No announcement yet.

What master cylinder fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be happy to be the tester too. Or at least I might buy something from you. I don't see myself doing any flaring.
    I'm going to hit some junkyards Monday. I'll see what I find. What's a good way to cut a brake line without power tools?
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Best way is a pair of dykes (The new proper term is side cutter, some people get offended by dyke).

Just snip off the line right after the fitting, then slide a 12mm socket or closed end wrench on there and remove it. If you have a 12mm line wrench you can use that as well.

Then get an accord line and I can make one.

L8r
      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
      01-01-2019

Comment

So to make non-abs lines work on an ABS MC, you need to use the fitting off the ABS line closest to the firewall. You found 2 methods, using a ss braided line with universal fittings, or modifying the stock non-abs line with an ABs fitting? Which would you say is better? If I had to guess, the hardline modified stock one would be. I'd be interested in buying one of those from you, my ABS has gone bad and I'm tossing it but still wanna keep my 1" ABS MC.

Comment

I really don't see any problems with the braided line other than looks (Some people would prefer the oem look). Heres a couple pics I snapped last night of everything on a prelude MC

^The oem looking one vs braided

I'll be sending this line off to RonaldtypeR this week so as soon as he gets back to me that all is 100% good to go I will be able to get these whenever. Takes about a week to get the parts together. L8r all
          01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
            So to make non-abs lines work on an ABS MC, you need to use the fitting off the ABS line closest to the firewall. You found 2 methods, using a ss braided line with universal fittings, or modifying the stock non-abs line with an ABs fitting? Which would you say is better? If I had to guess, the hardline modified stock one would be. I'd be interested in buying one of those from you, my ABS has gone bad and I'm tossing it but still wanna keep my 1" ABS MC.
            I've been thinking hard this past week on whether or not I should test out this custom braided line..I kept thinking that OEM hard line vs. braided line, the SS line will flex on me, since it's not as 'solid' as the OEM hard line...

But thenn..If that is the case, thenn why would they make SS brake lines? Hehe my second concern was the size of the braided line..It's definitely bigger than the OEM hard line..(Well, looks beefier n e wayz)..N then it got me thinking...Would I have enuf pressure by using a bigger line? But then I thought of it some more, and I figured..I guess it won't make much difference at all, except the fact that it will need a tiny bit more brake fluid to fill up the extra volume..Soo after proper bleeding, I shouldn't have any problem with this braided line at all..

And personally, I like the look of the braided line A LOT more than the OEM hard lines hehehe more bling factor yow! If this works out well, I wouldn't mind getting another braided line made to replace the other OEM hardline, and maybe for clutch line too? Hehehe we'll see..

N e wayz..I'll let y'all kno how it works out after I install it on my car

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Any update on those lines? I have a spare line and 2 fittings ready to be put together for my EX MC and booster.
              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

ronald - with hydraulics, it doesnt matter about moving/bending, the only thing that affects how it works is expansion of the lines. hardlines and braided lines will not expand under pressure. replacing a hard line with braided doesnt give any benefit, besides being able to custom things/runs/fittings/etc. braided brake line kits replace just the rubber sections of lines in the wheel wells, because they expand a bit under hard braking, reducing output pressure at the calipers, leading to weaker braking.

just as an update, i have my 1" prelude MC and non-ABS lines installed, its stiff, responsive, and feels great! the $25 autozone flaring tool that i had wouldnt fit around the curved hardline, so i had to straighten out the first 180° bend, flare the new fitting on (i cut the old one off by dremelling off a couple millimeters of the flared tip), and curved the line back (use one of the handheld tools, doing it freehand will kink the line). went all back in just like stock, works perfectly. still, flaring by hand is a pain in the neck and it also costs money for the tool. itd be easier to buy one of bj's lines...
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-30-2006, 05:22 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

www.summitracing.com

AER-FBM2239 10mm-4an adapter-$10.00
                  EAR-9919BFEERL 12mm-4an adapter-$10.00
                  EAR-64191912ERL-4an braided line-$15.00

Thats all you need.

And if you wanted to do both lines (Mainly for looks) Just order 3 10mm-4an fittings, 1 12mm-4an fitting and 2 4an lines, and your done.

L8r all
                  01-01-2019

Comment

Revival!

Ronald, how did it all work out? Are you happy with the performance of the SS braided line from you MC? I was thinking of doing this mod. Any tips?

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Couldn't be happier! I was a bit scared at first, 'coz a lot of ppl told me that the fittings would leak...BUT! Decided to ignore them and installed them anyways, and guess what..NO leak! But now I wish that I replaced both lines with SS lines hehehe but by the time I thought of it, everything was already bled properly..But yeah, mainly for looks tho..Don't think it'd make a difference between hard line and SS line....Rubber line, maybe...But not hard line The only reason I went the SS line route is because the ABS MC uses a different fitting for one of the outlet..

Hope that helps bro! And ya gotta remember, changing those lines mean bleeding the whole braking system!!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                        Couldn't be happier! I was a bit scared at first, 'coz a lot of ppl told me that the fittings would leak...BUT! Decided to ignore them and installed them anyways, and guess what..NO leak! But now I wish that I replaced both lines with SS lines hehehe but by the time I thought of it, everything was already bled properly..But yeah, mainly for looks tho..Don't think it'd make a difference between hard line and SS line....Rubber line, maybe...But not hard line The only reason I went the SS line route is because the ABS MC uses a different fitting for one of the outlet..

Hope that helps bro! And ya gotta remember, changing those lines mean bleeding the whole braking system!!

Ronald

Very glad to hear the lines are still working for you, since my car is still in 10,000 pieces I've been looking into many other options for brake related stuff. The braided lines offer so many possibilty's with custom setups that they just make good sense.
                        01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                        X