Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neuspeed Race Springs

Originally posted by accordex_1990
    I have decied to upgrade my supension set up with some Neuspeed Race Springs. The thing is they will be on Tokico Blues for right now? Does anyone know how the ride quality will be, will it mess up anything. The shock set up will only be temporary until I can get some Koni Yellows. Thanks

Have you got some Neuspeed Race Springs? I have a set that I'm selling so just let me know if you need them!
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Re: Re: Neuspeed Race Springs

Originally posted by rebels
      Have you got some Neuspeed Race Springs? I have a set that I'm selling so just let me know if you need them!
      how much do you want?!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Neuspeed Race Springs

Originally posted by uncle_el
        how much do you want?!

I replied to your PM.

I just have to see if I win this auction for the Sprint springs so I can be "slammed."
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Yea...the Neu. Koni shocks were made for the Neu race springs. I absolutely love the ride and all everyone does is praise it! It feels very weird to finally be praised about the suspension set up after so many disappointments with all my previous setups. The ride is VERY smooth but stiff when it needs to be. I would definately recommend saving a little more for the Konis. One of the best investments I have made are my Konis.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I have a couple of questions/comments:

1) The problem with the control arm hitting the inner fender is not a problem with wheel/tire combination, but a function of lowered height and camber correction kit used, right? Wheel/tire should not effect that part.

2) How is the overall ride with the Neuspeed race springs? I want something that will lower the car, but still ride pretty decent since it is a daily driver and I commute 100 miles/day, including time in the snow.

3) Why not go with the Neuspeed Super Cup Kit that gets you Neuspeed Race Spring kit, and 2 front and 2 rear Neuspeed Koni yellows all for the grand price of $599. Shoot, the front and rear Konis from Neuspeed are $565.60 alone. For an extra $34 you get the Race Springs, too.

I would really like to hear some feedback on items #2 and #3 above. I was going to go with the H&R Sport springs with the Neuspeed Koni yellows and a camber correction kit, but the H&R springs are around $150 and the Neuspeed Konis are $565.60. With the $120 or so saved by going with the Super Cup Kit, I could fit the price of camber kits in there too.

Thoughts?
            Eric91Z
            eric91z@globalccs.net
            '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

1) No problems with my control arms knocking.

2) Ride is pretty good, and for a daily driver you might put your shocks on a softer setting, and set it firmer when you feel like doing some "spirited" driving.

3) That is a hot fucking deal. Jump on it.
              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

JDMcb7, which camber correction kit did you use? And did you use just a front one? And do you have any other pictures of your car so I can see how it looks with that setup? I will be running the stock alloys for now with the new springs/struts.

Thanks again for the input.
                Eric91Z
                eric91z@globalccs.net

Comment

I posted my input on that combo in the "rate your suspension thread"

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...5&pagenumber=5

and I also followed up with a 3 month review later on in the thread.

By the way, I am running front ingalls kit and just used spacers in the rear.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

Well, it seems that at least JDMcb7 and h23accord have what is essentially the Neuspeed Super Cup Kit which is the Neuspeed race springs with Neuspeed Koni yellows and are very happy with the setup, ride, and handling.

What about settling of the springs after the install? Have you had much of that or have they stayed close to where they were at the time of install? Any problems you have had with them.

And for camber kits with that setup, h23accord is running the Ingalls kit with no problems, what about you, JDMcb7? Which one are you running? And h23accord, are you running the Ingalls bolt extenders or adjustable ball joints? I am thinking about going with everything from Neuspeed: Super Cup Kit and Ingalls camber correction kit, although I am not sure which camber correction kit as they list 2 different ones in both poly and rubber. They have one that is for -3/4 to +1 and the other is for +1 1/4 degree to + 3 degree. Any suggestions from personal experience on which I would need or be better suited with?

