Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 V.s F22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 V.s F22

Well first of all im new here i have a 91 accord lx 2dr 5sp with 180k! I would like to go turbo but not sure if its good to turbo the f22 or get an h22! But i heard if im wanting to go turbo that vtech is not the best. To get an h23! PLEASE HELP!

do some research and u will find the answer to ur question

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
    96 lexus sc300 DD
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

This the beginner section so I cant "search button" you..lol... The best motor to mod is the one already under the hood. That is better for turbo apps imo. It'll be cheaper to boost that f22 if boost is your thing rather than swapping in an H and boosting it. "Imo" there is really no signifigant advantage for the H22 except more power out the box which can be fixed. This is my opinion given the research I have done on this issue. Anyway let the war begin.
      Last edited by Fake Thug; 08-16-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

agreed with fake thug, the f22 is one of the best motors to turbo from what ive heard..remember no question is dumb question when ur a beginner.

Backyard Customs
        Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
        why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
        Building Fund: $0
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
          This the beginner section so I cant "search button" you..lol... The best motor to mod is the one already under the hood. That is better for turbo apps imo. It'll be cheaper to boost that f22 if boost is your thing rather than swapping in an H and boosting it. "Imo" there is really no signifigant advantage for the H22 except more power out the box which can be fixed. This is my opinion given the research I have done on this issue. Anyway let the war begin.
          i agree with him.

in my honest opinion tho. boost the F. you'll spend less money piecing together the kit off the DSM(1st gen eclipse), tuning, other go fast goodies, and a decent suspension that will help you to better handle that new found power than putting $1200 into the H22 motor, another $400 for any parts(water pump, timing belt) and whatever else you plan on doing to that motor BEFORE you drop it in your cb.

if you boost the F: $800 or less for a DSM kit
          tuning: $100(maybe less if you know someone)
          chipped ECU: $100
          suspension: $400 for a real good set-up

so $1400(a estimate) for a good turbo set up, tune, and suspension and youll be pushing at least 180-190whp. more than an H22 swapped cb7.

Comment

f22 with h23 head + turbo =

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Vtec
              OHIO CB7'S #11
              SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

fseries turbo ftw!

Comment

SOHC Snails ftw
                  wat?

Comment

H22 V.s F22

Thanx alot everyone for helpin me out yea datz wat i was thiking to do on the f22! But do i have to change any internals or anytind to da f22 or i can just keep it like it iz n just buy the turbo kit and instal it? Also is that good to get a h23 head?

Comment

If you desire to keep your F22 naturally aspirated, with intake, header, exhaust, and a Bisimoto level 2 cam, you can make about 150whp, which is 172 HP at the crank, and still be extremely reliable:

That was non-vtec. Cheaper yet, than a turbo.

Vtec with level 2 cam:
                      'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
                      World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
                      World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
                      1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
                      1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
                      1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
                      2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
                      NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
                      Bisimoto's Facebook page
                      478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisimoto View Post
                        If you desire to keep your F22 naturally aspirated, with intake, header, exhaust, and a Bisimoto level 2 cam, you can make about 150whp, which is 172 HP at the crank, and still be extremely reliable:

Vtec with level 2 cam:
                        Now thats what I'm talking about, I have been saving my pennies for one of Bisi's cams, NA reliability and cheap gas FTW
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Bisimoto View Post

Cheaper than turbo done right... and definitely more reliable. Turbo can be done VERY inexpensively using junkyard parts, but it's not the way to go for a car that's more than just a toy/project car. I had assembled a turbo kit using junkyard parts for about $500. I had a $1200 project car to install it on, and I pretty much planned on blowing up the motor. It was intended to be a learning experience (and would've been serious with a replacement motor). I crashed the car before I installed the turbo stuff, though...

The F22A has a ton of potential NA, and Bisimoto can provide everything necessary to make it into quite a monster.

The F22A is also good for turbo, be it in stock form (about 250whp can be seen reliably on a healthy stock-block F22A, as long as the correct parts are used, and tuning is done properly.) Built, just about any well made motor can be good for turbo... the F22A certainly being a well made motor.

The H22A is the best choice for "drop it in and forget it" power. 200hp from an H22A in stock form makes the car fun, and you're still running a bone stock motor. The swap is quite easy, so the chances that you'd mess it up are slim (all the info you need can be found on this site.) A few mods can make decent power from the H22, but there's a ceiling. The H22A can make impressive power, but once you reach roughly 220whp on a modest budget, you're going to have to pump a considerable amount of money into it to get more.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bisimoto;1618225]If you desire to keep your F22 naturally aspirated, with intake, header, exhaust, and a Bisimoto level 2 cam, you can make about 150whp, which is 172 HP at the crank, and still be extremely reliable:

this is what the car put down with a stock converter and cheap bolt ons and it was in almost 100 degree weather after being beat on all day. with some mor parts and a little more time tuning it i believe 150-155whp is an easy goal maybe more.

and for the cost
                            ebay intake $50
                            ebay header $100
                            ebay catback $150
                            h23 intake mani. $40
                            Bisimoto stg2 cam regrind $230
                            chipped p06 ECU tuned on chrome $150

ttl $720

and im about to do more

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn
                              and for the cost
                              ebay intake $50
                              ebay header $100
                              ebay catback $150
                              h23 intake mani. $40
                              Bisimoto stg2 cam regrind $230
                              chipped p06 ECU tuned on chrome $150

ttl $720

and im about to do more

$720 for a 149whp F22a will always be worth it. i can beat just about all the lightly modded cars(majority of them being mustangs) with that

Comment

Working...
                              X