No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real nice John. I like that block coat. What duplicolor is that?
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
      Real nice John. I like that block coat. What duplicolor is that?
      I think in the end it will just be you and I left on this site

It was this. Not that this tells you anything as they don't put codes on their cans. I had a lighter one, said nope, took it back and got the middle darkness which is this can. And used very light coats.

Comment

John, I'm still around. I was actually working on all my pictures last night to catch up my MRT. Hopefully I can get that done tonight. You know life > cb7tuner forums ugh.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          John, I'm still around. I was actually working on all my pictures last night to catch up my MRT. Hopefully I can get that done tonight. You know life > cb7tuner forums ugh.
          Good news man!

Comment

now that's a manifold! nice build going on in here!
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
              now that's a manifold! nice build going on in here!
              Thanks! I bought it off a member on here, and it has no brand name. But it rocks! Decent welds too. It looks like someone copied the goautoworks unit.
              goautoworks@hotmail.com

Comment

Wow man, incredible work.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks man.

Fuckn fuck fucker. Was all excited to do cam gears today. Went to install them and realized they are the wrong part! Some ass-fuck put B series cams in H22 boxes, so ...... utter fail! GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

That’s not cool. Can they be exchanged?
                    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

That sucks. The B-series gears are the same as the H23A1 non-VTEC, but not the H22A.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                        That’s not cool. Can they be exchanged?
                        Already started. Feel bad for the person who was at the post office as I was not in a good mood.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        That sucks. The B-series gears are the same as the H23A1 non-VTEC, but not the H22A.
                        Ya. They are also thicker. I was so excited to get those done today as I've never done timing belts or cam gears. Now I'm so pissed off. And i can't work on the car pissed off, more things just go wrong...

Ahh well. I'll paint the old ones and put them back on.

The other item on the list was the AEM fuel filter I bought which (unfortunately) is the size of a paint can). But it has 10an female fittings on the end. I don't think they make an adapter to allow the OEM line nut/end, so I think they want you to run a new braided line with AN fittings on the ends. I think......

Comment

Best option for fuel filters that I have found for OEM fittings is the AEM HF fuel filter PN: 25-200BK. I used a red one for years. Paper filter cartridge is changeable.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/produc...me-fuel-filter
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                            Best option for fuel filters that I have found for OEM fittings is the AEM HF fuel filter PN: 25-200BK. I used a red one for years. Paper filter cartridge is changeable.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/produc...me-fuel-filter
                            That looks like a 10AN fitting too. So how are you going from the OEM banjo bolt to the 10AN?

And don't work on your car when you are pissed off at the world! This is the balancer tensioner bolt which broke off, and then a drill bit which broke off in the hole. I just wanted to throw the drill at the wall as hard as i could....

I did get it out. All caused by this fucking thing. Used for the first time since I bought it several months ago. And the dam thing doesn't click! I even tried it on 30'lbs/tq on a wheel lug nut and nothing. It does nothing different when it's set to 30 or 150. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              That looks like a 10AN fitting too. So how are you going from the OEM banjo bolt to the 10AN?
                              Originally posted by AEM.com
                              Thread sizes for filter are 12x1.25 top and 14x1.50 bottom.
                              I'm pretty sure that I used the stock bottom fitting and I bought an "OEM replacement" braided stainless line from Summit that had the banjo bolt.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

ok, stupid question. How does a small torque wrench work?

I returned the one in the above pic for a new one and it's the same. There is no 'click' when you reach torque spec. Also the "give" in the handle is the same at 30ft/lbs or 150ft/lbs. I tried using it on my wheel lug nuts which I know are 85ft/lbs, and I had the wratchet set to 30ft/lbs. No sound, hand has that "spring" to it right away. Set it to 150ft/lbs and handle 'spring' is still there and obviously no click.

I'm confused. I can use my 1/2" large impact one and set it to 30ft/lbs and it clicks no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X