Thanks again for your input and follow up. It is much appreciated.
                    Last edited by Eric91Z; 06-21-2004, 08:08 AM.
                    Eric91Z
                    eric91z@globalccs.net

Comment

Originally posted by Eric91Z
                      Well, it seems that at least JDMcb7 and h23accord have what is essentially the Neuspeed Super Cup Kit which is the Neuspeed race springs with Neuspeed Koni yellows and are very happy with the setup, ride, and handling.

What about settling of the springs after the install? Have you had much of that or have they stayed close to where they were at the time of install? Any problems you have had with them.

And for camber kits with that setup, h23accord is running the Ingalls kit with no problems, what about you, JDMcb7? Which one are you running? And h23accord, are you running the Ingalls bolt extenders or adjustable ball joints? I am thinking about going with everything from Neuspeed: Super Cup Kit and Ingalls camber correction kit, although I am not sure which camber correction kit as they list 2 different ones in both poly and rubber. They have one that is for -3/4 to +1 and the other is for +1 1/4 degree to + 3 degree. Any suggestions from personal experience on which I would need or be better suited with?

Thanks again for your input and follow up. It is much appreciated.
                      Well I actually don't have Koni Yellows, I actually have KYB AGX. I will tell you that I have NEVER heard anything about Yellows so I def. don't think you are going to go wrong with them. I use the Ingalls kit up front and spacers in the rear. As for the camber kit you should purchase I'd go with the 1 1/4 to 3 degree kit just because it offers more adjustment and if you ever decide to change up and go lower you won't have to re-buy a camber kit. Here are some pics of my car.

As far as the springs settling mine went about a finger lower all around after about a week. Actually I think my front settled a little more than that. Remember to get an alignment when you get your springs/shocks installed and again in a few weeks after it has all settled in because it will be off again. Hope that helped some
                      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Yes, that does help and thank you for the pictures. The car looks good.
                        Eric91Z
                        eric91z@globalccs.net

Comment

Yes, I am using the same type of camber kit that adjusts to 3 degrees. Mine is poly so it makes noise and I have to constantly antiseize it. It makes the crunching sound snow makes whenever you walk on it. I just turn my radio up so I don't hear it anymore. As far as settling...I figured they would have settled or sagged or something by now but nothing. They sit exactly where I dropped them. I have heard similar stories when I read reviews at www.carreview.com before I made my decision to buy these springs. I was afraid they would be too still but they are perfect...actually I think they could be a tad stiffer...just a tad though. Otherwise I love this setup!

Comment

Thanks again for the input. Sounds like if I want low maintenence and still have a good ride, then I should look at the Super Cup Kit (Race spings and Koni SP3 dampers) and the front Ingalls kit for up to 3 degrees of adjustment. And probably go with rubber bushings to stay away from noise and add a little ride compliance.

That is nice since some of the camber kit can be offset by the savings of going with the Super Cup Kit instead of buying the Koni SP3's and the H&R Sport springs I was looking at.
                            Eric91Z
                            eric91z@globalccs.net

Comment

Just thought I would share a little bit of information I got from Neuspeed based on an email I had sent to them on the following questions:

1) How will the race springs ride on a daily basis with the Koni dampers?

2) Which Ingalls camber correction kits would you recommend for my application? Front and rear or front only?

3) How much will the springs settle after installation and what should I expect for a "normal" drop amount when all said and done? I know they are advertised at 2.25" front and 2.0" rear, but how much will it be after settling? I just ask since I do have to drive this car in the winter, too.

Their response:

1. The springs are aggressive, but subjectively speaking, I enjoy that type of ride. It is not bone jarring, however, the ride is very responsive.

2. Camber kits are recommended. I would suggest that you purchase front and rear to make sure you will not have any abnormal tire wear.

3. Our springs are block set at the factory and do NOT sag or settle over time. However, we do calculate the shore of the OE bumpstops as part of our spring rate. So as they wear, the car may become lower. Simply replacing them with units will have the car back to our specified ride height.

Just passing on information. Anyone do new bumpstops on their car and have that change the ride height at all?
                              Eric91Z
                              eric91z@globalccs.net

Comment

Working...
                              X