Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    (of course, the H22 is a Honda part as well...)

lmao. true. but not OEM in a cb7. lol. i wouldnt expect to get no more than like at LEAST 140hp out of the stock motor. 145 would be from a motor thats been well taken care of.

aftermarket wise id be happy with the I/H/E, the h23 IM, and shot of nitrous. thatll get me to be able to stick with the civics and tegs to get down the track.

Comment

IMO, a street car that gets decent gas mileage that can run 13.5 at the track would be ideal. That would put it in the same class as most of the better sporty sedans on the road today. Of course, my $500 mods aren't going to do that!

But yeah, 140-150 at the crank for the mods I listed is likely. Some porting of the IM and TB might bring that up by another 5, maybe more, I dunno. That would be for a very healthy engine. Do it to a tired motor with poor compression... and you might experience what it felt like when it was new

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
        if i could add to your list, one thing that is sometimes over looked on an f22 build is the transmission. in my opinion the car is more fun with the h23/h22 trans. it's somewhat of a night and day difference.

i have the h23 trans with the f22. i picked it up for $500 (i'm sure if you looked around, you could find it cheaper).

i'm pretty sure i could pull away from any regular accord with bolt-ons. the shorter gearing multiplies the engines torque. for the added acceleration, you loose top end.

the only thing i don't like about it is driving on the highway. 4000rpm's @ 80mph in 5th. later.
        I've said this before, even for not having the H23 5spd on my red Accord yet, I had all this info down pat. The things most people overlook.

Man, you just reaffirmed my research TypeG, makes me itch for this tranny so bad for my red setup, however, they are hard to find in my area. My red Accord clutch is slipping, perhaps then I'll do it.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I think people underestimate the ability of the F22 to flow. Projects like Hondafan's red project have proven that the F22 flows really well. Yes, his head is not stock, but he is also putting down as much or slightly more than a stock H22 would, so if you removed the headwork from the equation, you would probably still land somewhere well ahead of where you were.

The IM and TB made a HUGE difference. Honda chokes that stuff down to keep it quiet for grandma. Also, it should be noted that the stock F22A4 header would probably benefit from a larger collector. The O.D. is around 2", but since it is double walled, the actual inner diameter is more like 1.5-1.75". That is too small for a 2.2L that is trying to breath, and most likely a 2" - 2.5" collector would be a good mod. That is about the only difference between stock and a DC header. I would probably go with a 2.25" on a mostly stock F22, although I don't know for sure that a 2.5" would really hurt any.

Then with the high flow exhaust and a good high flow cat, as well as the other stuff, you can have a car that would surprise you, and others. I know it did me.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

2.5" would probably be justified with a larger cam profile and a modified header, paired with the H23 manifold. For the CB7-only parts, a muffler that flows better would probably help a bit on stock piping (I'm sure the dual tips on the EX weren't just for looks)

Comment

2.5" would probably be justified with a larger cam profile and a modified header, paired with the H23 manifold. For the CB7-only parts, a muffler that flows better would probably help a bit on stock piping (I'm sure the dual tips on the EX weren't just for looks)

Yes, the EX system was higher flow, although I believe the piping was larger too.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

im looking at the others comment on on 30+Hp with 500 dollars. I hate to say this but its not going to happen. Theres no way u can get 30+hp with just 500 dollars.U have to spend a lot more then 500 dollars. Trust me. I done the research, bought the books, talked to expert, is just not happing. Im not saying u cant get 30+Hp, u can, but it takes more then $500. Unless its stolen

Members Ride thread

Comment

F22A1 = 125hp.
                  F22A4 = 130hp. The only difference from the A1 is the header.
                  F22A6 = 140hp. Camshaft, intake manifold, ECU

F22A6 with the F22A4 exhaust manifold = 145hp est. The A6 and A1 manifolds are both rough cast manifolds, fairly similar. That's 20hp with CB7 parts alone. Add the H23 intake manifold and throttle body in place of the F22A6 parts, and you're looking at another 5hp at least.

Tell me an intake and and exhaust, even cheap crap, won't give you 5hp.

I've read the books as well. I also know these cars quite well.

$500 is actually a pretty high estimate. With used parts, this could be done for under $200. Having the exhaust welded on would be the most expensive part.

Comment

Originally posted by jm991700
                    im looking at the others comment on on 30+Hp with 500 dollars. I hate to say this but its not going to happen. Theres no way u can get 30+hp with just 500 dollars.U have to spend a lot more then 500 dollars. Trust me. I done the research, bought the books, talked to expert, is just not happing. Im not saying u cant get 30+Hp, u can, but it takes more then $500. Unless its stolen
                    the h23 intake manifold, the a4 headers, the a6 cam, all of those i can go to one junk yard in MD and get it all for no more than $150 for all of that stuff. so i still got $350 left over to go online, get some ebay headers, get a shop in PA to do a cat-back exhaust and get my throttle body bored out by maxbore.com.

so yes you can get 30-50hp increase with OEM parts for $500. just boring out the TB on the h23 IM bored out. its still OEM. so who ever you talked to, sorry buckko.

Comment

i have a f22a4 in my 1993 se
                      would all of this ...

"F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)
                      F22A6 ECU - $25
                      H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
                      F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so...."

work with my car
                      cuz that would be sweet
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride
                      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892
                        i have a f22a4 in my 1993 se
                        would all of this ...

"F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)
                        F22A6 ECU - $25
                        H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
                        F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so...."

work with my car
                        cuz that would be sweet
                        yes. all of those will work with your car. all thats missing is the a4 headers. but you have the a4 so you dont need to worry about those. also you can always buy some aftermarket headers too.

if you tack on an extra $100 send your throttle body to maxbore.com and get it bored out. that'll give you an added 5-8hp.

Comment

i got a question then
                          everybody talks out the A4 and the A1

BUT WHAT BOUT THE A6

im pretty sure there are a lot of EX owners that want some action
                          but remeber we have all that
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
                            i got a question then
                            everybody talks out the A4 and the A1

BUT WHAT BOUT THE A6

im pretty sure there are a lot of EX owners that want some action
                            but remeber we have all that

well all i can tell you is to swap out your a6 IM and put in a h23 IM. either that or swap in a h23 or h22 and give me your f22a6

Comment

I have an EX, its helpful because you don't have to do as much work as others, namely the wiring for the IAB's, but also the O2 sensor, and the different ECU.

It still takes some work to put in the H23 IM/TB, but its close enough to a direct bolt in.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                              where you been, is something wrong?
                              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

F22A6 ECU - $25
                                i will keep that in mind when i am swapping my transmission

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Working...
                                X