Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
    WOT = Wide Open Throttle.

It's not going to be extremely loud at low rpms. You have to understand, the more power you want, the more air you have to move, the more air you move, the louder it's going to be. It's up to you where you sacrifice power gains for a quiet car.
    very tru . thanks once again , well it ordered and on its way so lets see how it werks out ..

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

what about f22a6

Comment

Originally posted by thguyonthecouch View Post
        what about f22a6
        What about f22a6?

Read this thread, then if you have any questions, ask specific questions. It will make things easier for everyone.

Comment

The majority of the gains for the F22A1 are converting it to the F22A6. If you actually read the thread, instead of just whoring for posts, you'd know that.

The H23 intake manifold can be used for some gains on the F22A6.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            The H23 intake manifold can be used for some gains on the F22A6.
            I believe the F22A4 header will provide gains as well.
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

That has yet to be determined. The material that the A4 header is made of is better (tubular steel rather than cast iron), but the design of the two manifolds is similar. The A4 header will give about 5hp to an F22A1. I doubt it'd give that much to an F22A6. Maybe 1-2hp, if any.

Comment

The A6 loves the upper plenum from the H series along with the throttle body.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

new member f22a6

i have an f22a6 motor what would be my horsepower rating stock, i/h/e what would that lead me to horsepower wise? anything else that would add horsepower over and above the i/h/e?

Comment

also

would like to add that my car has only 27,000 miles on it so my motor and everything else is fresh in the car

Comment

Originally posted by nauticaboi9486 View Post
                      i have an f22a6 motor what would be my horsepower rating stock, i/h/e what would that lead me to horsepower wise? anything else that would add horsepower over and above the i/h/e?
                      Stock you have 140 at the crank, not at the wheels. IHE can give you between 10-20 hp, if you're lucky. After that, a cam, port and polish, N2O, turbo.

Low mileage can have it's own set of issues, seals dry out, rubber rots, plastic s crumble because nothing gets used over the years.

Comment

with regrind

with the regrind from bisimoto the basic cam that they offer what else would i have to do after i regrind the cam? is there anything that i should purchase with the regrind?

Comment

Would you go with the p12 ecu instead of the f22a6 ecu? (having the hardest time finding a p12)
                          p12 on sale:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post2245646
                          Bisimoto Heat-shielding Intake Manifold Gasket and Rear Engine Motor Mount for sale:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...95#post2246795

Comment

I've been thinking...with all the work hondafan81 did on his red...he only made what...150whp? all these mods here are only going to get you 150 hp at the crank yes?
                            ____

Comment

150 WHP is roughly 180 at the crank. Not bad at all

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                                I've been thinking...with all the work hondafan81 did on his red...he only made what...150whp? all these mods here are only going to get you 150 hp at the crank yes?
                                The mods listed here will pretty much give you an F22A6 with an H23 intake manifold. Nowhere near 150whp. 130whp MAYBE. On a healthy engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X