Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 Honda Accord stalling problem plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Honda Accord stalling problem plz help

I have a 1993 honda accord 10th anniversary edition and about once in every 5 months or so it will stall but then like 30minutes later it will start up and run perfect again untill it stalls again. This problem is very annoying and just happens at random times. no its not the fact im stalling it because my car is an automatic. I read online and it said that it was the main (fuel) relay, so i did change that but today it happened again. I was just wondering if any of you reading this might know what it is or might have had the same problem. If you know what it is or think i should check something please let me know. Thanx

P.s. someone my dad works with has the same problem with a civic and he says someone told him that it probably the disstributor cap. When it stalls its like you lose all compression in the engine very quickly.

My distributor was leaking when it my car used to stall. I replaced that along with the Idle air control valve. Ran fine for a little while.

Recently i noticed bogging, and when i pulled my spark plug wires off there was oil in the tubes. So now i have to change the valve cover gasket, upper and lower rings, and the spark plugs. Check all those i mentioned.

Comment

the stalling at times sounds like a main relay,but u said u replace it. with a new or used one?how about ur ignition switch? does it feel loose?newer accords had that problem,hence the recall.if thats not it then something is going on with ur igniter or coil.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMILOSI View Post
        the stalling at times sounds like a main relay,but u said u replace it. with a new or used one?how about ur ignition switch? does it feel loose?newer accords had that problem,hence the recall.if thats not it then something is going on with ur igniter or coil.
        Before you go changing your ignition switch replace your Igniter with a known-good one.
        Also, check your spark plugs condition and for oil in the tubes.
        Check condition of the cap and Rotor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
          Before you go changing your ignition switch replace your Igniter with a known-good one.
          Also, check your spark plugs condition and for oil in the tubes.
          Check condition of the cap and Rotor as well.
          Also replace the coil - The coil and ignitor usually fail about the same time.

When the problem occurs, you can do 2 quick tests.
          1) Check for spark - If theres no spark replace coil and ignitor
          2) Check for fuel - If theres no fuel replace Main relay

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

X2 what Jak Frost from above, I had similar on a 90EX and 92EXcpe igniter fixed probem. Check the others on list

Comment

Im Having The Same Problem With My Car. It Ran Fine The Other Day And All Of A Sudden While Driving Down The Road The Motor Just Shut Off And Would Not Start Back Up. I Have Fuel To The Rail And I Have Spark. But It Just Wont Start. It Wants To Start But Wont. Today I Checked To See If The Timing Belt Broke And The Belt Is Fine. So What Could Be My Problem?

Comment

Originally posted by 90JDMACCORDEX View Post
                Im Having The Same Problem With My Car. It Ran Fine The Other Day And All Of A Sudden While Driving Down The Road The Motor Just Shut Off And Would Not Start Back Up. I Have Fuel To The Rail And I Have Spark. But It Just Wont Start. It Wants To Start But Wont. Today I Checked To See If The Timing Belt Broke And The Belt Is Fine. So What Could Be My Problem?
                Check the cambelt hasn't jumped a tooth.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

you changed the fuel relay? how about the pgm-fi main relay? check the ingnition switch?

Comment

ok well i went out to the car today and i tried to start it and it still wouldnt start.the day i got the car to start after putting it back together i had to wiggle the key to get it to start. is my problem the switch or the lock cylinder itself?

Comment

ok well i went out to the car today and i tried to start it and it still wouldnt start.the day i got the car to start after putting it back together i had to wiggle the key to get it to start. is my problem the switch or the lock cylinder itself?
                      The switch.

But have you gotten your car to start at all?

You said you have spark, is it a strong spark or weak?

Comment

i got the car to start the other day when i took it for a drive and it ran fine and started up fine. i drove it almost three miles and the car just died. and wont start back up. its acting like it wants to but wont. then today i tried starting it and it started for 1 second and then shut right off

Comment

Whne you have it in the ON (II) position and you wiggle the key, Do the dash lights flick on and off?
                          If so, replace the ignition switch.
                          When the car dies, do all the dash lights come on or go out?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

they all come on. so what do u think it could be

Comment

If you have fuel but no spark and you've already swapped the igniter and coil, you could have a short in the wiring. Check for 12V power to the larger black/yellow wire in the distributor connector with the key on. That will tell you if the signal is getting there from the ignition switch.

Be careful, but you can loosen the bolt for the fuel line a little at the rail, on the line from the filter. Then have someone turn the key JUST TO "ON", if the relay and pump are working, the system will prime and fuel will come out of the fitting you loosened. Don't make any more mess than you have to with leaking gas, shut the key back off as soon as you see fuel.

A bad vacuum leak will keep a car from starting too- if a hose split, wore through or came off the intake manifold.

Good Luck, It's something simple.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                              After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                              Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                              PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Working...
                              X