No announcement yet.

My n/a H22a video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not uncommon to see stock block H2b's in the low-mid 11's.

Heres the link go to page 11 for mods list and time slip, also IIRC videos can be found on youtube under J. Mills. Car is now currently strictly track and boosted.
    http://www.carolinahondas.com/s-p-tu...page-11-a.html

Heres another stock block H2b.
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3005525

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

quite possible that flat faced valves and milled head would have the 250hp guy around 11.5:1.

which is 2 points above the op's.

I still wouldn't do it on stock compression and I'm willing to bet those stock block guys have much higher static compression then stock.

love it or hate it those are serious cams. that I would not recommend to someone who was not interested in upping static compression.

in fact I wouldn't recommend them to someone who isn't looking for at least 12:1 static.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Like it or not it's common and has been done on stock block H22a block's with success.

OP didn't ask for recommendation's. You told him basically to switch cam's because of his compression. And more or less hinted he couldn't have success with the pro1's on stock CR which is false. If anything he needs other supporting bolt on's, but his cam's are fine for making usable streetable power.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

sure.

I told the op he would make more power on his current setup with tuners, I didn't say sell your pro1's.

I still maintain this is true. every person with those cams making power on "stock block" are probably increasing compression via milling and flat valves, I cannot verify this because none of them list it.

also they are running 330cfm heads from rlz/ccc which I believe is their full race port. with this flow you will apparently get great results even with lower compression ratio. of that I was unaware, mainly because I don't want a full race port that is only good for a few thousand miles before needing new guides.

if the op is planning on getting that kind of head work then sure they obviously work. if not I stand by my original comment that higher compression should be used on those cams.

arguing over the internet is stupid, especially over other peoples setups.

I only posted in this thread because the op has numbers lower then I thought he should so I was trying to help him.

your recommendation seems to be race port and bolt ons, mine is higher compression. I don't care what the op does its not my setup.

on a happier note it is good to see those numbers on h series. it is indeed too bad ccc doesn't port anymore.

/done arguing

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Wasn't arguing ha, i was simply proven a point. You ask for the link...... i provided two and can probably find more. With any cam(s) or ugrade you are very likely to sacrifice something.

I think the OP can find more power with a few good bolt on's and a great tuner that's used to hondas. Hell i've see bolt H's make 200whp+ then again same tuner i've seen lower numbers.
            Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 09-23-2012, 06:07 PM.

02 Crv

Comment

Remember these runs are with stock header, stock cat, and 60mm exhaust.

Once I get my header in, exhaust, and retune I will surpass the goal of 200whp on this little head build I have going. I also am seeing what kind of tq numbers for this application I could get. We'll see...
              Last edited by Smiley_cb7; 09-23-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                This is not true, it depends on engagement rpm exhaust engine mods, including cams, basically everything engine related.

Here is an h22 engaging vtec at about 4000 rpm

Click The image

How would all h22 magically sound the same regardless of mods?
                i meant under similar conditions.. meaning the average user here has a stock h22 or with intake and exhaust mods. So yes they usually sound the same. :\
                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                Originally posted by deevergote
                den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                Originally posted by deevergote
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

I love the vtec too badmivec doesnt pop like that yo lol

Comment

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...4/MOV04962.mp4
                    I think my vtec cracks kind of hard , at least for a single cam

Comment

A video from today's session

Comment

nice numbers bro

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714 View Post
                          http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...4/MOV04962.mp4
                          I think my vtec cracks kind of hard , at least for a single cam
                          mine too, lol

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

^ She's quick Is that a recent vid? On e85?

What tranny you using?

Comment

Nothing wrong with pro1's on a stock bottom. A very streetable and powerful camshaft that can be utilized in so many engines, even stock bottom ends. Compression isn't everything.
                              www.850fab.com
                              IG - @850Fab
                              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
                                ^ She's quick Is that a recent vid? On e85?

What tranny you using?
                                that is 190whp vid on 93 octane and it is a stock M2S4. if you are familiar with it the gears are fairly tall as h-series transmissions go and im shifting at 7200. she does go through the gears pretty quick. i would love to see a vid like this with yours.

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                                Compression isn't everything.
                                that's exactly what i keep telling everyone on this k20a2 piston/f23 block thing.
                                i make 206whp on a superflow using 93 octane pump gas and 219whp on e85 with 9.7:1 compression while one guy over on honda-tech barely made 194whp with k20a2 pistons (12.3:1) and e85 through a b-series trans (5% less parasitic loss).

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Working...
                                X