Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    And this one goes to the sold pile.

It's the right thing to do, but I will definitely miss it.

You better not be replacing it with a mini van or some shit like that.

Edit: I just saw your other thread...another one bites the dust.
    Last edited by Accord R33; 04-19-2016, 02:18 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Oh wow, I didn't see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
        You better not be replacing it with a mini van or some shit like that.

Edit: I just saw your other thread...another one bites the dust.
        Eric! Hope all is well with you.

No, this was not replaced with a minivan. Another one isn't biting the dust. The CX-5 was bought in February, the STi was safely in the garage. I brought it out of hibernation on Saturday and it just hit me that I didn't want it anymore, or at least didn't want it as much as I wanted to see what else was out there.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Oh wow, I didn't see this.
        It's been a longer time coming than I'm willing to admit. It served me well, but it had issues popping up that I just didn't want to sink money into to go through properly. I'm on the hunt for something new, and it will hopefully be everything I want.

Requirements are:
        - RWD
        - Manual
        - Removable roof (Targa / T-Tops / ETC)

Tier I (most likely one of these, in order)
        - 1993-1998 Toyota Supra SE Targa (non-turbo) 5-speed
        - 1990-1995 (1990-1993 perferred) Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 5-speed
        - 1989-1992 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa 5-speed

Tier II (worth driving, most likely not in my real choices)
        - Honda S2000 (like the AP2 wheels more, think the AP1 redline would be more fun) with removable hardtop
        - 1984-1996 Chevy Corvette (Z51 preferred) 5-speed
        - 1990-1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Anything I buy would have to be an owner's fair weather car, since I live in the Northeast, or I'm taking a trip down South to pick one up. My pipe dream is a MkIV Supra simply because I love how they look, how realistic finding one for my budget, who knows. The MkIII Supra has the infamous head gasket issue, also coupled with most of the white ones I've found suffer from a burgundy interior, which is absolutely horrid. The Z32 doesn't have a great reputation when it comes to the ability to wrench on them, but I pretty much love how they look in stock form; make mine blue or black.

The second tier cars are ones that I'm not in love with for one reason or another, but I think I should give a fair shake in terms of driving. I have a soft spot for the early C4 for some reason, even though I know they're not great cars, especially with the Doug Nash 4+3, although I bet it would be a competitive Auto-X car. The S2000 is pretty much perfect, but I'm not a convertible guy. I drove Eric's and thought it was a blast. If they made a targa version, I'd be all in. The MR2 might be entertaining to check out, but I'm not a huge, huge fan of them.

Comment

Sad to see her go Mikey, she was well cared for. Best of luck on the next venture!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
            Sad to see her go Mikey, she was well cared for. Best of luck on the next venture!
            Thanks, Lee. It was fun, but it was time. When you know, you know.

Comment

Eric! Hope all is well with you.

No, this was not replaced with a minivan. Another one isn't biting the dust. The CX-5 was bought in February, the STi was safely in the garage. I brought it out of hibernation on Saturday and it just hit me that I didn't want it anymore, or at least didn't want it as much as I wanted to see what else was out there.

It's been a longer time coming than I'm willing to admit. It served me well, but it had issues popping up that I just didn't want to sink money into to go through properly. I'm on the hunt for something new, and it will hopefully be everything I want.

Requirements are:
              - RWD
              - Manual

- Honda S2000 (like the AP2 wheels more, think the AP1 redline would be more fun) with removable hardtop

Anything I buy would have to be an owner's fair weather car, since I live in the Northeast, or I'm taking a trip down South to pick one up. My pipe dream is a MkIV Supra simply because I love how they look, how realistic finding one for my budget, who knows. The MkIII Supra has the infamous head gasket issue, also coupled with most of the white ones I've found suffer from a burgundy interior, which is absolutely horrid. The Z32 doesn't have a great reputation when it comes to the ability to wrench on them, but I pretty much love how they look in stock form; make mine blue or black.

The second tier cars are ones that I'm not in love with for one reason or another, but I think I should give a fair shake in terms of driving. I have a soft spot for the early C4 for some reason, even though I know they're not great cars, especially with the Doug Nash 4+3, although I bet it would be a competitive Auto-X car. The S2000 is pretty much perfect, but I'm not a convertible guy. I drove Eric's and thought it was a blast. If they made a targa version, I'd be all in. The MR2 might be entertaining to check out, but I'm not a huge, huge fan of them.
              Well at least there are plans to replace it with something other than an Odyssey. I've seen too many of my past enthusiast friends trading in their fun cars for practicality.

