No announcement yet.

INT: JDM Digital Climate Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks bro we have talked on the phone about this now it alot easyer ... thanks alot .. i have everything listed and it should be in soon after oscar wires it all up ill post pic
    My Member Ride --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...66#post2857666

My For Sale Thread --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181371

Comment

Awesome job, man! Props! I have had the parts sitting in my office for over 2 years and haven't been able to sit still long enough to actually finish what little I have started.

Click picture to see my mrt
      Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Im seating here with [cp]mike and we are like wow. this is nuts. good props for you for going thru all this

Comment

Great job on the write up bro the illustrations and good pic help me to understand what i have to do to get mine goin too

Comment

even with the dummyproof guiide you just posted, this is still a lot of work
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

where was the hi speed fan relay that you collected for this modification, Lucifer1? there are so many different relays that I don't which particular one to grab. did you grab one with the switch diagram on it? I also noticed a fan timer relay box behind the glovebox... we didn't need that piece, right?

so far i've collected:

OAT sensor
              Evap sensor
              Sunlight sensor
              Transistor
              Air mix motor

you did so much work to get this together, i would like to pay my respects by trying to follow your DIY and complete the project for my own vehicle
              Last edited by P5ylance; 11-29-2013, 03:05 AM.
              blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

theres also an early 2000s RL at the junkyard too. I dont see any 2nd Gen TL's, so do you know if the RL might have the aspirator from the 2nd gen TL?

Comment

I used the relay from a 1st gen cl. It is near the blower motor. You don't need the fan timer relay.

I am not sure what the rl has in it, I have never messed with one in the junkyard. That part is one those where it might be easier just buying a new one from the dealer
                  Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

did the relay you choose have 5 prongs or 4 prongs? I took one that had 4 prongs, but i feel that might not be right, especially since your drawing shows a 5th... How about I pull that relay, and take a pic and i'll post it up here for you to see. was the one you chose in the center console area? theres quite a few there, and those have the switch diagram painted on them. okay, I will consider buying a new one.

I didn't know how to remove the dash, so I wasn't able to pull out the blower motor or anything. would i need to do so to get the tube union and hose from the acura CL? were they on the left or right side of the center console?

I just ordered my DCC, and it says it comes with the rubber tube attached to it
                    Last edited by P5ylance; 11-30-2013, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Alrighty so I grabbed a few more items:

Acura cl aspirator and union piece is on the left side of console, in drivers footwell. Offwhite wicker basket looking plastic piece connected to a black rubber hose. I also grabbed the rl aspirator but is it a female as well, and slightly differs in design from the cl one. Looks more like a megaphone than a wicker basket.

Next up I pulled a heater control valve from a 96/97 3.2tl, and the bracket looks different from yours. I forgot if you reoriented the valve handle as well since it looks farther away from the diaphram than in your pictures. I grabbed the solenoid piece that was directly connected to it as well. Mine has this plastic cylinder around the black stick.

Finally, all I need is that tl aspirator, and the 2nd gen legend parts, which I am having difficulty getting to and locating. Does the dash have to come out as well??

In the legend, it goes (from right to left of the car) blower motor, evaporator, then heater core in the center? Is this correct?

Comment

The blower relay is a 4 pin by the blower you verify it by the wire colors. The dash doesn't need to come out but the glovebox will help.

I combined the accord heater valve bracket with the tl bracket.

The temp sensor of the 2nd gen legend is behind the glovebox. Iirc a plastic panel behind glovebox needs to be removed.

The tl aspirator can be removed with everything in place, just move some wires. It can be easily damaged though. Like i said before, for $8 or so, it would be easier to get new from the dealer.
                        Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Sweet! So I did pull the correct relay the first time!

Okay I will probably head to the dealership sometime to grab that aspirator. All I need then is the coolant temp sensor and I should have everything I need parts wise from the junkyard. When wiring do I need to match the gauges? Ive got some 16g wire and I was wondering if that would be okay for everything.

I might consider pulling a spare blower motor assembly to do work on, or buying a new one.

Comment

I hope this mod is compatible with the cool vent switch mod :x

Comment

nice diy. i would stab that speaker in the cc unit though lol
                              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

One last question before I go yarding tomorrow, I hopeyou get this question in time: where exactly is that legend fan located?? I've so far taken out the ac controller, center console, the metal frame, so now all I see is the fat rectangular white assembly which is what I'm stuck on. I don't quite know where to go next

Comment

Working...
                                X