INT : Complete Dash Removal RHD CB3 UKDM Non-Airbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT : Complete Dash Removal RHD CB3 UKDM Non-Airbag

Its about time i did a DIY for this forum. Had this situation come up where i had to remove 2 dashes in a 2 day window, so thought for the 2nd one id take pics of it. There didnt seem to be any DIYs on this so i thought id fill the gap.

This is for any CB, but this one is a RHD CB3 UKDM NON AIRBAGGED ACCORD, but is exactly the same and a LDH version the process is just the same.

Although with only a phone, think the pictures are clear enough for someone who isnt sure on a dash swap to use them.

Tools required:

Cross head screw driver
    Flat head screw driver
    Thin nosed pliers
    19mm socket
    10mm socket
    Extension
    Ratchet
    Magnet for those clumsy screw drops

This was done in 2 hours. Started at 3.30pm there a picture mid way somewhere of the clock. It may be done in less time, i however wasnt planning on scratching or breaking anything, and i was taking pictures.

Start with the steering wheel, pry off the H badge and spin the 19mm nut off.

Then unscrew the 2 screws for the indicator assembly. And unclip the clips. You will be left with just the steering column which does not need to come off.

Remove centre console, and gear stick knob.

Remove the centre vents, drivers vent, buttons, and all screws for the dash trim.

Remove the clock

Remove the dash cluster

Remove the heat controls, keep it dangling though, as it needs disconnecting from the heat matrix later.

Now remove the bolts for the dash, 2 each side, 1 behind the clock and 2 down at the centre by the gear stick, take the centre concole bracket out too, as that gets in the way.

Unclip the lower steering column cover and the big connector.

Unclip the wiring loom arrow head clips, and unclip the heater control cable.

If you have an alarm, unhook that.

Pull the dash out.

Done!

Have a cup of coffee and admire your work.

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

sweey diy

love the true rhd look
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

i'll def be using this when get around to replacing the heater core in my white accord. Thanks for the info
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Excellent DIY Marcus. I can't beleive it's taken this long to get a dash removal DIY on here.

It seems like a daunting job for most, but I've done about 3 or 4 dash pulls/swaps, and it's really not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
          sweet diy

love the true rhd look

Thanks man

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
          i'll def be using this when get around to replacing the heater core in my white accord. Thanks for the info
          No probs glad it can be of some use. Hope you get that white accord heater matrix working.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
          Excellent DIY Marcus. I can't beleive it's taken this long to get a dash removal DIY on here.

It seems like a daunting job for most, but I've done about 3 or 4 dash pulls/swaps, and it's really not that hard.

Cheers man, yeah i was surprised it hadnt been done, i had this worry that someone might snake a DIY in as i was doing the swap lol.

I was expecting major amounts of effort, but it wasnt too bad, no rusty bolts or stuff to work on, nice clean job. Interior work is always less hassle.

Lot of people do wire tucks, this might be useful for them too.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Sweet write up. But you can leave the harness hooked to the dash just unplug the main harnesses.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Excellent write up

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                Excellent write up
                x2 and your speedometer go's to 140!
                Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
                  Sweet write up. But you can leave the harness hooked to the dash just unplug the main harnesses.
                  Thanks man, yeah you can for sure, i had to swap dashes though so needed to disconnect at some point

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                  Excellent write up
                  cheers hope it will useful thats all i ask

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                  x2 and your speedometer go's to 140!
                  Yeah you guys seem to love that, the wagons over here go to 150.....

nah, joke

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Its out of order

You have to remove the center console before the dash bezel

you can even see the dash bezel still in the car in the pictures where you remove the console lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Its out of order

You have to remove the center console before the dash bezel

you can even see the dash bezel still in the car in the pictures where you remove the console lol
                      Just testing you.

Will reorder the console bit, cheers

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

The past few drives I heard my dash squeaking and make a noise over a bump and it had me puzzled. Then yesterday I heard a screw fall from behind the clock area. (face palm!)

My worst fear is taking out my dash, but after reading this thread....., it seems a piece of cake. I should be able to fix my problem easily.

Thanks, great DIY

Comment

I like the humor at the end. lol
                          visit vgruk

Comment

marcus, you can remove 2 bolts and 2 nuts that hold the column, and drop it without taking the steering wheel

you can leave the cluster in, you can also leave the wiring and disconnect the main plugs

great writeup though

i wonder if anyone noted, this car doesnt have A/C
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              The past few drives I heard my dash squeaking and make a noise over a bump and it had me puzzled. Then yesterday I heard a screw fall from behind the clock area. (face palm!)

My worst fear is taking out my dash, but after reading this thread....., it seems a piece of cake. I should be able to fix my problem easily.

Thanks, great DIY
                              Just trying to do something for the forum, its taught me loads, trying to repay back lol hope this helps you

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                              I like the humor at the end. lol
                              Well, always got to have a brew after!

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                              marcus, you can remove 2 bolts and 2 nuts that hold the column, and drop it without taking the steering wheel

you can leave the cluster in, you can also leave the wiring and disconnect the main plugs

great writeup though

i wonder if anyone noted, this car doesnt have A/C
                              Thanks, yep, true I knew there were 2 methods, wheel off or column off, I just went for wheel off

As for the dials, had to do a direct swap fron one car to another, so needed to keep the same dials for mileage reasons.

Yep my silver 91 accord that I resently sold was non AC, but my main blue 93 accord has AC

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                              X