My additions to your list of criteria:

- NSX
              - 911 Targa
              - s2000 with hardtop? I'll sell you mine.

Comment

I personally would go for a 90 or newer vette with the lt1 and the zf 6speed. If you were to go the vette route. I have an 84 that is rated at like 205hp lol. Otherwise I say try for a twin turbo z, I am with you on the styling it doesn't get better.

Comment

Well at least there are plans to replace it with something other than an Odyssey. I've seen too many of my past enthusiast friends trading in their fun cars for practicality.

My additions to your list of criteria:

- NSX
                  - 911 Targa
                  - s2000 with hardtop? I'll sell you mine.
                  You couldn't give me a minivan. I've got my Tacoma for a reliable daily driver. I want something fun! NSX and 911 Targa won't work with my budget, I've already checked. S2000 would be fun, but I do wish it was a targa and not a full convertible. Had it been a targa with a fastback, I'd be game for looking at them.

Comment

Requirements are:
                    - RWD
                    - Manual

Ive posted this before, but out of your entire list, I want an AP1 real bad. Besides falling in love with one when they first came out and then seeing the club racer at the NY auto show, I have always loved the idea and design behind it.

Now that I am older, I want a weekend car but being honest, I just don't have time for a real project. So I want a car that I can just get in, open it up, and enjoy.

I talked at length with Scott about it and the AP1 is definitely the one to go with haha. I think he said its easy to push it too far and they dialed it back some in the AP2 but I need that lol.

As far as your tier 1.....I would personally rock the shit out of a 300ZX. Always loved them. I don't think it gets much better in the design department, they just look mean.

Didn't Danny have a MKIII?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                      Ive posted this before, but out of your entire list, I want an AP1 real bad. Besides falling in love with one when they first came out and then seeing the club racer at the NY auto show, I have always loved the idea and design behind it.

Now that I am older, I want a weekend car but being honest, I just don't have time for a real project. So I want a car that I can just get in, open it up, and enjoy.

I talked at length with Scott about it and the AP1 is definitely the one to go with haha. I think he said its easy to push it too far and they dialed it back some in the AP2 but I need that lol.

As far as your tier 1.....I would personally rock the shit out of a 300ZX. Always loved them. I don't think it gets much better in the design department, they just look mean.

Didn't Danny have a MKIII?
                      I don't have the burning desire to own the AP1/AP2. I can very much appreciate it, and I'm sure I'd love driving it, but I don't think I want to actually own it.

I must be getting old, because that 300ZX does nothing for me. It's too showy, too low.

I think if I find one, it's going to be black on black, or TK3 blue, maybe, maybe a set of wheels and a setup to eliminate some of the wheel gap and some audio.

Realistically, I think it will just be a set of sticky tires, some good tunes and quality parts for maintenance.

Comment

I don't have the burning desire to own the AP1/AP2. I can very much appreciate it, and I'm sure I'd love driving it, but I don't think I want to actually own it.

I must be getting old, because that 300ZX does nothing for me. It's too showy, too low.

I think if I find one, it's going to be black on black, or TK3 blue, maybe, maybe a set of wheels and a setup to eliminate some of the wheel gap and some audio.

Realistically, I think it will just be a set of sticky tires, some good tunes and quality parts for maintenance.

Hey Mike, check this out. http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...hotos-and-info

Comment

I saw that. A new one is outside my budget, but a 1-2 year used one might sit right inside it, depending. I'm trying to track down a Z, but if I don't find one before those come out and hit the used market, I may check that out.

It basically meets all the needs I'm looking for in a replacement, although I wish it had closer to 200 HP than the 150 HP it has.

I wish 308s were still cheap cars. I couldn't afford to maintain it, but it would be fun for the summer. I'd have to grow a mustache though.

Comment

And this one goes to the sold pile.

It's the right thing to do, but I will definitely miss it.
                            Hard to believe we're coming up on a year since I sold this. If I knew how many different vehicles I'd own after I made that post in less than a year, I'd be shocked.

I do think it's so funny in all my back and forth discussions with what I wanted as a replacement, not once did I mention what I ended up buying.

Comment

Working...
                            X