Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gauge Cluster Lights issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge Cluster Lights issue

I've been trying to figure out this issue with my gauge cluster lights. It seems to me like a ground issue. I felt it would be easier to make a video showing you guys what's going on.

So please check it out if you have a minute : https://youtu.be/tsdr3FLWZMs

Thanks

BUMP. Come on guys. Someone has to know something

Comment

I took a look at the video and just had a few questions. Have you owned the car for a while and it just started doing this or did you purchase it that way? Do you know if that is the original cluster to the car? Do you by any chance have a spare cluster you could pop in there to see if the issue might be in the cluster? Has any recent work been done to the car that might have caused this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        I took a look at the video and just had a few questions. Have you owned the car for a while and it just started doing this or did you purchase it that way? Do you know if that is the original cluster to the car? Do you by any chance have a spare cluster you could pop in there to see if the issue might be in the cluster? Has any recent work been done to the car that might have caused this?
        Thank you for taking the time to look at the video and replying.

I've only owned the car about 2-3 months now. I purchased it this way.

I don't know if it's the original cluster to the car. Now that i think about it, a lot of the screws for the big trim piece were tampered with, so its probably not.

I actually do have a spare cluster that was in the trunk when I bought the car but never even tried plugging that one in to see what it does because I figured that one was bad, and they put the one in the car now, to replace that one.. But maybe I should give it a shot? It has more miles tho..

The issue is still the same from day one since I bought the car, so any of my recent work has not contributed to the issue.

Comment

You have a 90-91 cluster in a 93. Could be the issue.

The 92-93 cluster doesn't highlight 55MPH...
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
            You have a 90-91 cluster in a 93. Could be the issue.

The 92-93 cluster doesn't highlight 55MPH...
            Really?? I'll definitely look into this.

And I'll check to see if that spare cluster has the 55 mph highlighted or not.

Thanks for replying!

Comment

So after rebuilding my suspension, new tires, and alignment all labor day weekend. I finally got around to trying the spare cluster that was in the trunk of the car when i bought it.

It is in fact a 92/93 cluster without the highlighted 55mph.

I plugged it in and ALL of the gauges don't work. Rpm's unresponsive, speedo unresponsive, fuel gauge reads Full when it's not, coolant unresponsive. I'm guessing this is why it was in the trunk and not in the car.

All the gauges did work with the 90/91 cluster so is it safe to say that the 92/93 cluster I have is bad and I should just get another from the junkyard?

The cluster lights did function like normal with the 92/93 so the problem is solved as far as the lights issue.

So what do yall think. Try another cluster? Anything I can look for on the new cluster that can ensure that the new gauges will work?

Comment

I would try another cluster. Just make sure you can exchange it if it doesn't work. Most wrecking yards will let you exchange.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                  I would try another cluster. Just make sure you can exchange it if it doesn't work. Most wrecking yards will let you exchange.
                  Got it. I'm gonna try another one, one of these days.

Thank you

Comment

I ended up getting a 93 cluster and everything is working perfectly now. Thanks guys

Comment

Awesome! Glad it worked out. Always happy to help when I can, even though I sold my last Accord... :'(

Comment

Working...
                      X