Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best Way Lower Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way Lower Stance

How should I lower My DX Cb7, Coil, Cut Stock Spring and or camber kit?

your car man. Don’t cut your springs.

Comment

Buy quality components from genuine suspension companies, not knockoff garbage. Your life rides on your suspension.

Comment

Go air.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

At first I was like “eh another one of these”

Then I read it twice and noticed you may think camber kits lower your car. If this is the case, don’t touch your car.

If not, Deevergote.

Comment

Wait...

you registered over five years ago, and you are just now posting for the first time?

Odd...

Anyway, check through our suspension section from the main forum page, please, before you do anything. There are many more options than just "coil," "cut stock spring," or "camber kit".
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I have had the Form and Function V1 coilovers I got on ebay on my cb9 for 5 years now and I still love them. At the time they were the absolute cheapest coilover I could get and was a bit skeptical at first but it was like a night and day difference. Fairly stiff, but not like break your back over bumps stiff. (And I sit in a carbon kevlar bucket with 1 inch of padding.) Had no problems outpacing my friends s2000 around corners. So if I were you, I would save up for some coilovers at the least. Probably want to get adjustable upper ball joints for the front, most of the other means I have seen of adjusting camber are either to bulky or just plain junk. Also adjustable upper control arm in the rear. I have the Megan Racing ones, I have had to replace once in the 5 years because the bushings wore out, but all in all they aren't to horrible. Last but not least, get it aligned. I know excessive negative camber can look cool sometimes but bottom line is it reduces the contact patch on the road, thus reducing performance, and also wears the tires out way to fast. Well, that's my 2 cents anyway.

Comment

This kid hasn’t logged on since posting this question.

Honestly, I feel fully adjustable coilovers are far more than the average enthusiast needs. For track use, if you have the tools and knowledge to dial them in correctly, sure. For a street car that might see an occasional autocross event, not so much. There’s a lot of adjustment capability that can result in sub-par performance in the hands of, say, someone that has difficulty manipulating a keyboard. Additionally, most full coilovers on the market for the CB are not engineered, manufactured, or tested by genuine suspension companies. F&F is included among those, though their products do seem to be better than their direct competition. Some of the really cheap stuff, like EMUSA, is downright dangerous. Especially for a car that is going to see street use.
                Personally, I’d rather have a set of Koni Sport shocks and H&R springs for casual competition use. Those components are far better designed than pretty much any full coilover on the market for this platform. At least in the sub-$1,000 range.

Comment

Hey Mike, do you limit the number of profiles an IP address can have?
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

No. I looked into it once, but it’s too easy to switch IP addresses. Most people are in dynamic IPs now as it is! Do you suspect a troll?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      No. I looked into it once, but it’s too easy to switch IP addresses. Most people are in dynamic IPs now as it is! Do you suspect a troll?
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm only saying that cost vs performance, F&F's were the best bang for the buck. The v1 are non adjustable dampening, only ride height, and as long as you don't mess with the spring pre-load they are just fine. It would have costed me roughly the same amount to put, let's say some Koni's and some Eibach springs or whatever. And I have tested them, for over 5 years, in Ohio. It was daily driven year round, through all of the salt in the winter, and I was never easy on them, and have had 0 issues. And as far as recommending a shock/ spring combo for someone to do in their driveway, I could see someone trying to blast that top nut off before compressing the spring and really getting hurt if they don't know what they are doing. Stuff like the F&F's come pre-assembled, just toss them and and adjust height from there. But hey, maybe it's more of an apples to oranges thing, to each their own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Personally, I’d rather have a set of Koni Sport shocks and H&R springs for casual competition use. Those components are far better designed than pretty much any full coilover on the market for this platform. At least in the sub-$1,000 range.
                          Totally agree. I run H&R race springs and Bilstein sports on my CB7 race car and my BMW track car. They've always worked great.

I also run the same combo on most of my street cars

Comment

I’ve always wanted to try bilsteins. Apparently they’re a better product than Koni.

Comment

All I can say is go with something that doesn't have a super stiff spring rate.
                              My brother's Civic Hatch has some Yonaka coilovers with a very stiff spring rate
                              & the smallest bump in the road makes it seems like you are off-roading lol.

& I think it personally sounds painful when you hit bumps lol, like I feel bad
                              for the rest of the car.
                              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                              X