Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OEM ECT(thermo switch b) or aftermarket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM ECT(thermo switch b) or aftermarket?

I took my ect sensor out and cleaned it and am wondering is it worth the 42 dollars for an oem ECT sensor(thermoswitch b)? This is the switch that sends signals to ecm for air fuel mixture and works in conjuction with 02 and other sensors. I got a sensor from JY but it to was an aftermarket one it seems also. The oem pics i see are ones with black connector caps and the 2 i have are yellow and white/yellow. I always believe new oem is better for sensors than JY aftermarket but wanted to ask.

JY oem > new aftermarket..unless the oem sensor is broken. Been having all sorts of issues with parts store TPS's, popped in a 22yo oem one from a CD5 and all issues have been resolved.

Any honda should have that sensor as long as theyre close in age. I'd just run a jy one. The factory service manual has instructions on how to test them on the bench, grab a handfull and may the best survive.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      JY oem > new aftermarket..unless the oem sensor is broken. Been having all sorts of issues with parts store TPS's, popped in a 22yo oem one from a CD5 and all issues have been resolved.

Any honda should have that sensor as long as theyre close in age. I'd just run a jy one. The factory service manual has instructions on how to test them on the bench, grab a handfull and may the best survive.
      I don't trust most part stores stuff. The alt they give you is 80 amp when oem i believe is 90 amp. Not sure why they do that. When i replaced the clutch relay switch, the oreilly's part store item kept blowing out. I thought there was something else wrong in my ignition system. It wasn't until i got a jy oem relay that all issues went away. Some things aftermarket i am ok with. Like rotor discs or brake pads. I will keep that in mind if my TPS ever goes bad. I will be going back to JY to look for an ECT with black cap. I just ordered an oem tstat i'll be putting in this weekend.

Comment

37870-PK2-005(white cap) is the original part number but was superceded by 37870-PK2-015(black cap). Most at JY are 005 and that is why i only see mostly white cap ones there. I wonder why it was superceded. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
          37870-PK2-005(white cap) is the original part number but was superceded by 37870-PK2-015(black cap). Most at JY are 005 and that is why i only see mostly white cap ones there. I wonder why it was superceded. Anyone know?
          could be a change in manufacturer

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
            could be a change in manufacturer
            same manufacturer, Hadsys makes both of them.

Comment

Working...
            X