Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: D.I.Y. BLACK GRILL (the cheap way to get a nice black aftermarket looking grill)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
    they sell these on ebay now just fyi
    fit/look like shit.

Comment

Nice. I tried that and then fill the cut out part with some fiberglass bondo and sand it down but it's a huge pain in the ass. Once I can manage to do that, I'll fit a mesh and glue to it the Accord emblem or Honda. Not sure yet. Just another summer time project.
      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
        fit/look like shit.
        X2 - very tru well from my eyes on my own CB - it looks nice but the bitch starts to sag like craszie look at mynes.

which is the reason i want to try this in the mean while i stack up for something decent

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
          did you sand over the "silver plastic trim" or just painted over it ?
          I wanna know too! Please help!
          1990 Accord EX

Comment

It's gonna sag cuz all of the supports were removed. You will have to figure out a way to strengthen it on the top to prevent it from sagging.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Someone commented in my MR thread that my grille would look better w/o the \H/ in my grille....

The main reason why i didnt do it is because the grille would get 'droopy' where the \H/ used to be...

Example...

Comment

but the one pictureed in on my ride is a cheap ebay grille with a plastic mesh - so i was just thinking being that the plastic is alot stiffer on the OEM do to the plastic chrome trim that it wouldnt sag

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

but the one pictureed in on my ride is a cheap ebay grille with a plastic mesh - so i was just thinking being that the plastic is alot stiffer on the OEM do to the plastic chrome trim that it wouldnt sag
                  that would make sense... I'll pick up a 9091 grille next and take out the \H/ and see how it looks. I originally wanted to color match the grille, but i couldn't find 'reasonably' price matching spray paint.

Comment

Yeah I agree. OEM is stronger! I'm going to DIY my OEM grille with gutter guard since it's metal...it's stronger than plastic!
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Working...
                    X