No announcement yet.

G23/g22 vtec swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, question. What would one gain using the H23 block, rods, and crank over using the H22 block with the H23 rods and crank?

Comment

/)-

Nothing dude. There are NO differences between the H blocks besides what I explained in your thread.

This thread is COMPLETELY different than what you are trying to do. This thread involves an F block with an H head.

Putting an H22 head on any other block(without changing pistons) lowers the compression because the H22 head has the biggest combustion chamber out of any other head, which means it will lower compression.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

like jose said^^ lol. If your thinking your going to gain just because the little bigger displacement, you won't. I really don't see why you would use a h23 stock block over a h22 if you have access to one for cheap, because I wouldn't rev a h23 high myself, I was scared taking mine to 7000 on occasion which was probably the cause of it spinning a rod bearing later down the road too. If your planning to build them, like jose said they are the same setup, neither is stronger than the other. Its cheaper to build a f22 than deal with the FRM sleeve blocks, hence the hype for G setups
        Previous cb7members ride thread
        86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

FRM blocks are just as strong as iron sleeves.

And I spin my h23vtec to 8k just fine. Been going on 20k miles now.

The .1 bump in displacement makes a big difference, believe it or not. How many other straight H22's have you seen put out over 170ft/lbs?

Comment

is that what your running now? i thought you were using an f22 bottom end. Your spinning it that high on stock internals jose?

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
              is that what your running now? i thought you were using an f22 bottom end. Your spinning it that high on stock internals jose?
              Full h22 block/head with F22 crank and rods.

yes, I rev to 8k all the time. 20k miles on it now.

Comment

good stuff, oem bearings as well or acl? Only asking cuz i'm tempted to pick up another eg hatch for a n/a setup

Comment

I posted that in here before in my thread. Im just trying to do my homework.

Comment

everyone and their mommas is doing g23/22 hybrid swaps....fuck i feel left out....

Heart and Brain Transplant fail I had to pull the plug

My new best FRIEND!!!

Comment

i have been wanting to do a h22 head on h23 block, but other ppl keep telling me all these negitive things such as the motor will give sooner, and saying that its not worth it. i really need to kno, is it true about how the motor might blow, if so im sure there something you can do about it..
                      1992 Accord EX

Comment

not true, your setup lasts for as long as you take care of it, and how well its put together. d112crzy aka jose is running on a h23 vtec setup

Comment

well i also heard the h23 block isnt as dependable as an f23....i super strongly suggest you use a f23 block, i guess its the shit for boost!!

Heart and Brain Transplant fail I had to pull the plug

My new best FRIEND!!!

Comment

Wow it's been so long, crazy this thread is still here. I remember all the trials and tribulations getting this setup right and working like it should lol. I miss having a cb7, my wife even said she missed my accord the other day too lol. I'm in a swapped/built ej coupe now, but thinking about moving over to the muscle car world here soon. Feeling too old for Hondas these days

Comment

Nice to see you around again!
                              I got myself a CTS-V, and my CB7 was destroyed by a junkie last December. The CB7 is still one of the best cars I ever owned, though. Muscle is nice (as is my gutless go-kart of a Miata), but the CB offered something that no other car I've ever owned has been able to match. I'll definitely be getting another one someday.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Nice to see you around again!
                                I got myself a CTS-V, and my CB7 was destroyed by a junkie last December. The CB7 is still one of the best cars I ever owned, though. Muscle is nice (as is my gutless go-kart of a Miata), but the CB offered something that no other car I've ever owned has been able to match. I'll definitely be getting another one someday.
                                Hey Deevergote you still lurking around man??

Comment

Working...
                                X