No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that thing is nice! Cool car, I love seeing them in all stock condition like this!

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Post up links if you start your project documentation through other places, I would like to follow. You always do quality work.

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
        Man that thing is nice! Cool car, I love seeing them in all stock condition like this!
        Thanks! It's rusty on the back end. Iowa salt got to it unfortunately. Other than that it's pretty decent though. It's very stock. Lol except for the exhaust system.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Post up links if you start your project documentation through other places, I would like to follow. You always do quality work.
        It's still in the works. I've been delayed a bit financially but that's ok. Nothing goes as expected all the time. I have made many steps towards this during the past 6 months. I honestly can't wait. However work comes first. I hate being responsible sometimes but it is what it is. Glad to know I have your appreciation! I'm not the best at anything but I have the best intentions. Thanks again man!

Comment

Time for some maintenance. Probably going to be moving again here soon. So having the maintenance done is very important.

Oil change is way overdue. Shame on me for not doing it. I haven't had the ability and shops here charge $100 for an oil change. And a 5 quart jug of cheap oil is $40.

What I bought:

Valvoline Conventional 5w30. 5 quart jug.
          Already have a new in box Bosch Distance Plus oil filter.
          Mobil air filter.
          AC Delco PCV valve.
          Bando A/C and power steering belt.
          NKG G power spark plugs.
          Mahle Valve Cover Gasket set.
          Wagner quick stop front pads.

And a couple exhaust gaskets. I have a small leak I'd like to fix.

This is a cheap tune up. Probably the cheapest I've ever done. But I'm doing it while I know I can. For what the future holds is unknown.

Also I still have new in the box CV shafts. Those will be going in. More so to clear room in the trunk. As will the Dorman brake master cylinder. Also I have a complete set of new rear brakes in the trunk as well. Good quality stuff. Everything I have I'm going to be installing next weekend. I'm going to work all weekend until it's done. Many pictures to come. Who knows what else I'll find that will need replaced.

Edit...

Also picked up three bottles of genuine Honda power steering fluid and two bottles of genuine Honda brake fluid. I know it could use both.
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-03-2018, 12:56 AM.

Comment

There is a screw in the driverside front tire. It needs air every day or so. On the front passenger side something has been stuck in the tire making a clicking noise for over 6 months. I had looked for it on several occasions. Also, something is wrong with the alignment in the front end as the tires are wearing to the inside.

An alignment here is probably about $200 (an average oil change is $100) so I can't bring myself to get it aligned. I also don't have the ability to jack the car up myself and find out.

So I bought two new tires for the front. Just to keep it safe until I move and am able to fix the issue correctly. I bought two Kumho Solus TA11 All-Season Radial Tires in 185/70R14 to match the rears. Shame they only lasted a year due to screws, road debris and poor alignment.

The tires were $104 shipped for the pair. I'm not happy but it beats someone getting hurt over a $50 tire.

I have been noticing the wear over the past 6 months. It hasn't progressed quickly. So new tires will buy me enough time to safely fix the issue before ruining the new tires.

Tires will be here Wendsday.

Comment

I had the new front tires installed today. Cost me $47 for mounting and balancing two tires.

I also changed the oil and oil filter. As well as the air filter which needed it.

208,000 miles.

Comment

Man, very cool car, I like simple, clean stuff. Very nice pics you have in here too. Well done sir. Only thing I will say is I am not a fan of the hood bra.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

I'm moving 1300 miles to the East today. Actually right now I should be resting for the 18 hour drive to come. But anyhow, I was organizing the trunk yesterday evening and realized the whole back end of this car is gone. I knew it was bad but it's gotten worse rather rapidly. Even with the trunk interior pieces intact as it came from the factory there are so many places that the ground beneath the car can be seen through the trunk floor. Sadly this cars days are numbered. I need to locate a good shell sometime within the next couple years. For safety reasons I'm going to have to retire this car later in the year. It will be parked and saved for parts.

I don't remember where I got the bra... I think I'm just used to it by now.

It's a shame, the car looks fairly clean aside from the obvious rear quarter rust. However the cancer is so much worse than can be seen. Your compliments are appreciated however! Hopefully the parts will bring life to another CB someday.

Comment

Where you moving to? I have a complete rust free driver side quarter panel for the "Rescuing Ruby" repair; although the older Ruby gets, the more she might need it again. I could probably get away with patch panels still.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                      Where you moving to? I have a complete rust free driver side quarter panel for the "Rescuing Ruby" repair; although the older Ruby gets, the more she might need it again. I could probably get away with patch panels still.
                      Iowa City.

This car is past repair panels unfortunately.

Car made the trip without issue. Almost 25mpg. Impressive.

Comment

I was driving it home yesterday and noticed a vibration. I thought it got a rock behind a hub cap or a wheel weight came off. 1 mile down the road it acted like it went into neutral and had a rotational clunking as it coasted to a stop.

Tow trucks are more expensive than they used to be...

It's either a broke CV shaft or a broken diff/trans.

It will go into gear but without lurching. I can't see a CV shaft spinning. Car won't keep from rolling without park brake. Park won't stop the car from rolling and all gears the speedo starts reading. Could be a broken CV shaft stub. Something CV shaft related.

Either way, the car is going to Missouri next Monday. I'm trading it out with the Corvette. Once I get the Vette fixed up in the coming few weeks I'm selling it or trading it in on either a newer Mercedes E class or a newer Infinity G37.

I'm saving this car. To do something with at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          Still got it. Plan on buying a couple newer vehicles this year. Here's some cool pics. Just a couple places I went in this car.

I bet the air up there is crisp, clear, clean, and tasty.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

It was nice while I was there. It was beautiful. My experience was ok. Work was hell. If I could take my current job there it would've been perfect. I got to enjoy it at the last little bit though. So it's cool.

Comment

This car is sitting at my Dad's still. Still just needs a transmission. The back end is rusty so I will probably just keep it as parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X