No announcement yet.

What makes a man a "Man"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 'MAN' takes responsibility for his actions and the success or consequences that follow.

A 'MAN' is someone who is truthful and respectful to himself and to others.

A 'MAN' is someone who doesn't abuse power, but uses it to help others.

A 'MAN' is someone who can stand tall and earn a living while supporting his family (even if he is a stay at home dad, a CEO raking in the dollars, or even in between).

A 'MAN' is someone who can accept positive change while recognizing that the world is a diverse place, all the while learning from his life experiences to pass on to the 'YOUNGER MAN'.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 11-06-2009, 07:38 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

What I've told both my sons is that I strive to be honest, have integrity, show responsibility both in my words and actions, take responsibility for my actions, realize that life isn't always serious, you have to learn to enjoy it. I try to represent myself in the best possible manner and in general act in a way that would make my grandparents proud of me.

Comment

It's a combination of many things. How a person reacts to certain situations, how a person handles themselves under stress, how a person lives their life, how a person forms relationships, their level of thinking and processing.

You can't just look at someone and think "well he is a car owner so he must be a man". A freaking 16 year old can buy a car.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
          you mean second

disrespect females, acquire currency.
          sig quoted

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
            you mean second

a man never lost women chasing money, but a man always loses money chasing women.

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
              a man never lost women chasing money, but a man always loses money chasing women.
              Nas, He writes that realness!

matter of fact I'm going to listen to that song right now.

=p

Comment

being able to be honest to yourself as much as anyone else.
                If a man can accept himself for what he really is and doesn't pretend to be something else, then there isn't really much else you can expect from him.

You don't have to be able to defend your family to be a man. An amputee that lost his legs in Nam but still plays basketball and live life to the fullest is a man because he isn't drowning in the sorrow of an injury or acting like life is over. He may not be able to defend his family from harm as much as you and I.

Comment

Help paying your parents pay the bills, does that count ?

if you are caring, can be emotionally Attached ( like crying ), live and substain by youself with no help, and help family or friends if they need it,[ but also can say "no" to a limit ], responsible, and make no excuses.

I personally think that what would require for me to call you a man. All the rest like shooting a deer are optional.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                  -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

u seem to know all about his manliness.
                    Yes i do. Real men can sense other real men's manliness.

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                    A 'MAN' takes responsibility for his actions and the success or consequences that follow.

A 'MAN' is someone who is truthful and respectful to himself and to others.

A 'MAN' is someone who doesn't abuse power, but use it to help others.

A 'MAN' is someone who can stand tall and earn a living while supporting his family (even if he is a stay at home dad, a CEO raking in the dollars, or even in between).

A 'MAN' is someone who can accept positive change while recognizing that the world is a diverse place, all the while learning from his life experiences to pass on to the 'YOUNGER MAN'.
                    Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                    What I've told both my sons is that I strive to be honest, have integrity, show responsibility both in my words and actions, take responsibility for my actions, realize that life isn't always serious, you have to learn to enjoy it. I try to represent myself in the best possible manner and in general act in a way that would make my grandparents proud of me.
                    All good responses. Thats the stuff im talking about.

Originally posted by Juice21 View Post
                    sig quoted
                    But Deev already......nevermind.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                      But Deev already......nevermind.
                      except i changed it to disrespect on account of mak being something something.
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Oh ye Papa! mire aquí

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...ostcount=30671

Note the date. I been saying that ish Maaaaaaaaaannnnn.

Comment

Yes i do. Real men can sense other real men's manliness.
                          That's true. I've been told that the aroma of nuts fills the air when I walk into a room.

=p

Comment

I also think jhoff is onto something, albeit strange; i think being able to shower in an open shower with other men is one of those "manly" things. Not on the side of sexual preference, but as kids we grow up thinking how weird or awkward it would be to shower around other naked men. Thats probably a whole other topic, but still. Doing so, in confidence, and without it effecting your routine is something id put on the list as well. May not be something i >want< to do, but i think id be confident enough to do so.
                            i guess ive been a man since like 12 or 13

Comment

I think straight success got it...
                              just keep your word and be responsible... be a good role model... I think that pretty much does it.

I mean think about it all those things are things we respect therefore a real man commands respect because if you didn't respect the man then he wouldn't be a man in your eyes at all.

Comment

A MAN abides by the "Noshavember" law.

1999 BMW M3
                                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                                X