Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you really need the tap and die set? whats that for

Comment

sweet DIY!. never thought about something like that.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Just picked up my hood props from the JY today. Going to put them on tomorrow. Great DIY.

Last edited by Mike1357; 02-10-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

got mines from autozone for a 95 legend.just love these things.

Comment

question. I bought a set of 86-90 Legend hood props, and they are WAY shorter than the ones in your photos on page 1. If I were to mount the bracket on to the fender bolt like you did, the hood is lower than it would have been with the standard hood prop. Do you think it would be wise to drill a hole into the fender lining a little further back for it to work? I can post a picture if it clarifies the problem. I'm worried the fender lining won't be strong enough.
            Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT
            2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Yeah which Legend props does this DIY call for, in case no one has asked yet or I have missed it I'd love to do this DIY, but there are absolutely NO legends in any JY's around here, so I have to order new parts online or stop into a parts store I suppose

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                question. I bought a set of 86-90 Legend hood props, and they are WAY shorter than the ones in your photos on page 1. If I were to mount the bracket on to the fender bolt like you did, the hood is lower than it would have been with the standard hood prop. Do you think it would be wise to drill a hole into the fender lining a little further back for it to work? I can post a picture if it clarifies the problem. I'm worried the fender lining won't be strong enough.
                Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                Yeah which Legend props does this DIY call for, in case no one has asked yet or I have missed it I'd love to do this DIY, but there are absolutely NO legends in any JY's around here, so I have to order new parts online or stop into a parts store I suppose
                did you guys actually look at what he wrote, or just the pictures?
                Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                2 pair of 92' acura legend hood props (got mine for 6 bucks)
                -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Originally posted by full.circle
                Honda-Tech: the retarded little brother all other Honda forums are ashamed of

Comment

It seems 92-96 Legend shocks work best. Im still yet to do this, but then again there arent any JYs near here, so maybe if i have the cash i'll get them from a parts store.

Id like to find a way to make them NOT have to sit over the fender, but perhaps hangout in the engine bay, along the fender.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by full.circle View Post
                    Oops, good call.

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                    It seems 92-96 Legend shocks work best. Im still yet to do this, but then again there arent any JYs near here, so maybe if i have the cash i'll get them from a parts store.

Id like to find a way to make them NOT have to sit over the fender, but perhaps hangout in the engine bay, along the fender.
                    Mike, I agree with the location of the other end of the prop. This is 100x better than that old "flipflop" trunk idea. That was teh failz0rs.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by full.circle View Post
                      as a matter of fact, I did. I just happened to have the shocks from a first-gen Legend sedan sitting around.
                      2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

can't wait to get some more cash, then I'll pick up some hood shocks from kragen, start me up this project! ;D
                        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

My neighbor just came over and handed me two pairs of gas props "just because" and one set is the exact props needed to do this DIY.

I wasn't planning on doing it, but hell if I have the gas struts I might as well.
                          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

just did this DIY today. I ended up combining my KA4 and KA6 hood struts to have a more professional-looking ball joint connecting to the hood. I didn't use a tap-and-die set, but I highly recommend you do! It was highly irritating to drill into the hood, then hand-tapping a bolt.

Thanks for the DIY guide!

Last edited by Nurega; 04-11-2010, 06:25 PM.
                            2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

i have some i bought at a local chain parts store brand is strong arm. everytime i close my hood the mounting bracket pivots into my fender and gets bent. its taken off a little paint as well as it rubs into my fender. anyone else have this problem or are these dampers jus cheaply made?
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I'd like to know if anyone has had any rubbing issues after installing these?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X