I Was Rear Ended Today By A ford F-150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Was Rear Ended Today By A ford F-150

So, today I was on my way to handle some business - 5 minutes from my house, and 5 minutes from my destination.

I was going through a well-known intersection, and there were two cars in front of me. About 100' after the intersection, there's a tiny parking lot with two stores on the other side of the street. There's always traffic on the other side of the street, and today was no different.

The second car in front of me stopped to navigate the traffic to get into the parking lot. The car in front of me stopped behind the second car, and then I followed suit. I stopped, and I immediately looked in my rearview mirror as I knew the vehcile behind me sped up to beat the yellow light. However, since we stopped, the truck behind me attempting to beat the yellow light had a significant amount of momentum, and I knew they couldn't stop in time. BLAAAMMMMM! A Ford F-150 slammed into the back of me pushing me into the car in front of me.

Thank God my car has a tow hitch because it took most of the impact. Granted, it's now bent at a 45 degree angle, and the rear of my vehicle looks like someone ran into it. She, the F-150 driver, was probably traveling about 30-35 mph at the time of impact.

I've had a splitting on/off headache all day, and as of a few hours ago, my jaw/ear/neck/and between my shoulder blades is stiff and hurting. I went to the hospital per people's reccomendation, and I'm glad I did. I guess when the adrenline wore off, that's when the pain started to get worse.

Pray for me, and I guess I have to just ride this wave. What an inconvenience.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 08-22-2019, 06:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Ant,
    Your in my prayers bud. Hoping for a speedy recovery. That is the exact reason I always have my tow hitch installed. That extra protection.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I hope you are ok buddy, when i got rear ended in March the pain did not start until late that day and for the next two days i could barely move my head as the whiplash takes a toll on your neck muscles. i will definitely recommend you take it easy for the next couple of days just in case.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Hope you're ok, and can we see pics of the car damage?

Comment

Last edited by Straight Success; 08-22-2019, 09:04 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Glad you're ok man, well, at least better than it could've been.

Take care of those injuries and get back to it!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I'm just going to let my insurance handle everything. BTW, different parts of my body are sore today.

I spoke with my lawyer, but I don't think I need to involve him. I haven't been in an accident in almost 20 years, so I'll just be riding along for this experience.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I think it's headed toward a total loss.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

https://www.copart.com/lot/47388989/

- D. Chappelle

Comment

chassis bent?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                      chassis bent?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

That’s crazy that little bend. At the hitch would total it out.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Not only that, but other damage existed as well. I was forced in to the vehicle in front of me, so there was some internal damage in the front bumper area judging by cracks in the bumper cover. That, and the fact that the value on the car was already down from a previous accident that I had no knowledge of when I bought it. The spare tire well, the other side frame rail (rear frame section), the muffler, the tailgate, and who knows what else was damaged when my body shop would have taken it apart.
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 10-19-2019, 07:49 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                          X