No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am seriously considering changing forced induction routes down the road for the final stage of the build.

Courtesy of Procharger

They now have C1 kits (self-lubricating) with dual-core intercoolers for both the B16 and the B18. With the proper internals, IM, porting, and exhaust, this could possibly make for a super fun drag car!
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Okay, time to try auto x for the first time. I went with a friend to the Cow Palace Mad Cow II auto cross event, hosted by Santa Clara Corvette.

If she was 2460lbs on drag race day, before the recent weight reduction, then she is 2400 lbs after the recent weight reduction!

This was most of my competition that day, seeing as Santa Clara Corvette sponsored the event.

I was intimidated at first, but had a ton of fun, and am now hooked. You can see the massive course in the background:

Results:

They called it a 60 second course. The slowest cars were around 70 seconds, more than half the cars were over 60 seconds, and the fastest car of the day was 50 seconds with a one cone penalty. Here are my times:

59.2 s +1
      58.6 s
      58.5 s
      57.2 s

I am HOOKED, and this car is so much fun. My friend got bad video, so the next time we go, the video will be taken on the track.

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Auto cross is a blast. It's an interesting type of racing. It require perfection without practice to be competitive. You really have to know your car.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

That's awesome! Funny enough I did my first autocross with my local corvette racing club as well. It is very addictive and so much fun. The only thing preventing me from going to more events is tires.

On a side note, I'm thinking of supercharging as well. I'd be very interested to see your build.

Comment

Went to Sonoma Raceway to test out the changes I made to the CB in January. While it was fun, I am not yet improving my E.T.s or 60' times. The race wheels are in need of a balance after sitting for a year and a half and getting wet when the garage roof leaked. The tires are also out of round. So, after fixing those issues, I will be back, hopefully for the Memorial Day bracket races. Also, I will be competing in another auto cross event on April 29th. I will be sure to have my friend take video this time.

Here is the second run: 15.385 @ 88.97, 60' 2.265

Here was the last run: 15.327 @ 88.87, 60' 2.259

I have to say that I enjoy the un-muffled sound of this car.

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Well, I am officially hooked on Autocross. I have raced three times with Santa Clara Corvette in under two months. I never thought I would say this, but I am seriously considering changing the goals of the build to more than just reflect this new found passion.

This course was advertised as a 50 sec. course. This was run 4, completed in 47.075 sec.

This was the 10th and last run of the day for me, a 46.802 sec. run.

This was the fastest non-corvette run of the day (about 10 non-corvettes). I beat many corvettes too, but I am waiting for the website to produce the results to see my overall rank.

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Nice runs man. Autocross looks like so much fun I can't wait to try it one day.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

"He lost his back bumper somewhere"
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                    I laughed at that statement too!

Excellent work and great runs! Definitely looks like fun!
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      Nice runs man. Autocross looks like so much fun I can't wait to try it one day.
                      It is a TON of fun, find a local club that participates and get there!

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      I actually need to put that bumper back on for this. I need more weight over the rear wheels. Sadly, I threw mine away and will need to go to the junkyard for one.

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                      I laughed at that statement too!

Excellent work and great runs! Definitely looks like fun!
                      Thank you for visiting. You have to try it, your car is ready.

The overall results came in. I was ranked 20th out of 66 cars, mostly corvettes!
                      Last edited by af_1132; 05-25-2017, 05:03 PM.

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Here are some recent runs from my memorial day drag racing visit, along with my fastest time slip to date:

Unfortunately, that run was not filmed. The other two runs were filmed:

15.111 @ 90.41

15.149 @ 89.43

I also got an in car cam of the third run:

Go-pros make the world a better place, as do PRO MODS!!!!

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

On the way to that last drag racing event, right in the parking lot, I got pulled over and cited for expired registration. So, now it's time to make the car more inconspicuous.

Got a JY bumper, cleaned it up, and prepared it for install with modifications:

Well, when I say inconspicuous, I mean less easily spotted than before..

Some of you are probably wondering why I did this to the bumper. To me, it is all about reducing drag where possible while keeping weight in the rear.

I also removed all the decals and stickers on the car, except for the "CB7Tuner" decal:

I have to say, I am happy with how the car looks now. I am getting in touch with some folks about an underground smog deal so I can get this thing a green 2017 sticker.

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I like it better than the Civics with holes in the bumper. Are you going to make under body panels? ABS plastic sheets are durable, flexible, cheap, malleable.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah, I am not a huge fan of this either:

I know it allows some air to pass through, but you will still create quite a bit of turbulence due to the remainder of the cup of the bumper cover that is still there.

As far as under body panels for the rear. I could go that route to help direct the wind better. I will have to find a raw ABS distributor.

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Well, most of you now know I am moving to San Antonio over the next few days. So here is my last post in California.

On June 24th, I went to an autox event at the Marina Airport. Flat concrete is a different autox experience than a not-so-flat asphalt parking lot. It was still tons of fun, even though the tack was majorly confusing, with 3 crossover points.

Third run, a 59.32s run:

Fourth run was the fastest, a 58.122s run:

The fastest times of the day were 50s flat, pulled off by an old Fiesta with a Tornado V8 and FWD trans swapped into the rear end, and a Porsche 914 with individuals on a boxer 4. I wish I had video of them running.

Also, since I got a registration ticket on the way to the drag strip on May 28th, I decided to take the challenge of getting this thing smogged and registered before moving to Texas. That involved having a 2.25" exhaust from the resonator back welded on and putting on the stock intake/vacuum lines. I went to one of those places where the visual inspector "did not know" if the AEM fuel components were smog legal or not. The car passed! The only real issue was the idle, but the idle screw worked its magic.

Here is the exhaust at idle:

Off to San Antonio!

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X