Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a no power

I swapped a jdm h22 into my 1991 accord ex wagon about 8 months ago and it has never really felt like it has the power it should. About 2 months ago I finally read my cel codes and had EGR fault, MAP fault, and CYP fault. I took the map sensor off, checked my wiring and checked voltages to alldata and everything looked good so I put it back together, then I realized that I had wired my CYP sensor backwards in the swap and fixed that, and I left the EGR(i pulled the control solenoid in the swap and need to find my cut wires to fix). So I reset my ecu and was only left with the egr code which i expected, and for the next 2 days it was everything I dreamed of doing my swap, but then went straight back to how it was before, laggy and it feels weaker than my old f-series. Now sometimes it feels alright and sometimes it can only crawl up in rpms. If anyone has any clue on this it would be greatly appreciated, I am sorry for the long post I just wanted to be descriptive. Thanks

I’ve experienced a laggy feeling that was due to a failing o2 sensor. It eventually threw code 43 (fuel supply system, more often indicative of the o2 sensor than anything else). Aside from the things you mentioned, ignition timing, and valve timing, that’s all I’ve got.

Comment

I don’t have an answer, but maybe if you give us the ECU you’re running, the ranges you acquired when doing your diagnostics, and current timing possibly somebody can chime in? If you have access to ALLDATA, I’m going to assume you know how to check for proper o2 signals. If not we can help with that for sure.

Other than swapping a known good distributor I got nada. It’s a weird one.

Comment

Thanks a lot, that will be the first thing I try. I would honestly like to go through and replace all my sensors but oem is just so expensive, have you had any luck with aftermarket o2?

Comment

I am running a p13, and have not checked for proper o2 but will do that this weekend before I replace the sensor. I have been wanting to replace my distributor for a while just to start fresh with it, I have had to replace coil and I know it leaks, but again OEM is so expensive and I have heard mixed things about aftermarket distributors. I am not a mechanic by trade and am capable but still learning a lot. I did the engine swap and 5 speed conversion at the same time and was my first big project.

Comment

What ECU is being used?

Was the fuel filter replaced during the swap, or at least somewhat recently?

Did you perform a compression check on the engine when you got it?
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

As far as the o2 sensor goes, your best bet it to stick with Denso or NTK. Avoid Bosch.
              Get the appropriate sensor for your car’s year and trim. That way, it’ll plug right in with no modification. Assuming you haven’t already cut your wiring. You want to avoid modifying the o2 sensor harness if at all possible.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will be replacing fuel filter, o2 sensor, plugs and wires, air filter, and possibly map sensor I will let you know if anything changes.

Comment

You’re just throwing parts at it hoping for a fix. Give us your timing and diagnostic specs from the sensors and o2 fluctuations.

Comment

Aside from the MAP sensor, all those other parts are things that require routine replacement, anyway. His willingness to replace them now would likely insinuate that they were not done at the time of the swap. So even if the car is seemingly in top shape, those parts are worth replacing.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yea they are all things I have been meaning to do and just reaffirmed from what people said on here, and I am thinking about the MAP because I did have a code, and even though it went away after measuring voltages on it I am still wary of it. I can't remember the exact numbers but something that was supposed to be around 3.0 volts was around 2.8 on mine and I wasn't sure how close it needs to be. Does anyone know if that voltage drops as the sensor wears or is it an all or nothing type thing?

Comment

Normally I’d agree on the “throwing parts at it” criticism, but it’s very true that all of these things are wear items that should’ve been replaced with the swap. At the very least, replacing them will greatly decrease the pool of possible culprits, should the problem persist.

Comment

Also I don't know how to check o2 signals or really have any sort of diagnosing equipment other than a bent paperclip haha

Comment

Did you correctly calibrate the TPS after you did the swap?
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

I’ll get you MAP specs and a troubleshooting tree if I can find one. I’m extremely busy at work lately so it may take a few days.

Please don’t take the throwing parts thing in a Richard type of way, I just want to help you fix the actual problem. Im all for the tune up, but let me find a tree before you replace the MAP sensor.

Comment

Working...
                              X