What master cylinder fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What he said ^

90-91 dx/lx/ex have the same MC cause the ex doesnt have abs. Me and my dad changed out my booster and it took like 30 minutes, didnt have to take the manifold off.

I was going to do the EX mc swap, but then i ordered the wrong one(lx) so i couldnt get it done, not to mention i didnt have the right booster anyways. But my Lx mc still locks up all 4s and it brakes great. Unless you need to replace both i wouldnt bother. Its not like your racing or anything.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

^Prelude line with the required fitting (ABS equipped accord will work as well) The actual line is not necessary but when at the junkyard just cut the line off for the fitting, you can seperate them later at home or whatever.

^Factory line with fitting cut off

^Finished line, bigger fitting in place and ready to bolt straight in.

^Another angle finished

^One more pic with it finished

^Finished product- Take note how close the booster is to the throttle cable and upper part of the cowl, this thing is alot larger than the non-abs accord ones are, and add alot of braking force (Larger diaphram will push harder than a smaller one). Go look at the gap between your throttle cable and cowl and you will get an idea how much larger it is.

I'm working on making a few of these lines if I get a chance and it will make this swap very easy (This is the hardest part IMO). I'm helping another memeber on the board do this swap very soon so if I have time I'll take some pics and write up a diy if no one else has by then.

L8r
      Last edited by bjaccord; 07-21-2006, 07:12 PM.
      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
      01-01-2019

Comment

awesome
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Nice job bjaccord! How do you do it? Do you have to weld it on or something?

Plz clear out your PM box bro, I'm really hoping that you could help me out on this..Thanks!

Ronald
          Last edited by Ronald_Type-R; 07-18-2006, 01:48 AM.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Ronald, pm box emptied and email replied to.

Also, there is no welding required, and should never be done on brake lines.
            L8r
            01-01-2019

Comment

BUMP

Finished product pictures added up top. Finaly had a minute to get this one done. This is not for my car, I just did the flaring for someone elses 91'

Ronald (And others), I should have the custom braided SS ones finished up over the weekend, I'll post up pics of those as well when I get a time to button them up.

L8r all
              01-01-2019

Comment

Suhweeet!! Thanks bro!

Jus let me kno once you have 'em in your hands, and I'll paypal you the money after we figure out the total cost for everything Can't wait!! My EX ABS BMC and booster are comin in next week hohoho this brake line is the only thing left I need to buy before I can finish my whole project..Thanks again Brady!!

Oh and that hybrid brake line looks gooood hehe nice job man

Ronald

Comment

Should be tomorrow. I'm going to the track to get some runs in around 2pm so if I have them before that, I'll post up some pics then, if not I'll be home around 11pm (eastern time) and get them up then. Only thing I want to do is test fit them on my car before I ship them out to make sure all is good. Worst case scenario I'm out 65 bux. (I had two made, so if it works, I'll use one, and sell one to you, Ronald) If thats the case, I'll try and make you one like pictured above. Just need a lude or abs accord fitting as I have one more non-abs accord line laying around already.

If this works well I'm gonna make some braided clutch lines as well.

L8r
                  01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                    Jus let me kno once you have 'em in your hands, and I'll paypal you the money after we figure out the total cost for everything Can't wait!! this brake line is the only thing left I need to buy before I can finish my whole project.
                    Ditto
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

DON'T send any money yet, I still want to test fit them (Make sure the fitting's are the right thread pitch and that the line's are not to short or to long), and then I'll send out one line to one of you and have you test it to make sure all is good. I think they will work just fine, but I don't want to take any chances when it come to the brake sytem.

The line is a pre-made brake line with universal ends on it, then I got two adapter fittings that should go right onto our cars. If this works I'll be able to offer them for about 45 shipped (The line and fittings were 34.89, plus shipping and a dollar or so to cover gas money to drive down to the shop).

Let me know who's interested in being a tester. I would like someone decently knowledgeable in brake systems (Knows how to correctly bleed the entire system and such) to do the testing.

Please PM me if your interested.

L8r
                      01-01-2019

Comment

I'll do it Brady

Plz test it out first tho, make sure it's not too long or too short hehehe..

I guess as long as the fittings are bolt on right, and the line is not leaking, thennn that's all that matters right?

$45 shipped sounds good to me man..Oorr if shipping to Canada costs more, then I'll pay more hehe..Lemme kno when and I'll paypal you the money Thanks bro!

Ronald

Comment

Alright, your the official tester then. I'll let you know when I get a minute to test them (I've got a spare 'Lude master cylinder laying around I can test it on). then hold it up in my car and we'll be good to go.

I'll post up with the results as soon as I can, but I'm off to the track right now.

L8r all
                          01-01-2019

Comment

Well, I just went and held it up against the factory line in my car and it will reach just fine. Now when I get over to my buddies garage I'll make sure it all threads in and I'll be ready to take payment and ship it out (Hopefully ship it by Tuesday). L8r
                            01-01-2019

Comment

ive been saving a lude m/c and the proper fittings for the longest time, but now that its all pulled out, i get the opportunity to finally install it! ill be doing the same as you, slide the fitting on and flare the end, viola

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

If anyone ever comes up with any prelude or accord abs fittings let me know, I'll pay for shipping to get them, and I can make some of the other kind that look factory. L8r
                                01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                                X