Safelite Auto Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safelite Auto Glass

Is this a joke? I just went to a Safelite today to have my xB’s windshield replaced. Was told I’d get a call when the job was done. No call, got an email a few hours later. Went to see Venom & get some lunch while we waited.

Go back to the shop, and the car is sitting out front in the rain? There were black stains all over the outside a-pillars from sealant, my dash was scratched to shit, and my a-pillar cover inside was scratched to shit.

Here’s the good part. Wife drives about a mile, and then notices excessive wind noise & what do you know? Water coming in! Radio is borked, which somehow messed up her phone. She plugged it in, and now the sound is terrible when she calls me & I can only hear her on speaker.

If anything else is messed up, I don’t even know. I’m pissed and I’m NOT wanting to have a claim that requires replacing all the electronics behind the dashboard - that will essentially total the car. (AC controls/blower/BCM/airbags/etc.)This is my wife’s daily, and she is sentimental about the car, so it’s not cool.

I’m being polite with these guys , but seriously... This is the most unacceptable thing I’ve ever dealt with in the auto industry. Sloppy shitty work.. Safelite off Jimmy Carter - don’t use them if you’re in the Atlanta area.
    Last edited by F22Chris; 10-11-2018, 11:23 AM.

i pass that location every day going to work but never used them. when i had the windshield done in my 14 accord i had the dealer guy come out and do it. call and tell the manager.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Were handling it. They realized they messed up and are trying to make it right thank god. The techs were rude and dismissive as hell, but the manager was nice once he realized we weren’t the customers he thought we were. They made a claim for everything and will warranty anything that may become faulty due to the water. (I hope)

We left the car and their “Master tech” is gonna redo the work tomorrow.

Comment

I used safelite when someone decided to use my front windshield as a trash can for their beer bottle 12 years ago and had a great experience. But this was in jax. Hopefully all works out!
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Holy crap. That’s terrible! I hope they make it right.
          I know all the different locations differ (I’m assuming they’re franchises), but I’ve always had good luck with them. My Fit windshield got replaced every 100k.

Comment

Damn son. It was raining hard yesterday too.
            That radio and electronics *may* be repairable.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Honestly the radio is the easy thing to replace. It’s a Car Play deck I put in there when Sony first released the XAVAX-100. I’m doing audio and security now full time now so that’s the least of my worries.

I’m mainly worried about everything else bolted to the bulkhead & them not honoring their word. I just do not have time to r&r all that stuff..

The car should be done today, and I’m playing taxi in the truck till we get this sorted.

Comment

I've never had a positive windshield replacement experience, ever.

Every vehicle has been scratched, every interior has been marked somehow, etc. It took 4 windshields (and a bunch of damage) to get my Tacoma leak-free. The check to repair the damage from the initial windshield repair expired before I got a leak-free windshield so I couldn't get the truck painted.

So I feel your pain.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Chris, ive had multiple widshields replaced and thank god only one time i had a minor leak that went away in a day due to sealant "seating" overnight. Hopefully thay can make it right bro, nothing worse than caring for your ish just to have some other jackass F it up.
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Got a free windshield. Took a few tries for them to get it right, and it still didn’t turn out great.

Im guessing this is from them shoving the radio mic back up.

Spoogies

I also had a LOT of silicone on the pillars, roof, and hood. And there’s a decent scratch on the hood here.

The first one didn’t have the cut out to see the VIN number. They literally took a scraper, and scratched off the black trim so you could see it.. This is after the “master tech” did it too.

Comment

I hope you’re getting more than a “free” windshield after all that they did!

Comment

And all you wound up with was the black rubber trim? Last one I had installed they gave me $50 off because they couldn't remount the original trim (I was able to later).
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                        X