Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Very unique intake valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vince gave me an update today, he said he has all of the measurements he needs and is starting to make my valves. They will be done sometime in January.

The valve I gave him was taken from my spare head so I will be having that one cleaned and gone through prior to installing them. I'm going to run his valves with the 272 Delta cam on an otherwise stock head; no porting, valvesprings, etc.
    I think this will be a good test bed seeing as how a lot of people are running the 272 right now. The only question I'm having a hard time with is what is the piston to valve clearance on the f22a? If anyone has this info I would greatly appreciate it, preferably info on the 272 piston to valve clearance.

I'll keep you updated as things progress. I will be sending my cam out to Delta after the 1st of the year when I'm done moving into my new apartment.

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Is this something that is gonig to start being manufactured and produced in the near future or like 15 years from now, oh and yea if this works and is an actual working alternative, that guys gonna be a millionaire and very famous. hope this works out.

Comment

first of all i'd like to say for the 2% of the whole thing that i actually understood. YAY!!! if it works. I want in.

for the 98% that i don't understand... yeah.... uh.... ignorance is bliss?
        my 91 cb7
        Originally posted by 4doorfury
        I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

A while back in a Popular Mechanics magazine there was a guy in Brazil that started inventing super efficient heads and valves. with a whole bunch of different wierd cuts in it (like a headlight reflector) and was getting upwards of 50MPG out of an old 50s chevy V8. He ended up being murdered 1 month after the article went out.
          1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
          2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

murdered? O_O
            my 91 cb7
            Originally posted by 4doorfury
            I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Yeah, well, eh's definetly going to be a millionare, the only reason he went to SEMA this year was to meet with executives from Ford and GM...

These valves probably aren't going to be an "aftermarket" production item, in all honesty, he's looking for the bigger fish, and for GM to write him a $500 million dollar check. But you never know, now that he is making a set of valves for me, it will be easier for him to make more for those that want them. Maybe it will give the Accord SOHC the extra edge it's always needed. If they work out on my car, I want them in our shops K24 HF Civic drag car.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

if they work dyno that shit and we can get a Group buy going on.
                uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

interesting, about that murder thing anyone know wabout that guy inventing th e water car also got murderd

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                    interesting, about that murder thing anyone know wabout that guy inventing th e water car also got murderd

Those stories are usually a bunch of crap. Like the 100MPG carburetor. Didn't exist.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yeah... really you should ask him if it would be possible to do a group buy... that would be pretty tight...

if these do hit big and GM or Ford buy them... you know that companies like OBX and ferrea and yada yada yada are going to try and copy the idea and make there own little profit off the tuner market... but thats just what i would see happening...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

any update on these valves? did you get them yet? this sounds really interesting if it works out right...

Comment

This is pretty interesting seeing that I currently doing research and reading up on valves right at this moment. It would be cool to get a diagram soI could show it to my instructor and see what he thinks.
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

No updates yet, he's still in the process of making them, one off valves take a little time, especially with these. Hopefully I will have them by the end of the month.

As for diagrams, I can't get those because everything is patented and he doesn't want anyone having the specifics on his product yet. However, all the info you need is on the website i posted earlier; www.omnivalves.com

The valves made it in the SEMA "hot new products" catalog. I just got it in the mail today and his ad was in there, the ad simply reads "Never before seen, 500% increase in low-end torque, 30% better emissions."

I will update with pics and possibly video when i get the valves.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

be sure to ask him about a group buy

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

x2 Group buy.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                                X