Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New guy from New zealand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys

It makes its peak power far too early, so may be a cam timing issue. Not too fussed about it though, results speak for themselves!

It will be repaired as good or better than it was before, that's for sure (I'm rather picky hah)

Just realised all the videos in the last post were set to private so may not have played.

Heres the car as it is with the 5 stud done all round now

2016-04-19_11-08-26 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Comment

Was awesome seeing you smoke that DC5!

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Wow really enjoyed going through this thread, nice combination of parts! Im also happy to see someone drag racing this chassis. I hope to be in the 13s N/A as well that trap speed is pretty decent too. Now you have me antsy to finish this swap and go racing.

Comment

Thanks guys

Car goes into panelbeaters tomorrow to get pulled straight and repainted, Can't wait to have it all fixed up like new again

Comment

Got the car back yesterday, It's looking great again

DSC_4563 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Also ordered the hood gas strut kit from 3Amotors, Great kit for the little coin.

DSC_4568 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Comment

^sweet! She's back! Phenomenal work, I love everything about this car, keep up the great work

Comment

Wow man this car looks great with 5 lugs. Even though I admired the OEM wheels you had on prior.
                The drop looks really good compared to the original height.

May I ask what trim levels you had in New Zealand? I am curious because i see that your trunk lid depicts 2.2I. Thanks I am curious to how Honda trim leveled their vehicles outside of the states.

Comment

Should get some kind of award!

Originally posted by Zombine View Post

DSC_4568 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Bit of an update, will be a bit messy and all over the show, done alot of little things and can't recall correct order*

Was given a Euro R block brace, so made this fit, just had to drill and tap one vertical bolt hole into the blacktop block for this to fit, and it only just clears the brace that runs under the engine/gearbox

DSC_5679 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

The view from underneath it

DSC_5678 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Had fun driving the car everyday, Decided to go and have some fun at the last round of winter drag wars, went through the practice session in the morning, things going fairly well.* Parked the car up to cool down over the lunch break, came back to it to line up for the start of eliminations and found the drag radials had leaked all their air out and gone completely flat * So had to jack the car up and put the street tyres back on.* Since WDW is DYO only, I had no idea how the car would perform, So I dialled in a 14.4 as the traction was terrible on the day anyway.

20861807_1632410693443987_1144594022072040376_o by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Battled through eliminations, letting off every single run as it seemed like my opponents had no idea how to race in a DYO class. Ended up getting through to the final, When I got to half track I looked in my mirror and the guy was sitting at the start line, had red lit, And won the round

Fast forward to more recent times, Drove the car to work, when I got to work, noticed it was idling rough. Pulled the car inside in the evening, Did a compression test, 200-210-200-70.* Fuck. Cyl 4 was well down.

Started by checking valve clearances, all of which were ok.*

Performed a cylinder leakage test on cyl 4. leaking straight past the piston, out the head drains and dipstick hole. damnit.

Pulled the head off, no obvious damage so far, bore is good, piston crown looks OK, head gasket and head looks OK.

Popped number 4 piston out, found this

22051026_1738231926211506_5280544093756569599_o by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Pushed the car outside.* Lucky I have another shortblock at home, This one an open deck P5M based H22A.* Stripped it down and sent the block to ST Automotive for acid dipping and a hone. Will be getting some new Nippon racing P5P pistons (Euro R / Type S prelude) to go in it to give me some more compression. At a guess previously would be around 10:1. New build am aiming for around 11.2 - 11.3:1.

The head will get stripped down soon, and will replace the factory euro r valvetrain with some upgraded valvesprings and retainers. maybe some flat face valves too for a bit more compression. this is in preparation for a camshaft upgrade later down the line so I don't need to pull the head off again.

So, Stripped the spare H22A and sent it for acid dipping. Got the block back to discover it had a small mark at the top of cylinder 1 bore - damn.* Have been told by my engine builder that it will be fine, But when the block that is still in the car is flawless, I may use that for peace of mind.* Also, this block has had a very hard life, no coolant being used and all of the water jackets are corroded quite alot, along with where the rear water pipe seats into the water pump area.* See photos.

IMG_20171012_190900 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20171012_190924 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20171012_190840 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20171012_190041 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20171012_190003 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Because of this corrosion, I did decide to use the closed deck block that was in the car prior.

Specs of the new motor were finalised:

closed deck block
                    Euro R P5P pistons modified to fit the blacktop press fit wrist pins
                    blacktop rods
                    blacktop crank
                    KS Tuned balance shaft delete kit
                    KS Tuned manual tensioner
                    Euro R sump and oil pump pickup

Euro R head
                    Skimmed 20-30thou
                    Ferrea flat face 5000 series valves
                    Ferrea valve locks
                    Supertech valve guides
                    Supertech valve springs
                    Supertech titanium retainers and spring bases
                    Skunk 2 Pro 1 Cams
                    Skunk 2 Pro series cam gears

The combination should land the motor around 11.6 - 11.8:1 compression.

Will be tuned on 98 (Same as the USA 93).

Have removed the block from the car and installed the balance shaft delete kit, And have recieved some parts, just waiting on the rest of the head stuff to arrive - should have it all within a week or so

IMG_20171031_063544 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20171031_063736 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Looking forward to driving it again!

Thanks for reading

Comment

Sucks about the busted ring, but I’m glad to see it’s not slowing you down! Your car is beautiful.

Comment

Very nice and clean car. I like the wheels.
                        Also a very nice and clean engine build
                        Do you have any idea what caused the ring failure?

What's the difference between the gold and normal (silver) BC's?
                        What springrates are they? 10kg front and 6kg rear?

Comment

That's the ring land thats broken in that photo guys, the rings are fine

Got the pistons back from the machinists, Euro R P5P pistons modified to take the blacktop press fit wristpins.

DSC_9648 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

New P5M rings arrived (were ex japan), So took everything home and checked ring end gaps. Everything was good.

24172589_1800224266678938_1607611338_n by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Had 90% of the rest of the valvetrain stuff arrive, Just waiting on the supertech valve guides now.

DSC_9647 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

DSC_9645 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

DSC_9642 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

DSC_9637 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Comment

So with the motor nearing completion, I thought I better get on with finishing everything else I needed to.

The car as it sits.

IMG_20180105_125320 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Got the windscreen mouldings put back on with all the new clips.

IMG_20180106_105604 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Valve guides arrived, as did the new valve stem seals.

IMG_20180106_123217 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Im not sure about the USDM CB's but in the rear there is two pieces of foam that the boot board sits on. Since I decided to move the battery to the boot I needed to replace the left hand side foam with some wood so it wouldnt squash with the 4 8mm studs that I have run through the boot.

IMG_20180119_172831 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Then cut the carpet to fit around the studs. The boot carpet has shrunken and is a bit dirty, Am looking at replacing it in the near future anyway.

IMG_20180120_115354 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

I drilled the front of the valve cover for the breather fittings and cut the end out for cam gear adjustment.

IMG_20180120_120946 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

With the battery moved to the boot, This opened up the drivers side front corner of the engine bay, So I decided to build an airbox and incorporate a catch can into it. I made a mock up of cardboard, Then gave it to a friend who is a boat builder to make whilst I serviced his car for him. He also modified the valve cover for me too.

IMG_20180120_105734 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180120_105816 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180121_112317 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180121_203849 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180121_203907 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

No finished photos of the catch can / airbox yet.

Comment

An actual proper sized catch can! Hallelujah. Looking awesome man. Always love some southern hemisphere progress!
                              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

The build and the car is way nice! We got the same wheels. I just wish mine were as nice as yours.
                                5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X