Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Door speaker suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door speaker suggestions

Does anyone havve suggestions for good, clean sounding, door speakers for a 92 EX with the pastic baffles? I believe they are 4 in but the duals i looked at were poorer quality and had to be cut to fit. Any help would be appreciated

Well any decent speaker will either have a decent sized magnet, or have to be shallow mount. I suggest you order some speakers online, like at sonicelectronix or amazon or something like that and go with speakers that have good reviews. Or if not, go to best buy, find a speaker you like, and shop for it online. It'll probably, be cheaper. Also, measure how deep the baffle goes in, and when looking for speakers, make sure the mounting depth does not exceed that. As for brand, walmart brands usually suck, I like alpine, but they're pretty expensive(well mine were a gift) other than that, don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Comment

Ok I'm glad someone else asked I was going to just check myself probly still will. But I have a 92 usdm ex. This should have 4" speakers in the front doors right? Because I ordered some from amazon that were shallow mount. But then I was like.. Wait... And I checked and searched on here and like at cruchfield too for size and all I got was 5 1/4", 6 1/2", 4". and I know I have 6x9 in the rear because I upgraded. So without having to make a new baffle our anything what size speaker do I need for the front? Because I cancelled my order

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
        Ok I'm glad someone else asked I was going to just check myself probly still will. But I have a 92 usdm ex. This should have 4" speakers in the front doors right? Because I ordered some from amazon that were shallow mount. But then I was like.. Wait... And I checked and searched on here and like at cruchfield too for size and all I got was 5 1/4", 6 1/2", 4". and I know I have 6x9 in the rear because I upgraded. So without having to make a new baffle our anything what size speaker do I need for the front? Because I cancelled my order
        I suggest taking off your door panel and looking just to make sure.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

My 91 Coupe LX has 6.5" infinity references (shallow mount) mounted in them. They are fantastic imo. Like already suggested you should remove the door panel and check what size you actually have. In the event you have small speakers you can always see about grabbing door panels that have the larger speakers. Either that or you might have to do some customization to your current panels.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CJIBEPMCMAM

I'd say your best bet. had those in my 91 lx, had to cut out the plastic to make them fit, but it wasnt a problem, really easy installation. i also wasnt able to fit the grill that came on them, but assuming your keeping the door panel grill it wont even matter.

Originally posted by wed3k
            are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

I am currently running kenwoods all around. 6x9s in the rear and 6x1/2s in the front and am very much happy with the sound output I am getting and even happier with the bass output in the rear.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Iam running Memphis pr 3 ways in my doors off a alpine amp. They are andcrisp and clear

Comment

it really comes down to personal preference you might have to buy a few different speakers before you can say thats the one

Comment

when i had my accord, i was running Alpine Type S components infront and 6x9s in back (i had a 92 coupe ex)

IMO type s's are some of the cleanest sounding, best bangs for the buck.

Comment

I've always been a big fan of Eclipse everything.

But then I also tear the stereo out of most cars. Motor sounds are better than anything.
                      -Ian

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
                        when i had my accord, i was running Alpine Type S components infront and 6x9s in back (i had a 92 coupe ex)

IMO type s's are some of the cleanest sounding, best bangs for the buck.
                        type s are a good alternative to the type r's. either way i would highly suggest having an amp behind any aftermarket speakers if you want the full potential of the sound. also tweeters never hurt anyone. thats why i suggested the type r link in my earlier post. you get the crossovers 2 speakers and 2 tweeters. btw do you have any current aftermarket stereo equipment installed in the car?

Originally posted by wed3k
                        are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

My grl just bought me the JBL power series 2- 6x9" for the rear, 2- 6-1/2" for the front for my birthday. Going to install them this weekend

I would just go to a store and check them out. Your taste might be different from my taste. I chose JBL cause my dad has them in his camaro and they rock you get clean sound with a deep bass.

Comment

Make sure your Amp/Radio are also in good working order. I had a old radio in my CB that made the infinity door speakers sound pathetic...I learned that the best speaker set in the world wouldn't sound good if it's got a sh!tty amp/radio to start with...just keep that in mind too.
                            Last edited by ssondubs; 04-13-2012, 06:46 PM.
                            1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by ssondubs View Post
                              Make sure your Amp/Radio are also in good working order. I had a old radio in CB that made the infinity door speakers sound pathetic...I learned that the best speaker set in the world wouldn't sound good if it's got a sh!tty amp/radio to start with...just keep that in mind too.
                              Good point without a good radio and amp your speakers are will be crapped at a certain volume.

Comment

Working...
                              X