tire with better durability than the BF Goodrich Traction T/A in that they will last 60,000 miles like their warranty states. The BFG are rated for the same mileage, but did not last that long for me and developed cracks in the treads half-way through their tire warranty. Anyhow, the BFG Traction T/A tires had better dry traction & cornering performance than the Falken ZE912.
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-30-2007, 07:23 PM.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I'm really happy with my new Yokohama AVID H4s'. I have also used the BFG Traction TA and it was good, and the Falken 512's had ok traction, but simply do not last. I'm also a fan of the Kumho ASX
          Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X