Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The STILL don't know what I'm doing 5spd/jdm swap build thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The motors in...well the rear motor mount is like a few cm off so the bolt won't go in...everything needs to be hooked up. Almost there but I have zero motivation...like if someone were to slap a few hundred bucks in front of my face for this thing I'd probably take it lol. Last update for a while, I'm over it[/QUOTE]

Why? Frustration or boredom?
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Extreme frustration. The kind that is difficult to quantify/describe. The motor mount isnt the only issue atm just the dumbest...if I can find someone to pay to finish this I would but that's probably not gonna happen so it'll just sit for another couple of months probably

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post

The motors in...well the rear motor mount is like a few cm off so the bolt won't go in...everything needs to be hooked up. Almost there but I have zero motivation...like if someone were to slap a few hundred bucks in front of my face for this thing I'd probably take it lol. Last update for a while, I'm over it
        I'm asking this question blind. Did you get the correct rear motor mount?
        they sell a 3 bolt and a 4 bolt. I used factory mounts and my car was 5spd already so i didn't run into any problems with the bolts lining up after i angled the motor in. From reading i have seen you need to make sure you get the right rear motor mount when converting to 5spd. Once again i am blind on this and only can tell you what i have read.
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

In case anyone's curious. I dropped this thing off at a local members house to get finished up

Might be running by next weekend, might not. Don't really care...just had to get thing thing out my driveway before I set it on fire.

Comment

Just an update, this is coming along nicely. We decided the do a ROH conversion since the bearings were shot. Hope to have it up and running this Sunday.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Looking forward to it.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm kind of anxious just to drive it, I've owned this car almost a year now and only time I drove it was on to the flatbed when I bought it...at which point the trans blew lol. Hopefully it will be a fun daily, we'll see.

Comment

Great news! I was under the assumption that 98-02 spindles will work so I bought all that to stay 4lug and go roh "the easy way" knuckles, rotors, calipers, hubs, bearings....buuuuuuuuuuuuut none of that shit will work. So im out all that crap...damnit. I'm glad I left the car over jamies house cause I would have seriously set it on fire by now

Comment

I know the feeling. I've been there several times before. However, the end result is worth it. Passing 5500 rpms on the highway is a blast. . You'll do it just for shits and giggles, and in turn, you'll notice how gas mileage will be effected, but it's so much fun, so you'll probably keep doing it over and over again like the rest of us.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Update: I still hate this thing. This car is stupid, these swaps are stupid. I've owned this thing about a year now. Haven't driven it once. Have close to 5 grand in to this thing. Somebody wave like 2 grand in front of my face and help me get rid of the the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. I don't care about stupid vtec, my silverado is faster and my corvette is waaaaaaaaaaaay faster than this pos. UGH.

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
                        Update: I still hate this thing. This car is stupid, these swaps are stupid. I've owned this thing about a year now. Haven't driven it once. Have close to 5 grand in to this thing. Somebody wave like 2 grand in front of my face and help me get rid of the the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. I don't care about stupid vtec, my silverado is faster and my corvette is waaaaaaaaaaaay faster than this pos. UGH.
                        I understand your frustration. It took me 2-1/6 years to get mine back on the road. However, I just use mine for daily driving mostly. It's a comfortable little daily driver that's a little peppy.

If it wasn't so reliable, I'd sell the damn thing; oh wait, it is up for sale.

New toy on deck. 415hp and 415ftlbs o' torque.

Good luck with everything depending on which route you take.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

That's because your doing it wrong. What is exactly the problem with the car dude

Comment

So here's where we are at with this thing. It runs...like shit and drives...kinda. No filter on the intake, no o2 sensor cause it has to be extended. Havn't messed with the distributor much, only turned it until I could start it and left it there. No rpm gauge function. No speedo gauge function and obviously no vtec bro. Can't think of what else, been a long ass day working on this thing Gonna spend the rest of the night researching where to go from here but I guess progress is progress. I feel like I've yet to reach the most frustrating part of this build which is making all these parts I just slapped together in this old ass car worth together

On the spindle thing, I decided to ditch that stupid 98-02 4 lug idea and pressed new bearings/hubs in the cb7 spindle and HOLY DEAR LORD FUCK THAT SUCKED but whatever I got it done. Now I get to throw away some 98-02 accord spindles with new bearings, hubs, rotors, pads, and calipers. Stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGIJugRxS8Q

Comment

Trying to think of useful info to ad for if anyone wants to chime in...

Its a phearable chipped p28 ecu and don't know if this will mess with anything but the power steering line is just kinda loose chillin there, not hooked to anything. I dunno if hanging it there having air being able to get in the system will mess something else up or whatever

Edit: Coming up with conflicting info on the o2 sensor. Since mine is an LX, the h22a sensor connector that I have will not plug in. I dont want to fuck with peeling the old ass harness back and fucking a wire up or something whatever...anyways... Some posts say to use the stock LX sensor and some posts say that this will cause issues and to use the h22a sensor and swap the connector on my wiring harness. I'm only a little in to research and am just spitting out what I have found so far.

On the idle issue, I'll have to take pictures of my vacuum lines tomorrow and cross reference them with some pictures I've found and see what's up there. I do have the egr blocked off with a metal plate so I guess that makes a difference

Also my speed sensor is probably dicked so I'll try to find another one tomorrow
                              Last edited by moore; 10-24-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Probably gonna be a another week or so before I can dick with this again but for reference...codes are 17 and 22. I have the speed sensor off my old motor...we'll see if that works. I bought an o2 extension harness and the rest of my exhaust showed up. Gonna take apart the vtec solenoid and clean it up/replace all the gaskets and see what that does. Here's how it sits for now.

best part about this is that I 5spd swapped a car and I can't drive stick LOL so after I figure all this shit out I still gotta learn that

Comment

Working...
                                X